NEurope
Domstercool

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

This game seems to deserve its own thread. The reviews are highly positive and some are saying it's THE game for the PS3 at the moment. I was a little interested in it when it first came to show, but now hearing the positive stuff it's been receiving, I'll be certainly picking it up.:)

61mo4ZAqoZL._SS500_.jpg

Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment

Developed by: Naughty Dog Software

Genre: Action Adventure

Number of Players: 1

Release Date: US 11/19/07

UK 12/07/07

Reviews: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932984.asp?q=uncharted

Taking full advantage of the power of PS3, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune is developed using proprietary technology that promises to impress players with incredibly realistic characters and lifelike environments. Building on its legacy of extraordinary storytelling, Naughty Dog has created an elaborate plot that will have players guessing at every turn.

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, brings players into a world ripe with realism and unexpected juxtapositions. A fallible hero akin to those depicted in pulp-adventure genre films, Nathan Drake brings a humanity and believability never seen before in video gaming, enabled entirely through PS3 technology advancements.

A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. In Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, the search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Features:

Find Drake’s Fortune: Use maps and ancient artifacts, uncover clues and unravel mysteries to find a forgotten island and a treasure that was thought to have never existed

Explore exotic locations: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune sees players traverse through living jungles and spectacular 400-year-old ruins.

Co-operation is key: Drake’s companions and allies play an important role in

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, through cooperative mechanics, gunplay and exploration.

Experience fast-paced gunplay: use a variety of environmental elements for cover, shoot enemies off of moving vehicles in high speed chases and more.

Drake's Fortune Fighting: Use an array of hand-to-hand fighting moves to put your enemy off balance. Anything from wild haymaker punches to running drop-kicks.

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune animation: Naughty Dog's advanced animation techniques allow Drake to switch seamlessly can reload his weapon while dodging bullets and find cover behind a wall, all in one smooth natural motion.

Lifelike emotion: Drake's Fortune characters express lifelike emotion using gesture and facial expression through the use of Naughty Dog’s proprietary Wrinkle Mapping Facial Animation system.

High-definition range lighting: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune delivers full floating point color calculations yielding an unequaled level of realism and detail.

Hyper realistic water: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune boasts physics based Wave Simulation paired with cutting edge Refraction/Reflection rendering techniques.

a vibrant living environment: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune utilises next generation rendering techniques such as Bump Mapping, Parallax Mapping, Blend Shaders, Global Illumination, Runtime Shadows and Real Time Shadows, Naughty Dog has created a vibrant living environment.

932984_20071015_screen014.jpg

932984_20071015_screen011.jpg

932984_20070918_screen001.jpg

932984_20071015_screen002.jpg

932984_20071015_screen018.jpg

932984_20070918_screen003.jpg

932984_20070918_screen027.jpg

Looks Amazing! :D

Thanks for starting a thread on this game, it needs more loving! :D

Yeah the demo is amazing!

Its very up close and personal.

Eurogamer just gave it a 9 :grin:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87533

in comes an action-adventure which sits somewhere between the architectural beauty of Ico and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and the combat intensity of Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War. Far from being just another Tomb Raider, Uncharted, at times, feel like a wish-list of all the best bits of your favourite action games of the past five years.

The UK demo is out on the UK store. So download away if you havent already for one of thisyears best games. Demo is very short but gives you a small taste of how intense the shooting is.

GT Review

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28090.html

Im a big fan of Naughty Dogs work as I loved the Crash games they made and the 1st Jak games was/is godly ( didnt like the GTA style they used for the other games ) I have just watched the review and im very very impressed by this game.

I was supposed to pick a PS3 up for Ratchet and Clank but I got screwed out of £200 by pipex as they hadnt been charging me for my internet and forgot to tell me so I had to pay what I owed them resulting in me not getting another PS3. Depending on how healthy my bank balance is next pay day ( couple of weeks ) I may pick up another PS3 and get Ratchet and this as my 360 will be gathering dust now as there is nothing I want for it and the Wii doesnt satisify my traditional gaming needs. We will see what happens....

I've only played the first 2 chapters of this (and the demo), but WOW! I'm really enjoying this game so far! I've not had as much fun exploring any environments since PoP: Sands Of Time and the graphics are eye-meltingly gorgeous! It's definitely the best looking game I've ever played and this, along with Ratchet and Clank, has finally justified my £380 (go Tesco staff discount) purchase.

I love it and can't wait to play it some more tomorrow night!

Wow, this game really has me floored!:o

Not just the excellent graphics, but the fact that it has shooting and is not a sci-fi/WWII-adventure with a fetish for the colours gray and brown.

The animation is superb, the voice-acting class and the gameplay, while not the re-imagining of adventure gaming, is well above average. This is just what I needed: a game that makes me feel like Indiana Jones! :grin:

It's a good period for PS3 for me. Call of Duty 4 slipped by, Ratchet and Clank found it's way to me, Folklore has left me both incredibly surprised and enthousiastic and now this! :bowdown:

Uncharted, Ratchet and Folklore are great!

Not forgetting Singstar, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword!

I haven't regretted buying my PS3 as yet!

This does look extra special though! Ratchet and Singstar are my fav PS3 games at the mo, but i'm 99% sure this will over them!

just feels like playing tomb raider legend/anniversary with a man and better graphics in it to me.

its no bad thing, just nothing new.

Wow i really enjoyed this. Amazingly good game. :smile:

just feels like playing tomb raider legend/anniversary with a man and better graphics in it to me.

its no bad thing, just nothing new.

... Thats like saying Mario Galaxy is like Blinx.

If you play for more than 5-10 minutes you will realise that there is alot compared to what meets the eye. Sure it looks and sounds great but the gameplay is amazing.

Melee and shooting are handled really well. It has that RE4 feel where it gets intense if you dont 'check' your enemies. They really nailed the cover and action system. It feels great. The platforming and adventuring is superb. Without the animation i doubt it would be as convincing. Its amazing how Nate climbs and jumps across obstacles. Its like a movie rather than a platformer in looks. So natural. Its interesting how the 'samish' stuff is a chore in Tomb Raider but enjoyable in Uncharted. I am starting to think we can wait abit for Jak and Daxter :heh:

I would love to see where they go next. Its hard to pinpoint bits since the whole thing was great. :bowdown: It gets better and better as you go along.

A man who is so much more of a better character than Lara Croft will ever be. He has so much more personality than that womb holder!

TBH even saying Tomb Raider in the same line with Uncharted just brings Uncharted's greatness down. Uncharted is just so much better in every place possible!

Yeah i kinda hate Tomb Raider now after this. Tomb Raider is really tedious.

I finished up now. On normal. Was very addicitve.

Gonna go for unlocks but later. SO busy and so many games to play. Playing Singstar now.

Love some of the unloackables. I want doughnut Drake!

So I started playing this yesterday and in true McDonalds fashion, im lovin it!

Now im only playing on a normal 28" Widescreen TV ( sorry Caris I know I need to get an LCD ) but the visuals are simply amazing.

In one of the early levels where the Nazi sub is I climbed to the top of the cliff and walked underneath the waterfall. I then stood there just panning the camera around looking at the sun and all the scenery around me, it was breath taking.

Another thing I love is how Nates clothes look wet when you jump into some water and then dry off again as you run around.

Its so much more fun and fluid than the Tomb Raider games and I just like some of "puzzles" Nate comes across. Now Lara would have to look for a key or climb around various ledges to get behind a doorway, Nate just blows the hell out of the wall to get past it. Genius!

Im only on to the 6th chapter at the moment and seeing as my copy of Heavenly Sword seems to have gone missing in the post ( I hate Royal Mail ) then I will be playing this for quite a while.

Well I have just finished it and it was a fantastic experience.

Everything from the voice acting, visuals, music and story were great even if the story was cliche it was still brilliant.

I managed to get 35 treasures on my 1st run through which im happy with but there is still many of the "achievements" that I still need such as killing so many enemies with various weapons. Methinks after I have beaten Heavenly Sword I will go through this again on easy and get the remaining treasures ( use a guide this time ) and see what other rewards I can pick up on the way.

Looking at the rewards it seems that Naughty Dog will probably convert the Medals into Trophies once HOME arrives. I remember reading an interview with Insominiac ages saying that they would probably do something like that with the Skill Points in Ratchet and Clank and Resistance.

Im hoping that Naughty Dog decide to continue with this series as Nate is such a great character. Once again they delivered and they did it with the first lot of Crash games, Jak and Daxter now this. Everything that Naughty Dog and Insominiac touches turns to gold IMO.

Owen, come Christmas day your in for a real treat when playing this :)

All done!

PHTO0127.jpg

I promised myself I would beat it before Christmas and I just managed to finish it at 23:59 last night, no kidding.

Just finished it, loved it all the way through :D

The bit where you have to get the generator going was abit tense and freaked me out.

Played the demo of this today, seemed to be pretty good, may have to pick it up if I can get it at a decent price.

Played the demo of this today, seemed to be pretty good, may have to pick it up if I can get it at a decent price.

Gameplay it's £32.99 which is the cheapest I can find. However slap this £5 voucher code on ( dt7aquwhf ) and it becomes a very good deal :D

Going to replay for more unlockables. I am wondering if they will link the rewards and treasures with Home?

Done! Not 100% complete but i finished it and im happy at that. In all honesty i cant see too much replay value with it, it was a little frustrating at points when the enemies just keep coming.

Hell of alot o fun took me a little under a week to finish it, 40 treasures and about 3/5 of the medal things unlocked.

I wont say much here for people still playing but a couple of those last chapters had me crapping bricks. It was the noises.... on my new TV.... with my GF.... in the dark = SCARY :D