NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

the simpsons game

shockingly, despite some lower than expected reviews, i'm thinking of the simpsons game as a stop gap until the true master of platforming adventure arrives on Friday. I'm a great fan of the series.

However, i've not read much on the game, but am fully aware the camera is not up to scratch. What other negative points does this game have?

Also, which console has the best version of the game- is the wii version an improvement of others?

shockingly, despite some lower than expected reviews, i'm thinking of the simpsons game as a stop gap until the true master of platforming adventure arrives on Friday. I'm a great fan of the series.

However, i've not read much on the game, but am fully aware the camera is not up to scratch. What other negative points does this game have?

Also, which console has the best version of the game- is the wii version an improvement of others?

I can only speak for the 360 version but I loved it. The camera isnt half as bad as everyone made it out to be and the game is really funny, especially the videogame level where there are many Nintendo references.

The Wii version is missing tons of content the PS3 / 360 versions have, namely 1000 lines of dialogue, the whole free-roaming mode and other stuff.

I was considering getting it, but that is just too hard to swallow.

The Wii version is missing tons of content the PS3 / 360 versions have, namely 1000 lines of dialogue, the whole free-roaming mode and other stuff.

I was considering getting it, but that is just too hard to swallow.

1000 lines of dialogue? There really isn't any point getting the Wii version unless you don;t own a 360 or PS3. Personally, as a huge Simpson fan I this is disappointing to say the least.

well i played both 360 and the wii versions and they are almost the same

Wii version

the-simpsons-game-20071107053855404.jpg

the-simpsons-game-20071107053905825.jpg

the-simpsons-game-20070927100150371.jpg

to me personally i like the Wii version visual style better it looks more like the cartoon itself

well i played both 360 and the wii versions and they are almost the same

to me personally i like the Wii version visual style better it looks more like the cartoon itself

But what about all the missing dialogue? Surely there is no reason for that as the storgae mediums hold the same amount of data? Is this true and if so is it just laziness or is there a real reason?

Yeah i was noticing that the Wii version looks more like older, cruder episodes of the Simpsons, which is a good thing but missing dialog is unacceptable (unless it was strictly annoying dialog that was removed)

The 360 version is very good! Although i only play it when my bro can play co-op with me, which isn't often.

Right, a little late but i've picked this up as a rental.

It clearly has some of the best production values on Wii, nice fluid animation, good VO work, its pretty much exactly how you'd want The Simpsons game to look and feel. Its a simple platformer, child friendly puzzles and oozing charm and character. Its all rather simple and generic- but thats given the team opportunity to poke fun

However, the camera renders this game unplayable. Simply put, this is the very worst example of poor camera i've come across. Given i'd read reviews and expected a poor camera, i'm shocked its as bad as it is- this isn't poor, its truly abysmal. Quite how it managed to get past QA is anyones guess.

As a fan of The Simpsons, i'd love to stick it out to the end, but sadly, i'm doubting i will.

Sign in to follow this