NEurope
Dyson

FreeRice.com

Not a freebie for you I'm afraid, but this time a unique idea for donating rice to charity. The best part? You learn a little from doing it.

http://www.freerice.com

Answer the questions right and donate 10 grains of rice each time you do so. And damn, it gets hard.

I donated 1170 grains of rice and got to Vocab Level 36. Have fun!

That's actually a really good site, it's good that it'll make a difference if enough people do it too.

I'm on vocabulary level 38 and I'm on 1100 grains of rice.

Let's see, 5000 grains of rice donated by us so far is how many packs? Not a clue, but it's a great initiative, and it helps to know that I've fed some people in Africa...or something :P

I wish they'd do this kind of thing at my local take-away. They wouldn't lose out on much either, everyones thick round here.

their must be like 3000 grains of rice in a pack? Their a bit stingy with it aint they

*i donated 770 so far :)*

270 so far but I might as well do it while I'm working! Got to vocab level 40...Some pretty random words there!!

I donated 1010, and a friend I sent a link to did 500.

We'll probably both go back to it, we both found it addictive. :heh:

More than 6000. I barely know any of the words though. And for some words I've never even heard of the explanations they give... >.>;

I purposely got them all wrong just so I don't feed anyone. (Ok, maybe I did get to 900, but shush, I'm supposed to be inhuman).

Can't 'they' just give them rice anyway?

If FreeRice has the rice to give, why not give it all away right now?

FreeRice is not sitting on a pile of rice―you are earning it 10 grains at a time. Here is how it works. When you play the game, advertisements appear on the bottom of your screen. The money generated by these advertisements is then used to buy the rice. So by playing, you generate the money that pays for the rice donated to hungry people.

And.......

FreeRice has two goals:

Provide English vocabulary to everyone for free.

Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.

This is made possible by the sponsors who advertise on this site.

Got to 2660.

Doing it while dying in between Halo.

I die a lot...