NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Who's going to a GAME Mario Galaxy Launch Event?

Agreed Din,

I'm heading from Sunderland at 4ish so I dread to think how long it will take me to get to the metro through Washington. May skip out of uni early! Could be worth it ;)

If there is a free game I may indeed dress up. A mario theme is not exactly the easiest thing to dress up as. If only I still had that second hand NASA suit too..hmmm. What to do.. Will a Zelda Tee be enough?! lol.

Did you go today Moria? What did they say? This is very tempting... but would only consider dressing up if a free game is definatley on the cards. : peace:

Haven't had a chance yet. Don't know when I will - probably not until next week now.

I might go as Peach. I won't be going in a pink dress though, I'll wear a girls school uniform, and wear a crown to let them know I'm dressed as a character.

Hey I think I'll go, see you there Moria! By the way will you be dressing up? I've never done anything like this before but I dunno I might as well but at the same time don't want to be the only idiot in a mario suite. Imagine a brown Mario, ridiculous innit, might just go in a space suite :P Dunno.

If I go,dunno who to dress up as either. It's kinda hard :heh:

But awesome another potential forumer to meet.

Who is going to Amsterdam for the launch party?

here is the dutch info:

http://www.impressive-media.nl/klanten/nintendo/smg/mailing/

Op vrijdag 16 november aanstaande wordt Super Mario Galaxy exclusief voor de Wii in Europa geïntroduceerd. Misschien een kleine stap voor de mensheid, maar een gigantische sprong voor Mario! De loodgieter wordt de ruimte in gelanceerd in Super Mario Galaxy, de ultieme Mario-beleving speciaal voor Wii.

Mario is het beroemdste videogamepersonage aller tijden, met tot dusver meer dan 185 miljoen verkochte spellen. Nu speelt hij de hoofdrol in de meest gewilde 3D-avonturentitel die speciaal voor Wii is ontwikkeld. In Super Mario Galaxy kom je samen met Mario in de buitenste regionen van de ruimte terecht. Je verkent in dit verbluffend mooie avontuur talloze sterrenstelsels in alle hoeken van het heelal. Door gebruik te maken van de innovatieve Controllers van de Wii, bestuur je Mario op een buitenaards nieuwe manier. Beleef de evolutie van platformspellen, met een ervaring die het genre opnieuw definieert.

Ontmoet Mario bij Fame Music!

Om zijn landing met de aardse bewoners te vieren, rijden Mario en de astronauten op een maanbuggy door Amsterdam. Uiteraard is er ook de mogelijkheid om het spel Super Mario Galaxy te spelen. In en rond Fame Music zijn de hele dag verschillende activiteiten te beleven. Verzamel de gouden muntjes die de astronauten uitdelen, speel het spel op een megagroot LCD-scherm (2,5 meter breed!) in de winkel of ga persoonlijk met Mario op de foto. En de eerste honderd kopers die bij Mario het spel Super Mario Galaxy kopen, ontvangen een speciaal door Nintendo ontworpen T-shirt. Mario is vanaf 12.00 uur bij Fame Music aanwezig.

Wij willen jou van harte uitnodigen om op vrijdag 16 november aanstaande bij de lancering van het nieuwste Mario-avontuur aanwezig te zijn en persoonlijk Super Mario Galaxy te ervaren. Dit belooft een heel spektakel te worden, dus zorg dat je er bij bent.

Adres: Kalverstraat 2-4 in Amsterdam

Tijd: 10.00 – 19.00 uur, Mario is vanaf 12.00 uur aanwezig.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Het Nintendo Team

Well this really raises the question "Is your dignity worth a possible £200?". I don't think I could dress up as a Mario character for that. :p

Dignity? lol I was thinking that but honestly, the people who will see me I will never meet again and if I do it will be a really good ice-breaker in our first conversation lol :P

Mario is vanaf 12.00 uur aanwezig.

It'd better be the real Mario and not just some hulp-sinterklaas!:shakehead

Hey I think I'll go, see you there Moria! By the way will you be dressing up? I've never done anything like this before but I dunno I might as well but at the same time don't want to be the only idiot in a mario suite. Imagine a brown Mario, ridiculous innit, might just go in a space suite :P Dunno.

Cool.

I'll talk to you on MSN about it later on (my display name is Charlie if you're wondering - don't think I've ever actually spoken to you on it before!).

is it a midnight launch (proberly is) ?

You should really read the first post. 6pm - 9pm, can't be a midnight launch if you get it the day before :heh:

K, I'm going to the one in Manchester for sure. Will I have to reserve a copy? Also, is anyone welcome?

Tempted by the Birmingham one. So if you dress up there is a chance you'll get a free game? My mate has a full Mario costume which I could borrow for the evening.

Thing is I don't want to put in all this effort to be in the store for 5 minutes and pay an extra fiver when I could order it from Gameplay and get it for the same price and get it that morning. :lol:

That's why I dunno if i'm going or not yet. If it get's sent early then I won't,if not i'll meet up with Moria and other N-Ers that are going.

I think I'll be going to the Glasgow one, that is unless I get it on Wednesday from G-Force :)

I think I'll be going to the Glasgow one, that is unless I get it on Wednesday from G-Force :)

Same with me apart from GAME or Shopto :heh:

Got them pre-orderd from them and if GAME keeps things up should hopefully get it on Wednesday, of not i'll go to the event.

I've been thinking about that aswell. Wouldn't think so to be honest. There was enough Zeldas at launch and i'm sure there would be a good amount stocked up.

You can for self assurance if you want.

Yeah, guess it's not like the N64 days when OOT came out. lol. Still, I'll pre order anyway.

Dya think I'll have to preorder a copy of the game??

The guy in GAME told me not to bother when I asked him.

At the Wii launch, the store I went to had 97 Zelda's for about 30 Wii's... It's a massive game, I wouldn't worry.

Sign in to follow this