NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kirkatronics

Favorite cartoon

- The animals of Farthing Wood

I loved the animals of farthing wood! Amazing programme!

Also, I think Popeye deserves a mention.

Whoa, I forgot some big ones!

- Alfred Jodocus Kwak

- Babar

- Calimero

- the Smurfs (and Johan and Peewit with it)

- Ovide

- the Snorks

- the Wuzzles

- Lucky Luke

And tons more... god I miss being a kid. =(

As a child, Batman : The Animated Series

Now, Batman :The Animated series.

- Rescue Rangers

- Darkwing Duck

- Ducktales

(and Goof Troop)

How could I forget the disney cartoons of my childhood? :weep: I remember when they aired around here, they subbed them instead of dubbing them. These cartoons really helped me learn how to read (and understand some english).

Ah, Noah's Island. Nice cartoon, too, although not the best. Sasha rocked.

As a child, Batman : The Animated Series

Now, Batman :The Animated series.

Only the original one though. The spinoffs came and fucked it up. The animated series was pure awesomeness though.

Only the original one though. The spinoffs came and fucked it up. The animated series was pure awesomeness though.

True. It had awesome musics.

(and Goof Troop)

How could I forget the disney cartoons of my childhood? :weep: I remember when they aired around here, they subbed them instead of dubbing them. These cartoons really helped me learn how to read (and understand some english).

Ah, Noah's Island. Nice cartoon, too, although not the best. Sasha rocked.

Ah yes Goof Troop, I remember watching that. Though for some reason it feels "newer" than the other ones? I was never a big fan of it really (though we do have the first movie).

And Disney cartoons were usually dubbed here, apart from sometimes the short Mickey and Donald ones.

I think I also watched Noah's Island but don't remember much of it, so probably wasn't something I liked. =P

And I liked the Mario and Sonic cartoons... >.>;

I feel DC has produced the standard in comic cartoons. JL and JLU was excellent, and I enjoyed Batman TNAS and Beyond. Never been a Superman fan so I nevr really bothered with his cartoon.

And Disney cartoons were usually dubbed here, apart from sometimes the short Mickey and Donald ones.
The Dutch dubbings were some of the best in dubbing history... Remember "Laten we lekker link gaan doen" from Darkwing Duck, or the DuckTales theme?

Spent the evening watching this stuff with my flatmates, awesome stuff.

The Raccoons (obviously)

Animaniacs

Duckula

Once Upon a Time...Life (great educational series)

Bravestarr

He-Man

Droids

Hanna-Barbara Treasure Hunt

Ulysses 31

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Bucky O'Hare (needs a revival!)

To name but a few.

The Disney toons were good -Ducktales, Bonkers and Marsupilami.

There used to be a carton on channel 4 around 1992/3 era, but I can't remember what it was called. It was about these birds or something. I can't remember but if somebody has any idea on what i'm on about, please feel free to jog my memory.

Does anyone remember Noah's Island with the polar bear and the floating island and the shrew that went "Oisky Poisky!" in a really generic racist Easter European way?

noah_filmog.gif

I loved that!

Man, I loved that show, although I always had trouble with the fact they were on a floating island with a volcano. Surely a floating island wouldn't be connected to the sea floor and so it would be impossible to have mantle upwelling creating volcanic activity. I guess I was just a very pedantic child.

Other shows of love as a child:

-Captain Planet (he's a hero)

-Sharky and George (the crimebusters of the sea)

-Dangermouse

-Superted

-Bucky O'Hare

-Hey Arnold

-Inspector Gadget

-The Animals of Farthing Wood

The Dutch dubbings were some of the best in dubbing history... Remember "Laten we lekker link gaan doen" from Darkwing Duck, or the DuckTales theme?

Spent the evening watching this stuff with my flatmates, awesome stuff.

Hahaha yeah, I know some of those themes by heart still. Especially the Ducktales one, we always sang along with that one (still know the Rescue Rangers and Gummibears one aswell). =D

The Raccoons (obviously)

Animaniacs

Duckula

Once Upon a Time...Life (great educational series)

Bravestarr

He-Man

Droids

Hanna-Barbara Treasure Hunt

Ulysses 31

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Bucky O'Hare (needs a revival!)

To name but a few.

The Disney toons were good -Ducktales, Bonkers and Marsupilami.

Is the one I put in bold the one where they teach you about the human body? And it has this old guy with a really long white beard? =O

If so, we watched that a million times; even had tapes of it and books that came with body parts, so in the end you got a model of the human body. X3

And I forgot another cartoon: TinTin!

Right enough, Eenuh. It was a brilliant educational series that should have been compulsory viewing in all primary schools, and heck even secondary schools as it was so very infomative in such a fun way. I used to love the antibodies.

Man, I loved that show, although I always had trouble with the fact they were on a floating island with a volcano. Surely a floating island wouldn't be connected to the sea floor and so it would be impossible to have mantle upwelling creating volcanic activity. I guess I was just a very pedantic child.

Now I feel stupid...:heh:

Other shows of love as a child:

-Captain Planet (he's a hero)

-Sharky and George (the crimebusters of the sea)

-Dangermouse

-Superted

-Bucky O'Hare

-Hey Arnold

-Inspector Gadget

-The Animals of Farthing Wood

Yes, those shows are made of win!!

Still, I'll say it again, nothing beat The Moomins!

ah man, awesome lists :)

There's one I LOVED and I have no idea what it's called. Like, pirates with this monkey/parrot thing, and they were trying to stop some sort of black thing in the sea from doing something or other. ACE!

Awesome cartoons with no voice work

Tom and Jerry

Pink Panther

Awesomely cheesy cartoons with poor voice work and lipsynchingThundercats

Transformers

Voltron

Tranzor Z

Wow, this thread has made remember cartoons I watched for a short period of time, yet were memorable in some way or another:

-Dangermouse;

-Marsupilami (How could I forget it? I posted it in the name that Game thread);

-Count Duckula;

-Tintin;

-Pink Panther.

Didn't watch them for long, but were memorable in their own way.

Also, I just remembered:

-Pokémon. The first batch of episodes was cool, but it got consistantly worse. The games was where the hype was.

-Digimon. The first series was good. Not too cheesy and not too complicated.

-Doraemon and Ninja Hattori. Very similar, but enjoyable.

@Eenuh: We have memorable dubbing as well. It just wasn't the disney cartoons.

The first disney cartoons were subbed around here, or were dubbed in Brazillian Portuguese (mostly the films).

After Lion King, the cartoons started being dubbed in Euro Portuguese. It wasn't bad, but the movies definately had the best stuff (Lion King, Pocahontas and Hunchback of Notre Dame were excellent).

The other shows were the ones with memorable PT dubbing. Samurai X had the best one. The musics from Dragon Ball GT, Dartacão, and others are pretty much epic.

And then there's the DBZ dub...memorable for the wrong reasons. It had great voices, but they kinda wrote their own script. With hilarious results.

Anyone remember that four musketeers cartoon on the BBC?

Edit: How the f*ck could I forget Alvin and the Chipmunks??!?

2574.jpg

They rocked!! Especially when they did parodies of Indian Jones and stuff!!

ah man, awesome lists :)

There's one I LOVED and I have no idea what it's called. Like, pirates with this monkey/parrot thing, and they were trying to stop some sort of black thing in the sea from doing something or other. ACE!

I think I remember that, it was possibly called Sinbad: something or other (possibly to do with seas).

Anyway, I'd like to chalk one up for Tintin as well. I watched it as a kid, but I think more associate it with last year when one of my housemates bought the Tintin boxset on DVD. You notice all the subtle plot twists all the more when you're grown up. (:o You mean it was Rastapopoulos all along!)

Babar. :) Yey.

All that program did was warp my thoughts into thinking all French people thought Elephants were all aristocrats...

Honestly, the concept is insane. INSANE.

i used to LOVE pepper ann and doug! i still remember the theme tunes...

saying that i'm weird with theme tunes and songs - hear them once and remember them... craaazy...

right now though my favourite kid's cartoon is TOTALLY charlie and lola. makes me happy ^_^ i have that theme tune as my ringtone... which is why if you ever call me on my mobile i'll sound really happy picking up ^_^

Sign in to follow this