NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

German Wii's?

If I were to buy a Wii from Germany for someone (can't get them here at all), what difference would there be between it and one bought in the UK?

Thanks.

(Disregard the apostrophe in thread title please :heh: )

As far as I know, nothing other than the instruction manual...I think. But what do I know? All my shit is imported from the US.

Only thing I would guess that would be different is the manual and maybe the power adapter.

Is there any German users on the forums?

I think Germany uses the same plug as us but at a different voltage.

Get a step down or a Wii UK power brick and you'de be fine tbh.

The Manual is the same even the English instructions are at the start. The voltage is the same on the plugs the only differance is they use 2 prongs rather then the 3 we have but you can just buy an adapter from Maplins or something. Or infact push something into the top prong on the socket and then just plug it in normally.

He could order a UK Wii power adapter from Nintendo as well. All of the power conversions are done in those.

He could order a UK Wii power adapter from Nintendo as well. All of the power conversions are done in those.

How much would one of they cost?

The wii sports instruction book is in German too (it is downloadable online in English though). I've got a German wii and it's perfectly normal.

Setup needed changing into English language, and the box/instructions aren't really needed anyhoo. The 2 prong plug can either be cut off and replaced with a 3 pin. Or you can buy the adapter (£2) or get one from Nintendo. Tell them your existing wii one has been lost and you may even get a freebie ;)

Watch out, if you use a German Wii in England (or basically, anywhere that isn't Germany), it'll blow up, destroying your entire house, and possibly everything within 500 Square Metres of your residence.

How much would one of they cost?

Dunno, can't imagine one of them being too expensive though.

Hey Moria there's Wiis in at GameStation just now. But you need to get Big Brain Academy and any 3 other games for £299.99.

I'm from Austria so I have the same Wii as the Germans. I switched it to English once because the German subs sucked and couldn't be turned off otherwise.

I don't remember how much of the manual is German though but I guess it shouldn't a problem.

The powersupply is design for 230V.

The Manual is the same even the English instructions are at the start. The voltage is the same on the plugs the only differance is they use 2 prongs rather then the 3 we have but you can just buy an adapter from Maplins or something. Or infact push something into the top prong on the socket and then just plug it in normally.

S'what they do in Malta all the time. Their plugs are the UK ones, but most of their shit comes from Europe (mainly Italy).

Sign in to follow this