NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Have Sony/MS forgot about 'new' gamers?

You must live in the twilight zone.

Not really.

13 million Wiis sold, 13 Million 360s sold, 5 Million PS3s sold and countless millions of PC Gamers. If the Wii is putting itself in a different area of the market from the other 3 then which area is the biggest?

The Wii might turn the casual market in to the majority before the end of it's life cycle, it might not. Nobody knows how big a market the console appeals to, but it certainly isn't the majority yet.

Publishers know this, hence why the majority of games are 360 games or cross platform 360/PS3/PC games. If the Wii does become the majority then this may well change

That's a creative way to view the numbers :heh: The Wii is selling at a rate of 1.18 million consoles per month (that's actually held back because it's the maximum Nintendo can make) whereas the 360 is selling at a rate of 0.56 million consoles per month and the PS3 at 0.42 million consoles per month (granted they've had a later introduction in Europe so that number should be a little higher). In other words, Nintendo is outselling the 360 and PS3 combined. Clearly it is more popular than the other two, clearly the market demand is extremely high, and clearly that is an incredibly strong indication for a far bigger market. Clearly they are doing it right.

These aren't official numbers but I'm basing myself on your numbers

That's a creative way to view the numbers :heh: The Wii is selling at a rate of 1.18 million consoles per month (that's actually held back because it's the maximum Nintendo can make) whereas the 360 is selling at a rate of 0.56 million consoles per month and the PS3 at 0.42 million consoles per month (granted they've had a later introduction in Europe so that number should be a little higher). In other words, Nintendo is outselling the 360 and PS3 combined. Clearly it is more popular than the other two, clearly the market demand is extremely high, and clearly that is an incredibly strong indication for a far bigger market. Clearly they are doing it right.

These aren't official numbers but I'm basing myself on your numbers

Agreed, there is more demand for the Wii than the 360 and the PS3 combined. How anyone can say different defies the logic, the Wii has sold at over twice the rate of the 360 selling more in the less than a year than the 360 has sold in two, and getting on for three times what the PS3 has sold in the same time period. Says it all. The Wii and the DS have become the majority platforms.

Sign in to follow this