NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jasper

Wii on my Mac

I want to connect my Wii to my mac and play inside a window on my mac (or use it as a monitor). Anybody got any solutions? I heard of iTV, but I'm not sure wich one will give methe required results. Also, if television is included in it (terrestrial or cable), that's fine with me.

Ideas?

My dad will probably be getting an iTV at some point to rip our old home movies, so I'll be able to try it out and see how it goes then. Though this could be a long time from now.

Check out EyeTV.

http://www.elgato.com

I have an EyeTV Hybrid, which is fine for HDTV, but not so good for playing video games as it suffers from latency issues. Because of its compact size it has a slight lag which you don't notice when watching TV but is quite a pain when playing a game that requires split second response times.

Have a look at the EyeTV 250. From what I've heard it doesn't suffer from the lag that the Hybrid does. I'm not 100%, but check around and read some reviews and comments on the product and you should get some good info.

...Buy a monitor with component inputs? :p

Is rice.

Playing it through a TV card will be absolute wank.

That doesn't exactly solve the problem now, does it.

Good idea, but the problem is: I can etter buy a TV then, and I have an iMac - so the extra screen is pretty unnecesarry for now.

Thanx, Lammie.

Oh, yeah. Its all in built into the monitor. Forgot about that.

Okay so if you had a Mac G5... or whatever they're called these days my suggestion would be fantastic ;)

*gets Apple branded broom out*

Shoo Jordan! Your PC gobbledygook is no good here!

A separate monitor from the rest of the PC? Me no compute!

I do want to ask Lammie: wich on of those eyeTV's has compositre/component input? Or better: wich of those can I use to connect my Wii to the Mac with the avaible Wii-cables (I'de buy a new cable if necesarry)?

And to Lammie and Shorty: I am probably getting a seperat screen, just to put an animation of fish on and use as an aquarium. But I'm not buying any screen with composite inputs just yet...

Sign in to follow this