NEurope
Slaggis

Car crash

Sorry for making a thread and all, but I thought it deserved it's own. I've just been told that my best friend from where I used to live (up untill 11) was killed in a car crash a few days ago. (he was the same age as me, 16) He was in the car with his dad a few nights ago and a drunk idiot was speeding the other way and smashed into them. His dad's doing well in hospital but the guy that caused it is basically touch and go as to whether he'll survive.

I've never lost a close friend before, and I'm still in shock tbh. I'd only just 3 weeks ago managed to get his msn address and start catching up on things which has made it that much worse.:(

I really hope that man survives and has to live with the guilt of wat he's done, though like tellyn said to me a few minutes ago he'll probably only get a few years in prison which is so unfair after what he's done.:(

Again, sorry for the thread, I just felt like I needed to talk to people about it.

dude, this is certainly no reason to apologise. It's good for you to talk with people about it, perhaps a school counsellor can help.

Drunk drivers are muppets. I have friends who slow their drinking down at night because they're worried they'll be a little tipsy in the morning - but to me it's the wrecklessness of putting the foot down in a vehicle, whatever state of mind.

Take it easy dude.

Very sorry to hear this Haggis. You know everyone on this forum will be feeling for you and your grief right now.

Also, I'm once again impressed at how people feel they can share this things. It's part of what makes this place a great place to be.

I'm sorry to hear that Haggis. :(

I can't imagine what I'd do if something like that happened, I hope you're alright. Jayseven is right, don't apologize, spill your thoughts. The more you talk about some things the better.

Drunk drivers are muppets.

Thats the understatement of the century.

I know what your going through man, a good friend of mine died about 4 years ago through a car crash, it wasnt through drunk driving but he was the passenger in a car where the driver was driving recklessly, its never easy in these kind of situations but you'll get through it in time.

Sorry to hear about that mate. My best wishes go out to you and ur friends family.

You would of thought by now people wouldn't be stupid enough to get in a car after drinking alcahol.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Haggis. If you need to talk about it, you know there's always people on here willing to listen. *hug*

I truly feel for you and your pain. (Well, that's a first for me here on N-E, ainnit?)

But yeah, hang in there.

...sorry to hear that. And like other people have said, there's no problem at all with making this kind of thread.

I know how you feel mate, friend of mine died in a car crash a few months ago. Really sorry to hear it.

Sorry to hear that Haggis.

*big hugs*

Hope that the Dad recovers quickly and that the family can return to an as normal life as possible soon.

Really sorry to hear that.

Why do these people drink too much and drive too fast? As if one of the two wasn't already bad enough.

Real tragic, I hope his family and friends - of course you as well - will get over it.

Poor Haggis *pats on head in a rather sexual manner*

Always here (well on msn) if ya need someone to talk to. I feel for you mean :(

I hope you feel better soon. Deaths are never easy. We're all here for you if you want to talk.

Sorry to here that buddy, couldn't imagine what you're going through. Still i'm here to talk to, my msn is around here somewhere, so anytime.

*hug*

sorry to hear it mate cant be easy for you

like you said do hope that the dad and the drunk guy survive.. Must be a very hard thing to live with if the drunk guy lives