NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jammy2211

Spore Hero

http://www.consolegaming.eu/newspost.php?id=401

Seem's like it's heading to the Wii. I do think it'll struggle to compare to the PC version, but hey if it looks good it's probably a safer option then trying to run it on my current PC :/.

Great news for the Wii though, especially as it sounds like 360 and PS3 won't be getting it.

That is awesome news. The game has one of the best ideas in years and I have no doubt Will Wright will make this a classic.

While this looks like one of the most amazing games to have ever existed, I cannot help but feel that it's own ambition would destroy it. It seems to me that to program this to be as truly organic as the game wants to be (i.e., be able to design/develop your race as you truly want to, with no limitations other than survival) would be such a huge task to program as to be ultimately impossible.

Seriously, the are supercomputers working on tasks less complex than developing this game.

Due to the lack of info this thread has been dead and buried, but here's a few snippets from Gonintendo.

NC: A Wii version has already been announced. What can you say about what that’s going to play like in terms of structure, control, etc.?

WW: I can’t say much about it except the fact that the overriding kind of factor in my mind and Lucy [bradshaw]’s, in terms of looking at what direction that team goes with it, has been to make really good use of the controller. What interests me about the Wii is that in some sense you have a much higher bandwith controller than you have with any other console or even a PC. How do we abstract the maximum Because one of the biggest advantages we have is our procedural animation system, which means that we can have an infinite of variety of animations that we can make the creature do because it’s done procedurally. So that’s a natural kind of strength of having a higher bandwith input device–it should really feel like I’m puppeteering this creature very directly, as opposed to I’m just indirectly controlling with a few buttons here and there. The rest of the design is totally going to evolve around that.

A lot of the prototyping they’ve been doing is, “How do we make you feel like you have the most control over this creature, even in a very subtle ways, by moving this controller around?” and then make the gameplay serve that, because I think if I had nothing else, but a really fun creature to drive around the environments, and I felt like I was really controlling in a very expressive way I would have a blast with just that alone. So that’s a really good starting point.

And here's a 29 second teaser on GT- albeit for the PC version, but hey. It says that its out Sept 7th so we can always hope for a Wii version around the same time.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30499.html

Didn't know this was gonna be on Wii, saves me having to get upset from my PC being too old. :D

Is that Wii footage? It's just that it actually looks better than the PC version.

Plus it looks like they've actually added some gameplay and character to the game...

You know what I don't hate? I don't hate this.

What about vests?

Is that Wii footage? It's just that it actually looks better than the PC version.

Yeah as far as I know its the Wii version- defo not the DS Spore Hero. :indeed:

Edit: Just noticed the footage is up on GoNintendo too... so...

Edited by darksnowman

Is the best compliment we can award really 'i don't hate it'?

I don't hate vests.

I do. I hate vests. And i despise string vests.

Is the best compliment we can award really 'i don't hate it'?

I'll go one better, I neither hate nor love but am indifferent towards it. :heh:

IGN give Spore Hero on Wii a passable 6.1.

Closing Comments

Even with the problems I’ve had in my time with Spore Hero I didn’t hate the game. The adventure offered enough encouragement to plow through thanks to the fun loving creatures you encounter along the way, and the sense of customizing to turn the main character into nearly anything you want. There’s not enough outside of the adventure to keep your interest, but even with the quirks (and yes, they could get irritating) it was a fun dozen hours.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/103/1033672p1.html

Sign in to follow this