NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Game and Gamestation policies...

Ok so I couldn't find a single uniformed answer online about both Game and Gamestation return policies and was wondering if anyone here could shed any light on their policies...

It seems GAME have a seal on all products and if it's broken...no return. But if the product is proven to be damaged (not by the consumer) it seems it is ok for a refund/credt note. But only within a certain timeframe. (7 days?)

Gamestation on the other hand...I'm unsure. I've returned games in the past (usually within a one week timeframe) and have had no problems. Until recently. I was told it was a 2 day return policy and so had to take a credit note/in-store trade for trade in price. I complained to head office and they sent me a voucher and they told me it was a ten day returns policy (similar to Games old one). Yet I've been told in a different store it is a 7 day return period. Not ten.

Anyone know the real answer as it seems individual stores do what they want...

It seems that you buy a game for £40/£50 and if you don't like it your buggered and you lose £20/£30 as the trade in value drops as soon as they've taken your money.

I visited both stores today for work and happened to get on to chatting about these things. In Game its 28 days but the seal has to be on, Faulty software is up to 3 months after purchase. I think their Christmas returns may have now started which would extend both of those to early-mid January.

Gamestation do 10 day returns so long as the game is in new condition. Faulty software is the same as Game as I think thats the legal requirement.

It wouldnt surprise me at all if many of these aren't followed by individual stores either because of not wanting to accept returns and lowering their takings or simply because of not actually knowing them.

I visited both stores today for work and happened to get on to chatting about these things. In Game its 28 days but the seal has to be on' date=' Faulty software is up to 3 months after purchase. I think their Christmas returns may have now started which would extend both of those to early-mid January.

[/quote']

the legal requirement is actually 1 year for faulty...

True. 28 days as long as sealed. Christmas policy is now in effect until 6th January.

Faulties we say three months but as you say, its actually a year but nobody ever brings anything back after three months anyway.

One year on hardware though. We don't dispute that.

True. 28 days as long as sealed. Christmas policy is now in effect until 6th January.

Faulties we say three months but as you say, its actually a year but nobody ever brings anything back after three months anyway.

One year on hardware though. We don't dispute that.

Yeah I think few shops have that much experience of refunded games after a year.

It used to annoy how much customers think it is there right to a refund no matter what...

I guess returns are easier near christmas as most reatives will be buying the first title they see, thus resulting in a lot of unwanted games and a horde of credit notes beingthe norm.

I got a full refund on Mario Strikers: Charged Football, with NO reciept, after it had been played quite a bit...and it was about 4 months after I had bought it.

Perfect condition though.

I want to take back a Guitar Hero III to GAME and I have a reciept but it doesn't have any security tags on it, would they still take it if all the packaging is intact and stuff? It's never been used before.

I want to take back a Guitar Hero III to GAME and I have a reciept but it doesn't have any security tags on it, would they still take it if all the packaging is intact and stuff? It's never been used before.

If they don't take it, maybe you can sell it on here :wink:

Providing it looks as if it hasnt been used I'd personally take it back.

well you more than likely didnt get any seals on it. the game itself will be sealed in the box so you will be fine.

Can anyone tell me if you order something from Game.co.uk and its still sealed, can you return it to a Game store?

Can anyone tell me if you order something from Game.co.uk and its still sealed, can you return it to a Game store?

Yup I have done it a few times. If you want your cash back make sure you take the card you ordered it with down to the shop with you.

Yes but if they sent you the wrong thing (as they seem to be doing a lot lately) its a website issue so speak to me.

(not that yours was, but just a general warning to people)

Sign in to follow this