NEurope
blumeanie.

STAR WARS, EH?

But then in episode 3 they wipe the memory of the droids so they cant remember everything tha has happened. Problem solved.

Actually they only say C3P0's mind gets erased, not R2D2. I'm guessing why this is how he knows about Obi-Wan, and his whereabouts, in Episode IV.

Chewbacca never died....not in the films anyway!!

chewie does die in the novels :p

such a sad moment :sad:

chewie does die in the novels :p

such a sad moment :sad:

He did go in a hardcore fashion.

He saved Anakin Solo, and then got crushed by a moon.

You don't see that happening to He-man.

Actually they only say C3P0's mind gets erased, not R2D2. I'm guessing why this is how he knows about Obi-Wan, and his whereabouts, in Episode IV.
I think he knows that because of the data Leia gave to him; I think his memory was also erased!

Nope only C-3PO has his memory erased, seeing how R2-D2 can't communicate with Humans they chose not to. This also explains why R2-D2 knows a lot in the film and C-3PO calls him silly little droid, when really R2-D2 is correct.

Nope only C-3PO has his memory erased, seeing how R2-D2 can't communicate with Humans they chose not to. This also explains why R2-D2 knows a lot in the film and C-3PO calls him silly little droid, when really R2-D2 is correct.
Are you sure? I think what he knows is just down to Leia's information!

What does he know other than Obi Wans location and Leia etc... He doesn't mention anything about Yoda for example, when Luke mentions him.

The information Leia gives him is basically to find Obi-Wan and to show him the hologram. R2-D2 is the one who states that Obi-Wan once owned both the droids, which Obi-Wan replies "I don't remember owning any droids" or something like that.

If I remember correctly in Revenge of the Sith, Captain Antilles is told to clean up the droids and whipe the memory of the protocol droid, which would be C-3PO, and not R2-D2.

The information Leia gives him is basically to find Obi-Wan and to show him the hologram. R2-D2 is the one who states that Obi-Wan once owned both the droids, which Obi-Wan replies "I don't remember owning any droids" or something like that.

If I remember correctly in Revenge of the Sith, Captain Antilles is told to clean up the droids and whipe the memory of the protocol droid, which would be C-3PO, and not R2-D2.

OK, guess i need to watch Episode 3 again!

R2 really belonged to Anakin though more than Obi Wan though, and it always puzzled me why Obi Wan says he doesn't remember owning a droid; even though R2 was Anakins, has he just forgotten R2 and C3PO?

obi wan never owned R2-D2, he was part of the royal engineer astro droids for the queen of naboo's starship. so technically he is still owned by the queen of naboo.

of course R2 started hanging out with the queen at the time (padme) & anakin who of course we then see seems to use R2 as his droid until the end of epIII.

R2-D2 was never Obi Wans. He had R4 as his droid throughout epII who then got destroyed by a buzz droid in EpIII.

anakin who of course we then see seems to use R2 as his droid until the end of epIII.

R2-D2 was never Obi Wans. He had R4 as his droid throughout epII who then got destroyed by a buzz droid in EpIII.

Exactly! So why does R2 say he once belonged to Obi Wan?

This is why I thought R2's knowledge in Episodes 4,5,6 is just based on what Leia's told him!

Exactly! So why does R2 say he once belonged to Obi Wan?

This is why I thought R2's knowledge in Episodes 4,5,6 is just based on what Leia's told him!

na R2 knows. He didnt get his memory wiped. It's probably one of the things lucas has overlooked or thought to be not that important and something that people can just forget about it.

or of course it could be R2 being very clever by saying he is already owned so he finds his way to obi wan. or something.

na R2 knows. He didnt get his memory wiped. It's probably one of the things lucas has overlooked or thought to be not that important and something that people can just forget about it.

or of course it could be R2 being very clever by saying he is already owned so he finds his way to obi wan. or something.

R2 is greta, but what I don't get is in episodes 4,5,6 he can't fly but in then in the prequels George goes and gives him rocket boosters? Whats the deal with that.

That's what I reckon,
R2 is greta, but what I don't get is in episodes 4,5,6 he can't fly but in then in the prequels George goes and gives him rocket boosters? Whats the deal with that.
Yeah, I think the reasoning would just be that over almost 20 years as a service droid between Episodes III and IV, they have simply broken. Or maybe he had them removed because after Episode III he would just be doing more basic duties aboard starships.

The real reason is probably because George Lucas couldn't supply the special effects in the original trilogy and he has stated many times that many things would be different had he had todays technology in the 70's.

But ignoring that, I can't think of many times R2-D2 would use the boosters in the film, all the time he's travelling there is no need to hover. His boosters are more than likely just another tool which would've helped his job as an astromech droid.

exactly what ramar said, there is not a scene R2 relaly needs to use his boosers in ep IV,V,VI... so thats why you dont see them.

but of course the real reason is the special effects to be able to the that wasnt around back in 1977.

exactly what ramar said, there is not a scene R2 relaly needs to use his boosers in ep IV,V,VI... so thats why you dont see them.

but of course the real reason is the special effects to be able to the that wasnt around back in 1977.

Well if i remeber correctly thre is a scene in The Empire Strikes back where there on board a Star Destroyer, i think they were rescuing princess lae, and they neeeded to get this electronic bridge to come across but the controls on their side had been destroyed, couldent R2 have used his boosters then. And what about in the swamp where R2 needs to get from the crahesd x-wing to the shore. He ends up going throguh the swamp but if he had had boosters surely he could have just floated across.

Oh and your point about the special effects. What do you take me for some kind of stupid prescooler of coures i know the tecvhnology wasent around then my point is that when making a prequel you should try and fit it in perfectly with the origional and not go adding stuff like rocket boostres to R2 or giving the Sith double edge lightsabres. and is it just me or do the Naboo star craft seem a lot more advanced than the X-Wings. Also pratically every Droid in the prigionals was dam slow and imobile and then in the Prequels they go and make a whole army of super mobile and dam clever War droids as well as those Destoryer droids which are better than most storm troopers.

My main point is that he should have tried to makr the prequels seem less Tecnological. He could have kept the special effects and if you need an example of how to achive this yopu need look no further than the Star trek 'Spin-off' Enterprise.

Well if i remeber correctly thre is a scene in The Empire Strikes back where there on board a Star Destroyer, i think they were rescuing princess lae, and they neeeded to get this electronic bridge to come across but the controls on their side had been destroyed, couldent R2 have used his boosters then. And what about in the swamp where R2 needs to get from the crahesd x-wing to the shore. He ends up going throguh the swamp but if he had had boosters surely he could have just floated across.

Oh and your point about the special effects. What do you take me for some kind of stupid prescooler of coures i know the tecvhnology wasent around then my point is that when making a prequel you should try and fit it in perfectly with the origional and not go adding stuff like rocket boostres to R2 or giving the Sith double edge lightsabres. and is it just me or do the Naboo star craft seem a lot more advanced than the X-Wings. Also pratically every Droid in the prigionals was dam slow and imobile and then in the Prequels they go and make a whole army of super mobile and dam clever War droids as well as those Destoryer droids which are better than most storm troopers.

My main point is that he should have tried to makr the prequels seem less Tecnological. He could have kept the special effects and if you need an example of how to achive this yopu need look no further than the Star trek 'Spin-off' Enterprise.

When R2-D2 was on the X-wing he was moving along the sruface and then gets jogged off, also think about it logically if he used boosters he would've ruined the X-wing, especially if he was any near the fuel tank.

Things in the prequel are more advanced because the galaxy has a good economy, soon after Palpatine creates the Empire, the Galaxy goes into a depression. The rebel alliance barely has funds, hence why the X-wing is lacklustre in looks in comparison to the Naboo Starfighter.

When R2-D2 was on the X-wing he was moving along the sruface and then gets jogged off, also think about it logically if he used boosters he would've ruined the X-wing, especially if he was any near the fuel tank.

Things in the prequel are more advanced because the galaxy has a good economy, soon after Palpatine creates the Empire, the Galaxy goes into a depression. The rebel alliance barely has funds, hence why the X-wing is lacklustre in looks in comparison to the Naboo Starfighter.

Good point well said. That makes sense i suppose but despite the depression the empoere apatr from the Detah star hasent exactly got the best starcraft.All hes got is a few skanky Star destroyers and super star destroyers and the Tie-fighters are soft as shit.

that is exactly what i was going to say. a poor man cant buy a porsch. look at the millenium falcon. it was a heap but the best they had.

Good point well said. That makes sense i suppose but despite the depression the empoere apatr from the Detah star hasent exactly got the best starcraft.All hes got is a few skanky Star destroyers and super star destroyers and the Tie-fighters are soft as shit.

Star destroyers aren't skanky, like the name states they can destroy stars. They are helluva powerful, the super star destroyer was pretty powerful, but I believe it wasn't fully built and thats why it got destoyed easily.

Tie-fighters are cheap rubbish, they're expendable, fast, one man ships. The Empire has enough funds to get loads of them made and lose all of them without any worries. Very much like ants, one is no problem to take down, but as soon as you have a couple of hundred it becomes a harder task.

There's gonna be 3D remakes of all 6 films.

I heard that too from an interview with George lucas when the press were asking him what does he plan to do next.

He mentioned:

The cartoon series (I've never been so dissapointed in my life)

TV Series

Think he mentioned about new games, but whats the suprise there?

And mentioned 3D remakes of the films. But I think its the classic trilogy (Ep 4-6), because why would you want to remake something recent which has already appealed to the current audience, when you could make the old 3 more appealing than it currently is at the moment.

Star destroyers aren't skanky, like the name states they can destroy stars. They are helluva powerful, the super star destroyer was pretty powerful, but I believe it wasn't fully built and thats why it got destoyed easily.

Okay, okay, star destroyers arent skanky but THEY CANNOT DESTROY STARS. So don't go "like the name states" because it simply is not true. The only thing that can destroy plannets (and not fully sized stars) is the Death Star, like when it destroys Tatooine. And what do you mean the super star destroyer got destroyed easiliy??? do you mean the Death Star?, as Super star destroyers were fully built and there were several among the craft that were stopping the rebel fleet from escaping from the Death Star.