NEurope
Coolness Bears

how long have you played a game for in one sitting?

Twilight Princess, Super Mario 64 and Metroid Prime

are the ones I remember enjoying for more than 10 hours straight. Not many games have this effect on me.

I don't like playing games for particularly long periods of time, but I think the longest i've ever played a game in one sitting was when I played about 5 hours for a Nintendo run competition with Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, to which I am awaiting a follow up on Wii...

First time I played Metal Gear Solid I had an 18 hour session at it!

I'm not even sure why it took me that long to finish it, I got really stuck.

Ah I miss my gap year.

Twilight Princess... booked a whole week off work for the release of the Wii... I played it through non-stop for at least 26hrs, I remember not wanting to come off it at all!

So I got a few hours sleep... maybe 4 or 5... then played it through until completion... 47hrs game time completed. Then I carried on playing to find heart containers and poes... only got 3 more heart pieces and 2 poes to find until I've got it all!

hmmm... years ago Duke Nukem where me and some mates played a network game against each other.. about 8 - 9 hours straight with lots of beer..phew

Alone I think it was UFO enemy unknown.. i played the whole night easily 9 - 10 hours straight..

these days I play for max around 2 - 3 hours in one sitting

Unreal Tournament 2004.

Year: 2004

Reason: At a LAN party in a stale mate on Face 2, 12 players a side.

Hours: 12

I shit you not.

16hr session on Monkey Island 2: Le Chucks Revenge.

God Damn that special Green Grog concoction and having to wait for the wind flag to blow the correct way to win the spitting contest.

Ahh the days of completing games before internet walkthroughs.

Frustrating yet rewarding times!

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

First day of release 12:00am till around 6:00pm, then I put my head on a pillow and was out for quite awhile xD

Completed Eternal darkness in one sitting. Thats about 14hr isn't it?

I miss those times. Now I'm lucky if I have time to play 2hr :/

My game was Fifa 2000 on the PC. It was on New Years Eve, and I started at about midday and didn't finish until about quarter to midnight.

It was seriously addictive. I do love my footie games, me. :)

You're fucking crazy Dom... :p

Well I got to like 4am and I remember been close to the end of Disc3, so I thought fuck it I'm finishing Disc 3, then someone told me 4 was like a really long ending, so I did that too! :D

Tales of Symphonia. I remember one time playing it for 20 hours.

And more recently Metroid Prime, 6 hours straight a few days ago.

Yeah, same here.

I really couldn't tell you what i've played for the longest tiem in 1 sitting though.

I remember playing around 6 hours of Doom multiplayer at Uni, and walking to the busstop afterward i kept seeing those invisible pig baddies running after all the cars & biting at them.

When I mean one sitting I mean litteraly one sitting, not even pausing, eating or going to the bathrom.

My first session with Fable lasted 8 hours, and I remember playing Eternal Darkness for some 12 hours or so, from about 10 at night right through until 10 in the morning. :indeed:

Man, i can't wait for the next game i can play for so long in one sitting. It's so awesome.

Most recently was HL2/The Episodes. 3/4 hours non-stop. Not really that much compared to other times.

5-6 hours of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Christmas afternoon. Was magical.

Also, about 8 hours of GH3 the other day according to my Wii message board (may have been left on or someone else may have played though).

WoW... no break, eating, toilet (or eating a toilet) for about 8hrs I think. That included the night we actually broke into the alliance nooby area and charged one of the alliance cities. We were level 35ish and felt sooooo big.

I've had some days where I've played all day on WoW, sometimes maybe 12-13 hours, sure you need a piss, but that's what bottles are for.. food? I keep a mini fridge with beer and a pile of crisps next to my computer

I think for me I played either smash bros, MGS2, FIFA, or pokemon for far too long without stopping

Lost Odyssey, 11 hours, non-stop. I lost my colour vision for a while but it was worth it.

I did a straight 13 hour stint on Ocarina of Time once before and a 9 hour stint straight on Majoras Mask as well. Other long stints include Smackdown vs RAW 2007 (8 hours), Soul Calibur II (6 hours) and Tetris (5 hours)