NEurope
theguyfromspark

Ice Cream: The Good, The Bad, and the Melty

Inspired by me eating a new flavour of ice cream yesterday, what have been your frozen dessert related stories and likes/dislikes?

As I mentioned yesterday I picked up a new (I think) flavour of Ben & Jerry's Icecream called "Bohemian Raspberry" which I wasn't sure I would like but I bought it anyway.

Fortunately it was really really nice! It's pretty much raspberry ripple ice cream with fudge bit scatterred in it, yummy!

Italian ice cream is pretty much the closest thing man will ever get to a culinery based orgasm. I can still taste the lemony goodness from 4 months ago. These Chincs have no idea what they're doing with it. Damn I could go for some Hagen-Dais.

Chocolate Eclairs, Chocolate Scooter Crunches, call them what you will, theyre a delicious, overpriced piece of heaven

Ha... Ice cream.

Any of the CE'ers can tell you quite a funny story about ice cream and an old member...

Why does it have to be so darn fattening (high satured fats) and high in sugar!!! :shakehead Darn manufacturers...

Nice treat though, especially plain vanilla soft serve for me, love it. I'm the sorta guy that can have a truck load of food for weeks on end and will not put on a single kilo, its quite frustrating actually...

Also funny enough i am a big fan of ice cream from "ice cream trucks", probably just the novelty factor I guess...

Love Ice Cream, used to have Ice Cream races with mates, first one to finish a 2 litre tub wins. Favourite flavour has to be good old mint choc chip, you can't beat the classics.

There's a type of Ice Cream I've only seen in the lake district that's awesomely delicious. Twas called Thunder & Lightning.

Sounds like cider ^

Cornish vanilla ice cream is always delicious. Crumble a few digestives in it and add a banana- quality.

Being a geology minded person, it's all about the Fossil Fuel by Ben and Jerry's. It's like a taste based archeological excavation sensation. I think they should throw in a few other chocolate shapes other than just dinosaurs though. Maybe a few trilobites or ammonites. Oooh and sort the ice cream into various stratas, with Cambrian/Ordovician ice cream at the bottom containing trilobite chocolate shapes, then a layer of Carboniferous ice cream with some fish and fern shapes, then a Jurassic/Cretaceous layer with dinosaurs and finally a Tertiary/Quaternary layer with people and mammoths.

Nothing beats Phish Food Ben and Jerrys ice cream, chocolate "fish" with white and dark chocolate ice cream and toffee sauce

Nothing beats Phish Food Ben and Jerrys ice cream, chocolate "fish" with white and dark chocolate ice cream and toffee sauce

(And Marshmallow-ee-sauce)

Half Baked is the best Ben and Jerrys. But I agree with an earlier poster - Italian ice cream leads the way bitches!!

I'm not too familiar with all these different tastes you guys are mentioning. And when it comes to Ben and Jerry's I think I've only had about three different tastes (one being plain vanilla even). I do like the cookie dough one though.

And tiramisu ice cream might be my favourite. I love tiramisu in itself, but mix it in with ice cream and you have a winning combination. =D

I wish they made marzipan Ice cream. I would like it. If they do make it, would someone kindly direct me towards it?

I wish they made marzipan Ice cream. I would like it. If they do make it, would someone kindly direct me towards it?

Recipe here

Sounds like a good idea...

*googles*

Here we go... I might try this when I get home. Amaretto ice cream could be nice too.

yaaaaay!

I will make some, and say how it goes.

(note:this may not happen for months)

My favourites:

Vanilla Haagen Dazs

Vanilla Cart d'Or

Anything from italy! (Kinder bueno ice cream ftw!)

Good old Cornish vanilla ice cream!

And last but not least...

HOT FUDGE BROWNIE SUNDAE FROM HARD ROCK CAFE! :yay:

Vanilla ice cream wins, scooped never whipped like most of the stuff out of ice cream vans. That stuff is horrible. Ben & Jerrys is nice but overpriced, good to have once in a while. :)