NEurope
sim1987

youtube comments

Doesn't it just make you laugh at the comments people leave? It isn't just youtube it's places like ebaumsworld and almost anywhere where you are allowed to comment.

I mean I posted a comment about a video on youtube part seriously asking part joking, if anybody else thought phil collins in that video looked like frasier crane because he had a receding hairline. I got a lovely response saying "you fail in life".

It just made me laugh because it was so pathetic but the amount of comments you get saying stuff like "go kill yourself" (especially when supposed emos post you get people saying that) it's just like "How pathetic can you get?"

Some of the time it makes me chuckle but other times it makes me wonder if some people actually get affected by people posting those kind of comments.

What do you guys reckon, do people actually get affected or not? obviously some may others may not but what do you think? And how should those kind of comments be dealt with?

I find it funny when American teenagers call you a 'douche bag.' That has got to be the worst insult ever.

Lol well here you go just so we all know where the term douche bag came from, lol it isn't really that insulting reading its meaning. "A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching: a bag for holding the water or fluid used in douching"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche_bag

Just makes me laugh when you get called that, so many of these comments back fire, and just make the commenter look stupid.

That's why freedom is actually restricted everywhere but the Internet; If you've got any brains yourself and have worked in a shop, you'd realise how many morons exist too. :)

Youtube has to be the biggest community on the internet right? No wonder it's full of so many *****. It's open to everyone and there's no moderation.

The chain letters are hilarious. I love the ones that say "Youtube chain letters are ruining the internet. Only utter morons would continue them, if you agree, post this in five more videos" - and people do! rofls.

chain letters are irritating allright but still funny. I don't understand people that actually do this. I mean what are they thinking?

I find it funny when American teenagers call you a 'douche bag.' That has got to be the worst insult ever.

A lot of it is full of anti americanism wierdly enough also as well as quite hard left wing politics eg straight atheism and anti authority views also it houses racism and extreme sexism, sexism is probably the most consistantly bad thing on there. But sometimes the comments can be loltastic.

Hmm, comments you say? I partake in some of this:

I don't check the comments. I watch the video at the top, close window. Shabba.

Er, "shabba." Yeah.

8/10 i just watch the video and then go back and see what else there is to watch. The rest of the time, i may read the comments for a laugh.

Chain letters are generally funny, like this:

POR FAVOR PUESTO LEYO ESTO. USTED SERA BESADO EN EL MAS CERCANO el viernes POSIBLE POR EL AMOR DE SU VIDA. El MAÑANA SERA EL MEJOR DIA DE SU VIDA. MANDE ESTO SOBRE A 5 VIDEOS EN 143 MINUTOS CUANDO UR la PRENSA F6 HECHA Y UR APLASTAN el NOMBRE APARECERA EN LA PANTALLA EN CARTAS GRANDES.

Comments by kids trying to offend someone like, "omg, ur so ridiculus and fat, die." are entertaining to. People just bitching around its also funny, I usually post just to make it a bit worse.

But not all posts are useless, I have countless times been enlightened about the clip after reading some posts.

I think they should administrate the dumbass comments you see sometimes in replies on youtube vids...but it isn't gonna happen.

I can't stand the YouTube comments, especially those who post on Guitar Hero videos and say stuff like: "lol why dont u just lern to ply a real guitar you retard roflmao" :nono:

I try to avoid the comments, but I can't resist looking to see utter pillocks make a fool out of themselves, then get ripped by other users. Can be quite funny...

You can tell many Youtubers are such morons because of the kind of videos some people love....A lot of "Youtube Poop" videos spring to mind.

What i find so funny about youtube and other similar sites is that it is such a huge contrast to places like deviantart. youtube comments seem to always be negative, i've yet to see a negative comment on deviantart!

You can tell many Youtubers are such morons because of the kind of videos some people love....A lot of "Youtube Poop" videos spring to mind.

Haha, yes, those...nobody likes those at all, certainly not me, no siree. Also I certainly did not ever make my own and submit it, ahaha.

..:(

A comment I came across whilst watching a Queen video was:

"LOL HERE COME THE AIDS BRINGERS".

I try my hardest to avoid Youtube comments.

They are rife with sexism, racism, homophobia, general foulness and other stuff that just depresses me to read.

A comment I came across whilst watching a Queen video was:

"LOL HERE COME THE AIDS BRINGERS".

obviously written by some american 12 year old that doesn't how what aids is.

very annoying.

XKCD:

"Try to make a YouTube comment so dumb that you must be joking. Hint: you can't"