N-Europe

Rumour: New Pokémon Heading For Wii?

canand

At the E for All 2007, held in recent days in Los Angeles, BBC has been able to address a short exclusive interview to a developer for the Pokemon Company whose name we prefer to keep anonymous.

Faced with images of Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii, the developer has explained why no role-playing game series has ever landed on a home Nintendo console.

The reason is now clear, portable Nintendo consoles, in recent years, have been the most popular platforms. The Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS platforms were then offered to host the series of Pokemon that always makes the exchange and interaction between players one of the strengths of the franchise.

The developer has also provided an overview of titles available soon. Besides the now popular Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, we soon arrival of Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 for Nintendo DS.

But here we reach the most interesting. The developer has revealed that it is currently developing a new Pokemon game for Wii still secret.

This will be the result of Pokemon Battle Revolution or a real chapter in the main series?

Yet we can not know, stay on BBC for further information.

Pokemon Wii

Wii

Genre: Role Play

Developer: Game Freak

Manufacturer: Nintendo

Information: Nintendo

Release Date: 2009

Why not you never know what well be comeing.

Gamefreak have said in the past they want to keep the core Pokemon series on handhelds, so if the Wii were to get a 3D Pokemon RPG it would probably be just as shit as Gale of Darkness.

Do not want.

I have several theories on why this would never happen. First of all is about how you sell a franchise to the consumer. If you give them everything then they will lose interest.

Take Zelda for example. OOT is still seen as the pinacle (not necessarily the best) of that game series in its classic form. I think a lot of people would agree that they could not create another Twighlight Princess because, lets be honest, it would damage the franchise by being more of the same for a 3rd game in a line.

So if you ended up making the super Pokemon RPG in all it's 3D glory in the way that everyone would want you to, then you would essentially be giving the series a swan song. After that, the series could offer very little more. I say this but considering the minimal changes between iterations of the handheld games, this breaks the rules in its own way...

Something like a 2D Pokemon MMORPG would be amazing. Something with a Korean style free to play model. The single biggest argument in favour a full blown 3D RPG is a simple one - Nintendo would have to build big money houses made out of money to store all the money they would make.

i just forgot there was already a 3d pokemon adventure , pokemon gale of darkness ,

but what i want is an 3d pokemon game from ash with the graphics they gave the pokemon trainer in smashbros :P

and for the story they can just start with the fist two generation pokemons

and go up from there in the Sequels

and also wifi battles like you have in the DS pokemon trades stuff like that

and not to forget ( the voice acting ) especially the pokemon give them their original voices rather than the horrible Gba Sounds

i just forgot there was already a 3d pokemon adventure , pokemon gale of darkness ,

but what i want is an 3d pokemon game from ash with the graphics they gave the pokemon trainer in smashbros :P

and for the story they can just start with the fist two generation pokemons

and go up from there in the Sequels

and also wifi battles like you have in the DS pokemon trades stuff like that

and not to forget ( the voice acting ) especially the pokemon give them their original voices rather than the horrible Gba Sounds

That well be good I want that aswell.