NEurope
jayseven

Fireworks

pwning-up all the non-hallmark holidays, I be!

Whatcha got planned? So far, nothing :( But there's a fireworks factory down the road, and I've been hearing fireworks go off pretty much all year round here. There's a big show down at Don Valley stadium here in sheffield for £7, but unsure how to get back after the show closes at 10. My internet searches have so far been pretty poor at locating any other places...

YOU?

Big old bonfire, some beers and singing round the campfire I feel. Hopefully it wont get as out of control as last year when we 'accidently' burnt down the fence and blew up a TV, a bin and a shed.

You know, the Chinese let off Fireworks for any occasion: marriages, births, deaths, moving into a new house, a new business opening...

...but for some reason they don't give too much thought to the attempted murder of a British Monarch over 400 years ago. Bit of an ass, really.

I think me and my housemates will be celebrating the potential destruction of parliment, rather than the saving of parliment. It's something I think will appeal to them being anarchists.

Actually, I consider them two of the finest traditions of old Britain ;)

The Chinese don't do Hallowe'en or Christmas either. So that's why I'm returning to merry ol' England for the December season :) Bonfire night I'm not too fussed about missing, but it was a good excuse to stuff yourself silly with hot sausages, burgers and beer at a local school or some unsuspecting private "do".

It's usually a good excuse to have a fire and burn things, As little yellow said. Shame we've got no sort of garden to do that in this year :/ I fear the local chavs would feel offended if we were the ones starting fires in the local park, too..

I love fireworks, So pretty. I hate people letting them off when im trying to get to sleep though. Good chance for me to take loads of pictures tonight :D

I wonder if you set enough fireworks off if your could see them from space and how they would look... im sure it would be awesome!

________

Pregnant latina

Edited by fex

We're planning a surprise fireworks party for my house mate as its her 21st, so drunken idiots with fireworks and a bbq. It'll be a good night.

I don't care for bonfire night (oh Halloween, for that matter) but my housemates have organised a party with a small bonfire in out tiny garden.

I went home this weekend and went to the Fireworks display in the village next door and met up with some friends who are still in school. Got a bit drunk and hung around on the streets afterwards. Pretty good night on the whole, met some cool new people.

We have annual fireworks down my local park which I usually watch from my house. A synopsis of most fireworks displays:

First five/ten minutes - The good fireworks that go weeeeeezzzzz.... BANG! that light up the sky with different colours and makes everyone go ooooh.

The middle period - Crackly fireworks, which have nice effects, and the ones that make funny sounds. Then there's those boring fireworks that don't explode or make a sound but just sort of fade away.

It's too bad they don't have any of those dragon fireworks from Lotr. That would be cool.

The end five minutes - The crowd has got bored of the last ten batch of fireworks. There usually is those fireworks that explode many times, which are awesome, along with the other explosive fireworks. They then finish with one colossus of a firework with lights up the entire sky.

I Got no fireworks :(

Rang my dead just now to tell him something, mentioned i had no fireworks today, (cause he asked) so with any lucky he might save his for tommorow.

just got a call from a mate to go watch some fireworks! stupidly said i'd chip in a tenner for them, which wil probably mean he will buy the usual amount of fireworks and chargge me for them...

There's loads of fireworks being launched from peoples back yards around here tonight. They've been going off almost constantly for the last couple of hours. Popped down to the shops, it was like walking through south central Baghdad.

I haven't got anything going on! (although my school is having some) :)

Some Neighbours are having them and they are extremely loud.

I was in the bathroom at the time when one went off and i literally thought a bomb had just been launched through the back of my bathroom! :D

I have bought Fireworks but I'm saving them for christmas. :grin:

All the firework type events were cancelled today because of the awful weather :(

I have my own show in my room.

All the neighbours want to set them off, and I'm at the back of my house looking at all of the houses below.

Some good ones.

Went out to see a firework show in the middle of Liverpool. Only managed to catch the last two minutes of it :blank:

Then I went out and got hammered.

well that was fairly fun :) went to a mates and ended up getting him to come back to ours; set of a bunch in the park over the road, and saw lots of awesome ones across teh street, and got told by a proud local that he had sold them the fireworks.

Good fun! look forward to actually making a bonfire next year, as they're the best part of it all.