NEurope
pedrocasilva

Fragile Dreams

character levels up=RPG

besides the RPG definition has been broadned so much in recent years that it really doesn't matter anymore, not when square-enix does RPG's like it does with "press x 20 times to win"

First day sales are in.

First day sales

- Fragile (Wii) 16,000 45% sell-through

- Haruhi (Wii) 8,500 30% sell-through

Apparently, the rule of thumb is that 50% sell-through rate on the first day is a positive consumer reaction…so Fragile is pretty close. It would be nice to see a complete sell-out of the initial shipment within the first month. The better the sell-rate in Japan, the more likely a publisher will pick it up for North America.

That's not bad. A 45% sale through of the initial stock in the first day of a new IP isn't too bad. Ok, it could have done much better but it could also have done much worse. I just really hope they do consider releasing it in Europe and the US as I would like to play this.

Japan Sales: 19 - 25

01. [WII] Wii Play: Mario Tennis (Nintendo) 31,000 / 88,000

02. [WII] Fragile (Namco Bandai) 26,000 / NEW

03. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Namco Bandai) 25,000 / 316,000

04. [PSP] Zill O'll Infinite Plus (KOEI) 25,000 / NEW

05. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (Capcom) 25,000 / 357,000

06. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 20,000 / 1,614,000

07. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 19,000 / 3,196,000

08. [PSP] Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix) 18,000 / 866,000

09. [NDS] Megami Ibunroku: Devil Survivor (Atlus) 18,000 / 74,000

10. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) 17,000 / 684,000

Considering the 16,000 on its first day was 45% of the stock, it was never really going to reach the 50,000 people predicted. It hasn't done too badly though; a lot better have done a lot worse indeed.

Hey, it beat Monster Hunter on the PSP and Taiko Drum Master on the Wii so it's done pretty damn well to get that many sales. I really do hope Namco don't just decide to sit on these numbers and the game and leave it at that because it really would sell much better in the west. If they do release in the west, all I hope is that they keep the whole text coming down the screen on the right hand side. I know it'd look weird with the english being done like that but I think it'd keep some of the character that the game has in japanese.

I don't know but I don't think we'll see it reach this side of the world, even it sold better. Hope I'm wrong.

Op Song - Aoi Teshima - Hikari

End Song - ??? - The Warmth of the Moon

Damn! I was looking for the name of the OP song for so long. Thanks man!

Considering the 16,000 on its first day was 45% of the stock, it was never really going to reach the 50,000 people predicted. It hasn't done too badly though; a lot better have done a lot worse indeed.

If that 45% estimate was correct, it darn near sold out! Not too bad at all!

If that 45% estimate was correct, it darn near sold out! Not too bad at all!
75% sellthrough, I did the math. It probably dried up stock in some stores.

Retailers choose how much stock they order, not the publisher.

It could sell out it's initial stock and still be a flop, if the retailers just didn't but into the product. It's an irellevent figure to be honest.

The game flopped in Japan I'm sure, it's not going to hit 6 figures... I doubt that'll see Namco any sort of a return. Probably come to the west though.

I don't know but I don't think we'll see it reach this side of the world, even it sold better. Hope I'm wrong.

Damn! I was looking for the name of the OP song for so long. Thanks man!

Goodnews! OST is on youtube! :)

Tracks 01 & 02

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Tracks 03 04 & 05

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Tracks 06 07 & 08

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Tracks 09 & 10

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Aoi Teshima - Hikari

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This song isn't on the OST? :

There's a very distinct Studio Ghibli vibe from tracks 1 and 2. Very nice soundtrack though.

What the guy said in the preview reminded we might never see this distributed here. At least there could be a fan translation in the future, if things come to worst.

Well that preview confirmed that this game is only really enjoyable if you can understand what they are talking about. Meaning that importing the Japanese version is completely uninteresting for me.

I just hope that it will at least get a release in the USA.

@Blue_Ninja0: Regarding fan translation: Well even though: If it is not some subs directly in the game - e.g. by HomeBrew or something like this - it isn't that interesting either because I certainly don't want to look up every part of text on some paper.

@Blue_Ninja0: Regarding fan translation: Well even though: If it is not some subs directly in the game - e.g. by HomeBrew or something like this - it isn't that interesting either because I certainly don't want to look up every part of text on some paper.

You're right. I was talking about homebrew. I don't want to be reading it on paper or on the computer either.

wait a minute, people can use Homebrew to create fansubs on Japanese games too? AWESOME, didn't know that was possible, hope someone makes a sub for this then if it doesn't get an official translation.

wait a minute, people can use Homebrew to create fansubs on Japanese games too? AWESOME, didn't know that was possible, hope someone makes a sub for this then if it doesn't get an official translation.

I doubt it. The only example we have of this is Mother 3, which requires you to patch a ROM of the game with the new translation. If this happens for Fragile, it will still require more than just hbc (and it will be illegal).

I doubt it. The only example we have of this is Mother 3, which requires you to patch a ROM of the game with the new translation. If this happens for Fragile, it will still require more than just hbc (and it will be illegal).

Actually, Mother 3 is just probably one of the most wanted and hyped fan translations. I've played SNES games that were translated (Star Ocean, Bahamut Lagoon), and recently Persona 2 (There are two parts, one got localized and the other never left Japan) has been translated, and it's a ISO file.

Actually it should be possible without patching the game directly but should be possible by loading a program before that just gives other texts when they are requested and that might not actually be illegal as the game code itself doesn't get changed.

However this isn't too easy to do and very unlikely to be done for the Wii.