NEurope
blumeanie.

STAR WARS, EH?

I have been stretching myself over too many forums lately and it seems that

many people on them are Star Wars fans . I cant go anywhere online without

finding a bunch of Star Wars nuts.

My gripe is that i have seen all of the Star Wars movies except the latest

one but cant find anything great to say about any of them .I find it strange

that they have such a huge fan base for such a crap bunch of movies.

Maybe im missing something that everyone else gets?.

What is it that makes Star Wars so special to a lot of fans?.

Why isnt 2001 a better movie?.

Please admit that its shit , Please ?. :)

Well there is alot of Star Wars fans on the net beacuse people on the net are nerds and nerds like me love Star Wars.

What is it that makes Star Wars so special to a lot of fans?

Well there is nothing special about the new ones there are merely average.

So what the old ones so special? I have no idea they just are.

I hope you don't get flamed too bad.

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan either, but I can see why some people are such devout fans.

yeah i don't understand it either, i only watch it only because it is a tiny bit better then average.

I quite enjoyed Episode III, but fell asleep halfway through Episode IV, which is the only other one I've tried watching. I don't really see why it's so popular..

I'm not a fan, but I did really enjoy Episode IV, V and VI. Loved them when I saw them as a kid and I saw them all again this summer and I still liked them. Episode I and II were really not that good (dare I say that they were bad?), yet III was good and kept me quite entertained.

Who knows maybe its the whole concept of the force, or maybe the cool sound lightsabers make, but theres no denying that the Star Wars universe is really complex and detailed giving it a lot of depth.

I think its shit, theres a thing called bandwagons and it just keeps on rolling picking people up on the way.

I think its shit, theres a thing called bandwagons and it just keeps on rolling picking people up on the way.

Or they could, like me, genuinely like the films? I love them all, but saying that i'm easily entertained and don't care too much about acting skills and what not. I for one will stick up for it even if no-one else does. *expects Platty to flame all the doubters :heh:*

I love Starwars, cause as a kid, I never seen anything quite like it. And I always loved space ships and all that stuff.

In fact, I got alot of inspiration from Starwars. And I understand that some people may find it crap, I guess its something you have to grow up with..like Nintendo...

But then I dont get why people like all the modern TV shows...so its just a matter of taste then isnt it n_n.

But yeah if yer a spoiled brat who's never seen anything other than the high tech movie stuff we have today...dont go see the old starwars movies n_n;

Lucas just went overboard with the computer animation caring little about plot and character development. I've never liked Star Wars, I've watched an old one for half an hour which included the old man from Platty's avator in the worst choreographed fight scene I've ever seen, but at least they tried to tell a story rather than fill the screen with countless explotions all the frickin' time.

Lucas just went overboard with the computer animation caring little about plot and character development. I've never liked Star Wars, I've watched an old one for half an hour which included the old man from Platty's avator in the worst choreographed fight scene I've ever seen.

That I can agree with. Though I still like visual efects n_n I agree they should have focussed more on acting etc. Though the fighting choreography on the Phantom Menace was ace...the one in A new hope was so bad...

BUT, lets not forget those were the old days, and they didnt have as good technology as we have now. But Lucas was way ahead on most film makers there anyway. Though most of his other stuff flopped, Star wars was recieved very very well.

I love the whole idea of making adouble trilogy and starting with the story on Luke etc etc. n_n Thats pretty clever.

Starwars is like a meal. first it's great but then it goes bad with age till it makes you sick.

saying that, I actually quite like Empire. easily the pinacle of the series as it has the darth vs luke bit which *is* good.

I thought ep 3 was the better of the 3 prequel star wars. I did prefer the original trilogy though, like most of the people i know

I love star wars. i can honestly say that i have enjoyed every single film. it is the classic good vs evil. it has action, comedy, love and death. there are twists in the plot. everything a good film needs. and the special effect in all of them are amazing (if you take into account when the films were made). some people cant get their heads round the concepts. most of the time i put it down to lack of imagination or the fact that i am a dreamer.

Every one is entitled to their oppinion but here is a little fact that the other star wars fans will know but which i think non fans should know. star wars has actually got 9 parts to it. Lucas has said he will never make the last 3. i would just like to see the plots for the last three.

enough said.

I LOVE all the Star Wars films!

I think i watched the Original Trilogy from quite an early age, so to me then (and because it was years ago) i don't think i noticed that it didn't look all that great. It's was just pretty cool, the lightsaber battles, the space fights.

I also like Episodes I & II (where alot of people don't) because i understand that it's a completely different part of the story (when the conflicts were only JUST beginning), so of course they're going to be different to the later trilogy.

Episode III is my favourite of the lot; and it's kinda changed my opinion on Episodes IV,V,VI, because unfortunately now, I want those films to have the same flare, but they don't;

The lightsaber fights (especially Darth/Obi Wan) are pretty lame, the space fights (apart from Eps.VI Death Star destruction) are lacking. Darth Vader is no longer in the least bit intimidating (scary for kids) because you know all about him and who he is, and Luke is a COMPLETE little winger!

Still love them though!

Every one is entitled to their oppinion but here is a little fact that the other star wars fans will know but which i think non fans should know. star wars has actually got 9 parts to it. Lucas has said he will never make the last 3. i would just like to see the plots for the last three.

enough said.

I consider myself a fan...but are you referring to 3 episodes after the 2 trilogies or the ones in between?

Like Shadows of the empire etc etc?

For me, it was the universe that they were set in, i mean who didnt want to have a lightsaber or be a jedi.

For me, it was the universe that they were set in, i mean who didnt want to have a lightsaber or be a jedi.

Me, my brother and someone else are dressing up as star wars characters at work for children in need, so I really will get to be a jedi that day! I may post a few pictures after the event has occured!

Oh yeah and I love everything to do with the Star Wars movies, including Episodes I and II, and for me the pinnacle of the saga is Episode III, closely follwed by IV.

Can't remember who mentioned it but the reason behind many of the lightsaber fights being so lacluster in the first triology is because they were extremely heavy, so had to be held with both hands most of the time and that greatly restricted the moves that were available to them!

I consider myself a fan...but are you referring to 3 episodes after the 2 trilogies or the ones in between?

Like Shadows of the empire etc etc?

Well as far as i understand it star wars was one story but when he turned it into a screen play it was massive so the producers told him to cut into more managable chunks. so it was turned into 9 "episodes" he got funding for the middle three because at the time they were the most viable. he has now gone back and made the first 3. but there are another 3 episode that complete the story.

i believe it is something like this

Episodes 1-3. Jedi are powerfull they then fall so that there are only 2 left and the sith have control

Episodes 4-6 Sith aka the empire have control. 1 person left to bring balance back Luke. Empire falls and all rejoice

Episode 7-9 Luke mentors new Jedi to once again bring the peace keepers back to the galaxy and bring balance.

it depends on how much further in the timeline the story starts. if luke is old. then it is feasable. but lucas has got alot of stick in the press and from the critics. i dont think he will want to splash out all that cash for another round of slander. he would make the money back but the lack of respect has made him think other wise.

I wouldnt want him to make more Starwars movies anyway. To me its done now..finished..and I'm happy with what I saw...Like with Lord of the Rings...its 3 movies, and yer basically just watching em all to see it end...every story has to end someday.

n_n. Plus, there really arnt any Jedi left..only Luke... and there is no evil anymore...so I dunno...theres no need for more starwars movies now n_n