NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

psp - innovative gaming device of the year

Semantic disputes don't legitimise your argument; the PSP can produce an experience that is comparable to that which you would enjoy on a home console. Hence, it delivers a 'home console' experience. The Nintendo DS doesn't have the visuals or power to deliver that experience.

You are not being done an injustice. THERE IS NO WAR.

It has the better visuals than the N64...Which is a HOME CONSOLE!!

The games that we play on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, generally, wouldn't be welcomed as £30-£40 GameCube, PlayStation or Xbox games. They're not designed for the home console. They often wouldn't work as home console games. And we're talking about the current range of home consoles here. Just to make that clear.

The PlayStation Portable, however, has the potential to play games that would work as home console games. It has the visuals. It has the screen. It is possible to display a full-blown city for you to explore in three dimensions. Hence, some games are comparable to that which you play on your PlayStation. It is essentially, as the worn phrase goes, 'a PlayStation on the go'.

Okay....I get what you mean. Don't agree with the whole visuals thing though, just now that I think about GTA i kinda get it.

Yay racing games. Isn't it great to see new games that have never been done before? :heh:

the top one is clearly burnout for the xbox 360
If it is, I don't agree that it's clearly evident. Looks like Burnout 3 to me.

Yay racing games. Isn't it great to see new games that have never been done before? :heh:

Yeah, it's not bad. I like playing games that have been done before, too. But I guess you're not allowed to; that would contradict the ideology wouldn't it? That would be admitting defeat in this holy war, wouldn't it?

I couldn't believe that psp won the innovation award! I mean, it's a fantastic machine but it's no-way as innovative as the DS!

Clearly, alot of Sony fans were entering their vote, due to the fact that San Andreas won some awards that it perhaps shouldn't have???

:smile:

Portable games aren't the same as console games at all, in fact I'd say the play experience is vastly different no matter what Sony want you to think. Just because a handheld game is console priced doesn't give you a similar experience.

PSP is a fantastic example of something that's done better everywhere else for the exact same price. UMDs? DVDs. PSP games? Ps2 games. I'm not totally into the DS either, but at least it has a few neat titles to make it worth owning, the PSP has proved itself worthless to me today outside the blast-zone of the inital wow factor.

Do yourselves a favour and buy a Ps2 instead of a PSP, and spend the difference on an Xbox with Xbox Live. Actually screw the Ps2, Xbox Live for the super win.

Regarding this awards thingy, who cares? It won't ruin my day.

It only got that award because some sad few playstation fanboys spent there afternoons, repeatidy votting for psp.

-Plus that playstation PORT-able -lol, nice.

yup deffently, and the bottom one is at least xbox probaly 360.

Soz for the double post, only just reliased, opps. :)

You are not being done an injustice. THERE IS NO WAR.

maybe it'd be for the best if you kept this line in your sig permanently

You're probably right. Those screenshots are from Burnout Legends (PSP) and Burnout 3: Revenge (PS2, Xbox).

You're probably right. Those screenshots are from Burnout Legends (PSP) and Burnout 3: Revenge (PS2, Xbox).
Who's right? Me?

Of course.

...pspworld.com/images/burnout-legends.jpg

Yeah. Its for the Xbox 360 alright! ;)

Who's right? Me?

Of course.

dukkadukka.

That's Burnout Legends.

The Sun Online - Online Game of the Year – World of Warcraft

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*hugs his lvl 60 pald and lvl 60 druid* :D