NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Bay Leaves Transfomers

Director has had enough of franchise.

by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, June 18, 2009 - With Transformers mania currently gripping the globe, we have some shocking news for fans of the franchise - Michael Bay has had enough.

According to a report on WENN.com (reported on IMDB), Bay feels that with forthcoming sequel Revenge of the Fallen, he has take the series as far as he can.

"After the three-and-a-half years I've spent making these movies, I feel like I've had enough of the Transformers world," he explained. "I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions."

- M. Phillips/WireImage.comA Michael Bay film without explosions? Say it ain't so!

And in a sly dig at journalists, Bay added. "It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France. But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers. They [the critics] review me before they've even seen the movie."

Well IGN waited till we'd seen the film before passing judgement, and gave Revenge of the Fallen a solid three star review.

Interesting, so I'm guessing this film will be far too cramed with story elements he's envisioned, because [as with everything these days!!] three films were planned weren't they?

They'll be a third no doubt... might be good to see someone elses take on it.

Has anyone seen that episode of the Simpsons where Bart gets a fizzy drink and puts it in some automatic shaker thing (and I think later used it to bomb Skinner)...well thats what I imagine Bay puts his cameras in. Its just horrific filming.

hah! likely story, mate!

Maybe he'll be focussing on the choppa?

50 seconds in makes me laugh.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

The first Transformers film was good, ROTF will be alot better, seems to be focusing on the Tranformers a lot more from the trailers i've seen.

But nothing can touch the animated movie, specially this scene.

Edited by lostmario

But nothing can touch the animated movie, specially this scene.

I tried watching that again recently, I was almost bored to tears I am saddened to say. I think it was the bullshit "family" stuff which ruined it for me.

I tried watching that again recently, I was almost bored to tears I am saddened to say. I think it was the bullshit "family" stuff which ruined it for me.

Were you a fan of the original series?

I think the big deal with the movie was how they killed off most of the original Autobots and Decepticons, oh and introduced Unicron of course.

I was a massive fan as a kid, had all the toys (still do, stored away adding value each year) so it was the best thing ever for me. Still watch the movie once a year or so, for nostalgia.

Apparently if they do a third movie, they want to have Unicron in it.

Probably go the way of Fantastic Four 2 with Galactus and show him as one big massive cloud.

I know 'The Touch' means alot to all you Transformers fans, but I have to say I hate it!

It seems SO out of place in the film whenever I hear it... as though they're trying to take everything to seriously. It just doesn't seem to fit to me, just the wrong type of music.

when i watched the whole "the touch scene" in cornwall with mates last summer, i was doubled up laughing. i mean, the music, with a truck running over everything in existance? awsome.

my friend described the film as a "steaming pile of wank" it is, but in the best way ever.

Were you a fan of the original series?

I think so, but lies at the far edges of my childhood memories.

I am in physical pain, on account of the fact that I havn't heard of this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092026/

Paul

Plot

Paul is about a pair of geeky British friends who travel to a comic-book convention on the West Coast; unlike their other films, this one has Mr. Frost as the dominant one and Mr. Pegg as the sidekick.

Cast

Seth Rogen

Simon Pegg

Jason Bateman

Bill Hader

Sigourney Weaver

Jane Lynch

Nick Frost

Erm....need. Like....mega need.

Yeah it's the third film of the their 'spoof' trilogy.

Though no doubt they'll do more stuff together.

Yeah it's the third film of the their 'spoof' trilogy.

No that's a film about the end of the world or something. This is something else.

Sigourney Weaver adds so muich to that cast. Makes me interested in it.

How have they done achieved those proportions for HBC's Queen of Hearts?... Have they built up around her head?

Can't stand Alice in Wonderland anyways, used to find it a bit scary and creepy when I was younger, so have no desire to see this.

Same, I don't like Alice in Wonderland, and the thought of Depp and Burton on it makes me want to die.

I don't like the Disney movie... I havn't read the book, well maybe a bit of it.

But if from watching the film I don't like the characters and world, then I wouldn't want to read the book anyway.

I don't like the Disney movie... I havn't read the book, well maybe a bit of it.

But if from watching the film I don't like the characters and world, then I wouldn't want to read the book anyway.

Yeah this,...just...this is me too.

I watched the Disney film a few times as a kid, it was one of the few Disney films that I didn't like. I understand that it was adapted from Carroll's book (which I haven't read), but I just found it a bit... disturbing at the time.