NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Who's going to a GAME Mario Galaxy Launch Event?

If I won a Wii and Mario Galaxy, got interviewed and got stuff signed by Charles Marinez, I would wet myself.

Maybe not that but you get the idea of how happy and excited I would be.

Same, and then it would be on eBay about 20 minutes after I got home.

I went to the Glasgow one as I was passing anyway (didn't actually buy the game) there were about 3 people dressed up and the other people in the shop just seemed to be there anyway. This was at about 7.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh crap i ain't preordered mine but if i go really really really early do you think i can get it guys

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh crap i ain't preordered mine but if i go really really really early do you think i can get it guys

probebly, they arn't really going to be in short supply in my oppinion. Just do what i'm doing and go in when it opens Friday morning.

If I won a Wii and Mario Galaxy, got interviewed and got stuff signed by Charles Marinez, I would wet myself.

Maybe not that but you get the idea of how happy and excited I would be.

I do THE best Mario impression. It's actually quite freaky. :p So I'll sign your Wii for you, and you can pee yourself.

I do THE best Mario impression. It's actually quite freaky. :p So I'll sign your Wii for you, and you can pee yourself.

Okay then. Do you want pictures for proof :heh:

If anyone cares the goody bag contains a black Super Mario Galaxy beanie (wow!), a keyring that projects the SMG logo, a weird giant rain mac kind of thing which looks like you'd wear it on wet rides at Alton Towers or somewhere, and the bag itself which has the Super Mario Galaxy logo on it. Not bad for free :)

________

Mexicocity Hotel

Edited by the_mars_volta

Same, and then it would be on eBay about 20 minutes after I got home.

I went to the Glasgow one as I was passing anyway (didn't actually buy the game) there were about 3 people dressed up and the other people in the shop just seemed to be there anyway. This was at about 7.

Yeah, I think he's popping it on eBay when it arrives (Nintendo decided to post it to him, they ran out of Wiis!). Since a Wii AND it's signed by Martinez it'll be worth a mint. It was pretty amazing, got lots of attention from Nintendo people. When Martinez walked over to us I was pretty excited.

Yeah, I think he's popping it on eBay when it arrives (Nintendo decided to post it to him, they ran out of Wiis!). Since a Wii AND it's signed by Martinez it'll be worth a mint. It was pretty amazing, got lots of attention from Nintendo people. When Martinez walked over to us I was pretty excited.

I now hate you. Hope your happy...

I eventually decided to go over my overdraft for this game and went to the manchester event. Got there just after 6 and there were about 4 luigis, coupls of mario's, couple of toads and a couple of princess peach's! Didn't get a goody bag that everyone seems to be talking about though, did you have to come dressed up to get one? I didn't really hang around too long because I wanted to get back asap to play the damn thing!

I eventually decided to go over my overdraft for this game and went to the manchester event. Got there just after 6 and there were about 4 luigis, coupls of mario's, couple of toads and a couple of princess peach's! Didn't get a goody bag that everyone seems to be talking about though, did you have to come dressed up to get one? I didn't really hang around too long because I wanted to get back asap to play the damn thing!

You probably seen me there without realizing it. :p

Oh my God... I went to the Oxford St. one with 2 friends, one of whom dressed as a chain chomp. After loads of interviews (ONM, TV etc.) it was announced he'd won the Wii! Even before this Charles Martinez came over and chatted to us. He's even getting the Wii signed. Pics (some with me in) will be on the web. Unreal...

You saying that makes me want to partially cry!!! I got there at 7pm (1 hour later than I hoped), and I saw the TV crew leaving! I asked someone about the costume competition and they said that had finished not long ago! I dressed up as Mario (I did it in the end), plus I saw two Links, a Toad and a Chomp (I don't think that was your friend though).

But hey, I got a picture with Charles Martinez as well as spoke to him, he signed the game and the notepad for me and I got a picture with the event costume Mario (my twin, it's definately going up on the net ;)), so all weren't too bad.

But most importantly... I got Galaxy :D, although it'll be a couple hours before I can play it for the first time.

You saying that makes me want to partially cry!!! I got there at 7pm (1 hour later than I hoped), and I saw the TV crew leaving! I asked someone about the costume competition and they said that had finished not long ago! I dressed up as Mario (I did it in the end), plus I saw two Links, a Toad and a Chomp (I don't think that was your friend though).

But hey, I got a picture with Charles Martinez as well as spoke to him, he signed the game and the notepad for me and I got a picture with the event costume Mario (my twin, it's definately going up on the net ;)), so all weren't too bad.

But most importantly... I got Galaxy :D, although it'll be a couple hours before I can play it for the first time.

At 7 there were still camera crews left. We had to hang around for him to get interviewed etc. It may have been him you saw, if it was a chain chomp costume that was about 5ft tall and looked like a few bin bags. It took him ages to make, and it was impressive but didn't look perfect. I think he won because practically all the other costumes were either just hats or ready-made costumes. With this one he'd done it all himself.

A Chain Chomp was a really good idea though. Not many would of went as one. Was a really good idea using the bin bags and stuff, sounds like he deserves it.

I would of kept the Wii for Collective and memories sake.

A Chain Chomp was a really good idea though. Not many would of went as one. Was a really good idea using the bin bags and stuff, sounds like he deserves it.

I would of kept the Wii for Collective and memories sake.

He still might. He now has 2 Wiis, so one will go.

Found an image of it from Gamespot:

2037672268_51f25b84d5.jpg

Looked a bit better when the mouth was more closed, but still good.

That is awesome. No joke. I think for my sanity I might avoid those pictures :heh:

I'll get jealous.

I didn't get a goody bag :( Probably because I turned up at 8:50! Still I got the game at least!!!!

The bloke in Game said there had been loads of people in buying the game. Told me Nintendo had just packed up and left not long before I got there. Damn!

photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v151/177/0/222401668/n222401668_1960921_5268.jpg- check it out.

anyone see me? was mushroom. rocked up late and didn't get a free game!!! we then proceeded to get trashed and club hop through soho- my mate lost it in a bloody gay bar!!! ridiculous

There was loads of impressive dressers up at the metro. Some kid made a massive Bowser mask and it looked awesome. There was also a kid who had a brilliant Bullet Bill outfit. (Wire and bin liners with perfect eyes). There were loads of mario/luigi/princesses and even a bloke as Peach. They all had their photos taken. There were no wii's or free games given out though. There were 2 MG pods with kids on them all the time and free pizza was doing the rounds.

photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v151/177/0/222401668/n222401668_1960921_5268.jpg- check it out.

anyone see me? was mushroom. rocked up late and didn't get a free game!!! we then proceeded to get trashed and club hop through soho- my mate lost it in a bloody gay bar!!! ridiculous

Picture won't load for me, but if you were Toad with a waistcoat and big hat and got to the Oxford St. one at about 7:30-8:00, I saw you. We were leaving when you/someone else came.

i was there from 7-7.30 when the 2 links were there, i was behind the second link. didnt bother to que up for the whole getting it signed as it was about an hour and half wait so i just went round and got it. will post picture later.

Sign in to follow this