NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

What are the chances of a P.N.03 Sequel on Wii?

I know this game was not received well, though I think this is because people were expecting this game to be in the form of a certain Tactical Espionage game that should remain nameless. For what it was, this game was good. It is also one of my most favourite games of all time...Seriously. This is probably a love or hate game but I have nothing but love for it.

Also Vanessa is a character I feel does not deserve to die out. And those Aegis suits and their moves were beautiful, not forgetting Vanessa's ballet-like movement.

All the sequel really needs is a more diverse environment, with more enemies and more suits. A great story is really optional, as I feel the enjoyment of PN03 comes from its classic blast 'em up feel. And as the only GC exclusive that did not crossover to the PS2, I would really like to see this happen.

There's less of there being a sequal because it was the only game that didn't cross over to the PS2. Capcom obviously thought there was no point in crossing it over and trying to make pofit seeig how poorly it sold on the gamecube (as far as I know).

Still haven't played this game... Seems a lot of fun

Its...Different, but if you stick with it you might see whats special about it.

There's less of there being a sequal because it was the only game that didn't cross over to the PS2. Capcom obviously thought there was no point in crossing it over and trying to make pofit seeig how poorly it sold on the gamecube (as far as I know).

Well maybe. But most of those Capcom games sold rather dimly on the Cube; hence the crossover to PS2. I feel PN03 could have easily grabbed the odd PS2 cool-game-seeker.

no chance at all.. Has virtually no fanbase,sold poorly and was never ported. I mean nobody cared about this game.

What mcj said. You're probably one of the few people who liked it at all.

Yep... I remember that game. Only played a demo pod. Liked the graphical style a lot but it handled like an epileptic spider fused with a drunk elephant.

PN03 was a game that seemed awsome to begin with, but then gradually got worse as the development moved on. From what I've seen, the levels were too linear. Bigger areas would have made this sort of like a scifi Max Payne, with even more acrobatics. Then the singleplayer was too short.

And why the heck did they swap the gun from the early dev stages for a stupid "shoot lasers from your hands, when your hands arent even aimed in that direction" thing.

I was absolutelly in love with this game when it was announced, and the concept still seems good. If they'd make a sequel where they'd get it right, perhaps I'd buy it.

No sales = no sequel.

No matter how good the game is, that's the hard and final rule. In a reasonable world, we all would be playing Beyond Good & Evil 2. Now we're playing Mario Party 8 and Fifa '08 (aka Fifa v1.15).

PN03 was a game that seemed awsome to begin with, but then gradually got worse as the development moved on. From what I've seen, the levels were too linear. Bigger areas would have made this sort of like a scifi Max Payne, with even more acrobatics. Then the singleplayer was too short.

And why the heck did they swap the gun from the early dev stages for a stupid "shoot lasers from your hands, when your hands arent even aimed in that direction" thing.

I was absolutelly in love with this game when it was announced, and the concept still seems good. If they'd make a sequel where they'd get it right, perhaps I'd buy it.

It looked amazing when it was first announced, I loved the graphical sytle, it just never achived what it could've done. It's a game I still toy with buying these days as it's just looks cool.

I always hoped it would turn out like a sci-fi DMC.

I'm with King_V on this one - I LOVE P.N.03. I loved the simplistic art style and clinical feel to it although I thought Vanessa looked exactly like Jill Valentine from the RE Remake. So although I don't think we'll see a sequel on Wii, if we ever did I would definately buy it (so long as it wan't on PS3 cos I don't have one).

Well, this is one of the reasons it sold so bad. People where expecting some kind of traditional 3rd person shooter, while it is much more an old school shoot em up in 3d format. Yes, it is short, and yes, it is quite linear, but if you don't try to play it like a traditional 3rd person shooter and instead try to think of it like a shmup it works really well. It's a lot more Ikaruga than Max Payne.

I doubt they will make a sequel, although I would really like it if they would. The game had a lot of style and unique gameplay, sadly it was very misunderstood.

What are the chances of a P.N.03 Sequel on Wii?
Pretty much none, I'm afraid. Even because Shinji Mikami left the building.

It's a good game though, really underated, the damn critics failed to see P.N.03 wasn't a adventure game, more like a hard as hell highscore game; kinda like Ikaruga, if I may, only in 3rd person. the level design, based on memorization, the gameplay... it's all there.

It's really one of those games that separate children from men. and I'm clearly a children.

I'm glad there were people who understood this game. The problem is from the very first screenshot we got of it, as per usual, the game got a lot of hype and was morphed into something it wasn't in terms of Gamecube owners expectations. Play it for what it is and you might just love it. Its longevity is a bit like Pikmin 1; short but fresh. All Capcom need to do is Pikmin 2 PN03 - just expand on it.