NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

need help with CD drive?

I really don't know what's up but no CD's will start up in my laptop. DVD's are fine but I get the CD trying to start and here a sound like it is "stopping/winding down"??

DVD's are fine but NO CD's work at all. i haven't got a clue what to do. When I click the CD drive it says no CD present :( Do I need to reinstall it with drivers or something? if so where do I find these?

You should be able to get the drivers from the manufacturers site.

Could also be that the laser is stuck, so that it can't move up and down anymore to get the correct distance to read CDs.

If you didn't install anything else you could just do a system restore to point where everything was working and look if it does again.

Fixed my sounddriver that way once.

A restore means I would lose loads of work. :( There are no drivers on the packardbell website for the cd drive?

Am I looking for the wrong name? is it under some other name?

I did a system restore but nothing. Same problem. Gutted. Looks like I'll have to take i into PC World or sommat...God they are so expensive!!

Looks like I'll have to take i into PC World or sommat...God they are so expensive!!

You could always get a new drive :heh:

Yeah it would be cheaper to replace your cd/dvd drive than get it fixed i imagine, and they're not that expensive these days.

Sign in to follow this