NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Who's going to a GAME Mario Galaxy Launch Event?

Eight key stores in the UK and Ireland will be selling Super Mario Galaxy a day early in special launch events.

While Miyamoto's latest epic is on its way to Europe on Friday 16th November, GAME is opening eight of its biggest stores the evening before between 6pm and 9pm to allow customers to purchase it on Thursday 15th instead.

There'll be prizes for those who turn up, and those dressed as Mario or in space gear could win a Wii and a copy of the game. Nintendo are sending photographers to each event, and will be handing out goodie bags. Nintendo are also offering what they're calling a "busker unit" to allow people in the queue a chance to play a demo of the title.

The eight stores are:

London - Oxford Street

Manchester - Trafford

Birmingham - Bullring

Glasgow - Sauchehall Street

Gateshead - Metro Centre

Cardiff - Queen Street

Belfast - Donegail Arcade

Dublin - Dawson Street

From the main site.

I also found out today from a guy in the Glasgow store that if you cosplay you get a free game and that there will be "millions of Nintendo reps about and girls on the door"!

I'm currently planning on going to the Glasgow one. Anyone else coming? ShadowV7 says he might be coming along too.

I'll try and update the list (like I did with Wii launch night) to say who's going to which event.

Were trying to organise a school trip to the Trafford Centre launch!! LOL

From the main site.

I also found out today from a guy in the Glasgow store that if you cosplay you get a free game and that there will be "millions of Nintendo reps about and girls on the door"!

Wait, your guaranteed to get a free game, or you can win one?

I'm going to the Metro Centre one, though I can't hang around to long.

Non of them are near enough to me, pah.

Chances are I'll receive it in the post a day early anyway, wahey.

I should almost definitely be going to the Trafford center one.

I booked the day off work especially. How sad.

EXCITEMENT.

Wait, your guaranteed to get a free game, or you can win one?

I'm going to the Metro Centre one, though I can't hang around to long.

The guy seemed to imply that anyone who dressed as a Nintendo character got one. I'll try and confirm tomorrow if I get a chance to go up.

Well Oxford Street is about 1 and half hours away from me....and i don't like the journey to the center of London at all...

mmmm, not sure.

Might go to the Manchester one. Depends if I remember or not.

Were trying to organise a school trip to the Trafford Centre launch!! LOL

Indeed. I'll be Luigi, you can be Mario. :heh: I hope it goes ahead.

Fuck that, I'll get mine in the post Thursday morning.

I don't have a blond wig to go as Princess Peach anyway.

I might go to the Glasgow one, I might see what my friends are up to.

The guy seemed to imply that anyone who dressed as a Nintendo character got one. I'll try and confirm tomorrow if I get a chance to go up.

Did you go today Moria? What did they say? This is very tempting... but would only consider dressing up if a free game is definatley on the cards. : peace:

the nearest place to me is Glasgow, but i live in the borders and can't be arsed driving up there to get it. I'll just get it in Dumfries on the 16th

I'll be going to the Oxford St. one, probably in a blue 'What happens in the Mushroom Kingdom stays in the Mushroom Kingdom' T-shirt. If you see me say hi!

will be going to the oxford street one on saturday to place an order and ill attend on thursday.

OK, put another one for Oxford Street, I should make it down for that!!! If you guys see someone dressed up as Mario, it's most probably me!!! (I'm also doing it for Children in Need on Saturday at a charity event some mates set up)

Will be going to Metro Centre. Don't know what time I'll get there like. I get home from work at about 5. So I would probably go to the Metro Centre then. Although it means a trip up the nightmare that is the A1, espcially at that time!

Sign in to follow this