NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

psp - innovative gaming device of the year

and i was confused why we had an hour long lesson on what the term innovative meant in 6th form...now i know why

Here's the full list:

PlayStation 2 Game of the Year – Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

GameCube Game of the Year – Resident Evil 4

Xbox Game of the Year – Halo 2

PC Game of the Year – Half Life 2

The Carphone Warehouse Handheld Game of the Year – Super Mario 64 DS

Best Film-Based Game of 2005 – Resident Evil 4

BBC Radio One – Colin and Edith’s Best Game Soundtrack of 2005 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The Sun Online - Online Game of the Year – World of Warcraft

Publisher of the Year - Nintendo

The In Stock Magazine Retailer of the Year – Play.com

The Game One Gaming Innovation of the Year - PSP

The MCV One to Watch for Xmas – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The Sun’s One to Watch for 2006 – Resident Evil 5

Hero of 2005 – CJ from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Villain of 2005 – Officer Tenpenny from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The Girl’s Choice for 2005 – The Sims 2

Editor’s Game of the Year – Resident Evil 4

Unsung Hero of the Year - Fahrenheit

Nuts Magazine’s Ultimate Game of 2005 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

"The MCV One to Watch for Xmas – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess"

WTF. That isn't even coming out until next year. Would anyone care to explain how the PSP is innovative to me please?

Those are seriously fucked up. The Playstation PORTable innovative ? :heh:

*Awaits flaming from Domstercool about Lumines*

...Its just a joke :heh:

Hero of 2005 – CJ from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Villain of 2005 – Officer Tenpenny from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

For the love of god.

..The PSP is pretty amazing.

WHERE ARE THE GAMES?!!

Stuffed up Ken Kuturagi's asshole.

Would anyone care to explain how the PSP is innovative to me please?

It does many things in one small unit I suppose. Kinda like how buffets are innovative meals because they have lots of food in such small areas.

It does many things in one small unit I suppose. Kinda like how buffets are innovative meals because they have lots of food in such small areas.

indeed, it gave gamers absolutly new ways to play...i mean where else can u play a metal gear card game...

It's not more innovative than the DS though, 2 screens, one of which is a touch screen. Microphone.....

Yeah domster i was a bit baffled by that little section, film based game? unless they're saying RE4 was inspired by a film but it wasn't based on any film as that would entail the story being taken from the film and everything. PSP sexy and handy as hell, not innovative though in my books. But what can you do - and is CJ really a hero? i mean damn the man has the option to go killing and running over any punk he sets his eyes and to be fair you know you've done it, he isn't really the stereotypical hero i've seen hundreds more so then him, i mean leon for one the guy took on a village infested with parasitic bastards laying dormant in these people, not to mention the countless other beasts and stopped the world from getting screwed over to and not just in one game....give the guy some credit - don't worry leon i still loves ya!

Yeah...that's bullshit. That's like saying That Internet fridge is innovative or the N-Gage was innovative....They're not.

Innovative:

adj 1: ahead of the times; "the advanced teaching methods"; "had advanced views on the subject"; "a forward-looking corporation"; "is British industry innovative enough?" [syn: advanced, forward-looking, modern] 2: being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before; "stylistically innovative works"; "innovative members of the artistic community"; "a mind so innovational, so original" [syn: innovational, groundbreaking]

For the love of god.

I agree....How can they be the best good-guys/villains....GTA:SA was said to lack decent story and originality and such. Were there really that much of a lack of great Bad-guys this year?! The short guy outta Resi 4 was good!!

This is obviously a complete crap award thing. Sounds like the only games they've played are GTA & Resi 4, and bought themselves a little PSP. They think resi 4 is a FILM for fucks sake!!!.....That shows how much you should listen to these awards.

I think that whole list was pretty boring, there's so much RE4 and GTA:SA on it. Where's killer7 for best piece of art?

But I don't get how the PSP should be innovative, you can play movies on it, listen to music, browse the Web and even play games. You can do the same things with the Siemens SX-1 plus you can take photos and videos and even edit them and it also features a phone and is half the size of the PSP, and what's with the Gizmondo, doesn't that have even more features?

Considering some of the stuff you do in San Andreas, I don't think it is wise to be calling CJ a freaking hero. This is a prime example of why our industry is a sad, sad place.

Those are seriously fucked up. The Playstation PORTable innovative ? :heh:

*Awaits flaming from Domstercool about Lumines*

...Its just a joke :heh:

It does have 3 RPGs out this month. ^_^

It's innovative in that we've never had a full-blown 3D home-console experience on the move before. I would have gone with the DS, but their conclusion is justified.

Hmmm....Surely these should go out once 2005 is finished!!! There are still games to be released & bought by many. I mean, nintendogs is yet to be bought for Xmas prezzies (my Bro inc. if my parents do get him one, i really want them to too, haha)

But the DS is a 3D 'home console' experience (that's complete rubbish about both) too is it not?!

No, it isn't. It's just really not.

neither of them are a Home console experience!! Because they're handhelds!!! It's like saying that the GBA is a home console experience of the SNES

Semantic disputes don't legitimise your argument; the PSP can produce an experience that is comparable to that which you would enjoy on a home console. Hence, it delivers a 'home console' experience. The Nintendo DS doesn't have the visuals or power to deliver that experience.

You are not being done an injustice. THERE IS NO WAR.

The Golden Joystick awards really have lost the plot over the last few years. It was much better when it was just in Games Master. Everything there is either extremely predictable or just stupid.

PlayStation 2 Game of the Year – Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Xbox Game of the Year – Halo 2

PC Game of the Year – Half Life 2

I'm presuming those are GOTYs 2004.

mgs3 should of swept the board where gta did...but it didnt, volgin that sadist is worse then tenpenny...but no...samuel l jackson voicing a baddy just has to be the winner...but yes, cj did save the world right

Sign in to follow this