NEurope
Noku

Ghostbusters Wii

The wii version better still have the 4 player co-op!
Seems to now has just 2-player co-op!...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/935/935419p1.html

Ghostbusters Hands-on

US, December 3, 2008 - After a hands-off demonstration at this year's E3, we were finally able to take the Wii version of Ghostbusters for a spin recently. The game was recently picked up by Atari after Activision decided it just wasn't "annualizable" enough. As you've probably heard, this is ostensibly the same game as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions re-skinned with more stylized, cartoon visuals. We say ostensibly because, after playing both the current- and last-gen versions of the same library level, we saw more enemies, more environments, and heard more dialogue on the 360 and PS3. Still, we're glad to see the Wii game getting some TLC of its own. We praised the Wii version of Shaun White Snowboarding for the same thing -- tailoring its visuals to suit the less-powerful system.

The Ghostbusters' proton beams are highly erratic tools, and developer Red Fly (Mushroom Men) has generously made the greater part of the environments destructible. As you attempt to trap ghosts you'll end up creating a lot of random destruction, which is always good fun. Many a book lost its life during our demo of the library level. The nunchuk's analog stick handles your movement while you point with the remote to aim your beam. Once you've wrangled a specter you'll play a brief mini-game to incapacitate them. Following on-screen arrows you'll need to jerk the remote in order to slam the ghost into walls and ceilings. Once you've worn them down you can throw a trap by making a bowling gesture with your nunchuk.

Ray and Egon provided quite a bit of chatter during our play session, and it all seemed very appropriate for their characters. Small puzzles popped up here and there, like an invisible pathway that could only be seen with our PKE meter. The AI seemed to do a pretty good job of keeping Ray and Egon up with us, the new recruit. The library level led up to a boss fight with the Gray Lady -- the apparition who opened the first Ghostbusters film. She went all demonic on us and flew around the room, protected by orbiting books and columns. Once we blasted the obstructions we were able to wrangle her up.

The entire campaign can be played with two players cooperatively in split screen. Ghostbusters Wii is looking good, but we've still only seen a small sliver of the game. We'll have more coverage leading up to its June 2009 release.

This is one time where I wish either the PS3 or 360 had copied the Wii's motion controls! The Wii-mote proton pack and Nunchuck ghost-trap is really cool, but the latest trailer of the game on the other consoles is just awesome!!

2 player co op is good enough for me. Wii version is a definite for me. If the PS3/30 version has sufficient extras I may get both; but I think the Wii wins out this time - can't wait :D

I am going to get both...

I might jump on that same train.

360/PS3 version has the sexy visuals, and assuming more destructible objects and a sense of realism.

The Wii version has the fun in the motion controls and pretending I'm 6 years old again.

Hopefully both offer varied and worthwhile experiences to warrant an unheard of double purchase.

wondier if the wii will have online multiplayer.

doubt it..but be nice:(

Shnope!! Personally I wouldn't like that so not bothered!

gamereactor have footage of the Wii:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/text.php?id=487

Is this the first footage of the game?

from Joystiq:

Using the Wii Remote to control the proton stream was far and away the most exciting aspect of the Wii version. It was precise and simply felt right. So did deploying a ghost trap by swinging the Nunchuk in a bowling motion. The PS3 version uses motion controls as well (they're optional) for capturing ghosts, but they were nowhere near as satisfying.

Yeh it looks great. A few little niggles showed up in the video, such as the non-existant shadow of your guy in the last area until you walked near the entrance of the room and the camera going through the scenery, but nothing off putting. Loving the destructible scenery stuff, although I thought there was going to be a cost meter in the game which tallies up how much you've cost the city in damages. Was going to be getting this on the Wii over the other versions and I still will. Controls just look more fluid.

i've gone right off this art style.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it myself. Since they went for a cartoony look, I'd rather they had made them look like the cartoon from the 80's

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it myself. Since they went for a cartoony look, I'd rather they had made them look like the cartoon from the 80's

looks fine to me.. there is also no point complaining about stuff they clearly won't or can't do.. we would all love ghostbusters to look like 'the real ghostbusters' but we want tmnt to look like the original also... oh well..might as well judge it on it's own merrits and I think it passes well for a wii game.

I like it a lot. more excited about this then the HD version. Waggle ghost capturing....away we go!!!!!

Pictures of Allysa Milano's character in the Wii version and the other ghostbusters:

3a98106f51ec43cfa6df8aa.jpg

gbwii1117200823.jpg

gbwii1117200825.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

Who is that blond ghostbuster in the first pic? For a moment there I thought they had made all 4 ghostbusters white, until I saw Winston Zeddmore in the last pic.

Who is that blond ghostbuster in the first pic? For a moment there I thought they had made all 4 ghostbusters white, until I saw Winston Zeddmore in the last pic.

I think thats the 'new recruit' character you play as in single player mode

The new recruit you play as.

The Ghostbusters Developer blog at IGN updated:

http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_Ghostbusters/2009/04/02/116597/

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090402002624804.jpg

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090402002627257.jpg

Every time players choose to start a new level, they are presented with the option to play single or multiplayer co-op. As long as you've got a second controller and a friend, you can play any of the levels in two-player mode. Our goal was to make everything in the game very accessible, so even if you don't start a level in two-player mode, activating the second controller mid-level gives you the option to restart that level with the second player active.

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090402002606602.jpg

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20090402002612773.jpg

A lot more screens in the blog.

Edited by Retro_Link
just making it fit the page