NEurope
ghost_zero

Updated GC-FreeLoader available (working with newest firmware - v3.1E - on the Wii)

Hi,

I contacted codejunkies.com some time ago regarding an updated FreeLoader.

They told me that it would be avalable soon.

Furthermore they also told me that if I ordered v1.0E (the Wii compatible - I guess not if it is only v1.06 or whatsoever) FreeLoader over their website I will get the new updated FreeLoader for free if I tell them the Order-ID and shipment address.

And today: The new FreeLoader arrived and I am able to play Baten Kaitos Origins again on a v3.1E Wii (updated over Internet and also the update from Metroid Prime 3 - it updated something on first insert although I don't know what because firmware version was still the same).

Btw.: I tried to run v1.0E over the new FreeLoader and that also worked (although the first time I tried it, it hang up but the second time it worked - I guess you are not allowed to wait to long during the swapping disc process because I started writing this thread during that time)...

So if you had ordered from codejunkies.com you might contact their support and ask for the new FreeLoader and you should get one.

Also: Updated Action Replay should also be available.

Regarding Wii-Games FreeLoader I got also a bit info: They are still working on it and regarding Firmware-Updates it will be probably like this (might be different though): They will send updated Wii-Games-FreeLoaders then out for free if you conatct them regarding them and they won't work after a firmware update anymore and ordered from them.

I don't know: Maybe other shops will exchange to the new GC-FreeLoaders too.

P.S.: I don't know which version this new GC-FreeLoader is as it doesn't display a version number - the old v1.0E displayed one but that one doesn't...

As I also wrote: They are still working on it... So we will get one - sooner or later...

Yea I just meant a working Wii one. These firmware updates where always gonna be a problem. Though if they have found out this to by pass the update then hopefully something about the Wii one will appear soon. They've been working on it for a while now.

Well: I guess making a Wii one would not be possible without bypassing this problem first, so I guess they would have had to do this anyway...

I also wonder when the Wii one will get released (hopefully soon).

However, I am happy that I now can play my US/JP-GameCube-Games again (at all because I don't have my GameCube anymore)...

This is all good for now, until Nintendo release another firmware making the new Freeloader redundant.

This is all good for now, until Nintendo release another firmware making the new Freeloader redundant.

Nailed it on the head.

I want it, if I can get it for free given that I have the Wii freeloader.

Bought it from play-asia though.

I barely download the new firmware. Last time I did it was so I could download Sin and Punishment. I won't be downloading the next one either, don't like them replacing MP3s with that AAC thing.

Well: Actually according to Nintendo it was an accident that the FreeLoader didn't work anymore. They only did this regarding Modchips...

Personally, I think they don't have many firmware-possibilities to block GC-FreeLoader because I think they can't modify the GC-Bios itself (not to mention that I don't think they see any need in it)...

Regarding a Wii FreeLoader this might be a different thing...

Well it is their fault that it wasn't region free in the first place :hrh:

The reports saying it was region free made me have hope, but then there was reports contradicting it.

Yeah: I don't understand this either. I mean there should not have been a problem with making the Wii region-free.

It isn't like they won't sell less games from it (maybe different versions but not less games).

Making the Wii region free would see European salesdrop like an elephant in the sea.

It's a shame Freeloader can't be made available as a downloadable channel on the shopping channel, that way they could just keep updating it every time a new firmware messes it up. Nintendo would never allow though I don't think.

I barely download the new firmware. Last time I did it was so I could download Sin and Punishment. I won't be downloading the next one either, don't like them replacing MP3s with that AAC thing.

A lot of games though now come with updates and it checks your system and updates if required.

As for the MP3 one you speak of...from what I understand that will be a update just for the photo channel not a firmware update.

Exactly!!!

For GC-FreeLoader I don't know if it is that easy to block it over a Wii-Firmware-Update as I don't think you can touch the GC-BIOS itself.

Not to mention there is no real need in blocking GC-FreeLoader (the first time it was also just a side-effect).

For a Wii-FreeLoader this would probably be different, of course...

But even if: As long as I get the update for free, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Just wanted to let you know that I also got the working replacement disc from codejunkies.uk for free!

I contacted them via email, but noted that I bought the now defunct version from play-asia.

They wanted some proof of purchase. A screenshot from the play-asia account was sufficient.

Afterwards the sent me a new version (in a dvd case) absolutely free (and I live in Germany!). It took roughly 3 business days.

They just wanted the old CD back, once I received the new version.

After the new Version arrived I put the old version in some small padded parcel for 1€ and it went off to the UK.

The new version works like a dream (until Nintendo jerks again), but it should be noted that the new version works error free like the 1.06b with the gamecube did (no freezing during play/boot), so they corrected the bug with the last wii version.

Or even better, a Freeloader for the Wii -.-

I still use Action Replay which has the free loader so I don't get any issues, though I haven't tried it in a while...

Well: Actually according to Nintendo it was an accident that the FreeLoader didn't work anymore. They only did this regarding Modchips...

Personally, I think they don't have many firmware-possibilities to block GC-FreeLoader because I think they can't modify the GC-Bios itself (not to mention that I don't think they see any need in it)...

Regarding a Wii FreeLoader this might be a different thing...

No firmware update has blocked modchips so they are lying.

Specially because modchips are only installed on the dvd drive, not on the motherboards.

No firmware update has blocked modchips so they are lying.

It was an accident as a result of Nintendo blocking the use of unofficial disks.

Are there even mods that work fully with every game yet? Last time I checked it didn't do all of them.

Not as if i'm trying to promote it, just wondered :heh:

Let's not go down that road lol. Let's keep the discussion to region free gaming.