NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Don't worry, Paj is writing and directing, and I'm producing and creative consultanting one. :)

Now you're talkin'!!

Such a shame that movie didnt have all the originals in it, if so it could possibly have been the best movie ever made :p

Don't worry, Paj is writing and directing, and I'm producing and creative consultanting one. :)

How is paj directing/writing not supposed to worry the crap out of me???? Everything will be stunning, essential and full of pointless images!

Of course. Though realistically, I'd prefer to have final creative say. I probably would if I were director. Hmm.

Bear in mind Charlotte Gainsbourg will be the pink ranger and Sigourney Weaver is Rita Repulsa.

How is paj directing/writing not supposed to worry the crap out of me???? Everything will be stunning, essential and full of pointless images!

You called Frank Miller's art ugly. Therefore you have no say here! :p

Such a shame that movie didnt have all the originals in it, if so it could possibly have been the best movie ever made :p
... I'd have loved the Dinozords in it!

Still a classic though!

Edited by Retro_Link

Of course. Though realistically, I'd prefer to have final creative say. I probably would if I were director. Hmm.

Bear in mind Charlotte Gainsbourg will be the pink ranger and Sigourney Weaver is Rita Repulsa.

You called Frank Miller's art ugly. Therefore you have no say here! :p

You're just proving my point right there, Power Rangers doesnt need recasting! The amount of Oscar worthy talent that the show had was just mind boggling. They were just never given a chance!

Don't worry, don't worry.

The only thing is, to avoid a G.I Joe-esque fiasco, It would have to be properly tongue-in-cheek, or all edgy and "cool". A well-done one in the vein (but updated) of the originals with a good amount of knowing humour could be luv.

We've been over this already. Although I am creative consultant you would still have final say. It could be as simple as you saying "We're doing this" me saying "I don't like that" and you saying "Shame" *proceeds as planned*

:D

Fine then, me and Retro are just gonna make our own Power Rangers movie.....with blackjack and hookers!

Edited by Happenstance

Batman 3 Release Date Set

The release date for Batman 3 has been confirmed by Warner Bros.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the still untitled film will be released on July 20, 2012.

Few of details are available about the planned sequel other than the fact that director Christopher Nolan and writer David Goyer will return.

Nolan's more realistic take on the Batman mythos has insiders speculating that villains such as Mr Freeze, Killer Croc and Clayface will not be in the movie, though insiders are hoping The Riddler will make an appearance.

The release date was announced almost two years after The Dark Knight set box office records.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a217686/batman-3-release-date-confirmed.html

Anyone who thought that Clayface, Mr.Freeze or Killer Croc would be in Nolan's Batman-verse would be dreaming.

I hope it's not the Riddler though, as the main villain...I stil want my Black Mask/Catwoman.

Yeah Nolans said himself for sure that Mr Freeze won't be in it.

I'd like to see Black Mask, having read up on him...

and perhaps Catwoman and/or Talia Al Ghul.

Talia al Gjul would reek of "ugh", considering she wasn't mentioned or seen in the first film, and would just feel really cheap as an inclusion. (I love her in the comics though)

It's be cool to have one of the gimmicky villains be defeated like the Scarecrow in TDK, just a few minutes or something. That would be funny. Like Mad Hatter or Firefly or something.

Yeah to start the film off that would be great. Are there any 'lessers' that work under Black Mask for example?

Yeah, he's effectively just an awesome mafia boss guy. During the War Games storyline in Batman he had a whole bunch of big villains "under" him, IIRC. But then it all depends. He's hands-on himself too, which is what makes him so good. His brutal torture of Spoiler for example, and how often he's tortured Catwoman and her loved ones etc.

So Black Mask (having taken over the criminal underworld) and Catwoman (found by Batman a broken vengeful woman by Black Mask), could work well as the two key characters. And then a couple of other recognisable 'henchmen'.

Brad Bird to direct Mission Impossible 3

Since Tom Cruise decided to accept another fiendishly-difficult-but-let’s-face-it-not-quite-Impossible-or-there-would-be-no-movie Mission, there’s been speculation as to who would direct the fourth outing in his spy series.

Rumour suggested Brad Bird... Well, it's no longer rumour: it’s Brad Bird.

As previously reported, Cruise – who is producing with part three’s creator, JJ Abrams – was considering both Bird and Blighty’s own Edgar Wright, but Mission: Impossible IV is officially going to The Incredibles writer/director.

Wright, who is still tied up with post-production on his hotly anticipated comic-book adaptation Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, is still on Cruise’s must-work-with list, though.

“I dig Edgar. Very nice guy, very smart, very talented, I’d really like to do something with him,†said Cruise, talking to Empire recently in Los Angeles. “I met Edgar on the set of Mission 3. Simon Pegg and those guys are hilarious. I love Shaun Of The Dead. It’s amazing. But we’re working with Brad right now. I don’t know if I’m allowed to talk about it but everything’s signed... Brad is doing it.â€

Um, we hope you were allowed to talk about it, Tom. The tape recorder was on, anyway. “The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille – Brad is enormously talented and JJ and I are having a blast, cranking away,†Cruise continued. “We’re having a lot of fun. I like working with people I just love hanging out with. You get to hang out and laugh and talk stories and movies and technology: what are we going to do?â€

Mission: Impossible IV should hit theatres in 2011. In the meantime, Cruise’s spy antics continue in rom-com-cum-actioner Knight And Day (we’ve seen some of it – it looks terrific), due out in the UK on July 14 (June 25 in the US).

Source

Bet no one expected this.

I don't want to sound complainy and I love Brad Bird's films. I just wish they didn't go for someone who's only really done family friendly animations.

I'd prefer someone like Joe Carnahan, Phillip Noyce, Paul Greengrass or maybe even Brian de Palma returning. But that's just cos I want M:I-4 to be a serious spy thriller rather than a summer blockbuster.

I don't want to sound complainy and I love Brad Bird's films. I just wish they didn't go for someone who's only really done family friendly animations.

I'd prefer someone like Joe Carnahan, Phillip Noyce, Paul Greengrass or maybe even Brian de Palma returning. But that's just cos I want M:I-4 to be a serious spy thriller rather than a summer blockbuster.

I wouldn't say MI is that far away from 'family-friendly', and most of its non-family-friendlyness comes from action, which is something Bird has shown in droves with The Incredibles and The Iron Giant. Bird is ambitious and really pushed what could be done with TIG and TI. Plus he's been wanting to do live action for a while so I'm glad he's had the opportunity to do so.

And I don't think there was ever any chance MI would be a serious spy thriller based on the franchise and the fact it has Tom Cruise in it :p

In other film news, apparently Zoolander 2 and Anchorman 2 have been canned.

If I didn't know it was true (because I don't think the magazine would lie about something so random) but there is a new 3D Moomin film coming out...

31251_406229424056_60756904056_3865121_3935441_n.jpg

With a song by Bjork.

Yeah it was confirmed donkeys ago when Bjork said she was doing the soundtrack (maybe just the one song now).

Haven't seen the Moomins in years. It has a haunting place in my head...memories of 6am on Cartoon Network and being a child. It was always so eerily silent. But quite nice too.

Ah okay. It just seems so...unlikely. To me at least.

Moomins creep me the fuck out.

If I didn't know it was true (because I don't think the magazine would lie about something so random) but there is a new 3D Moomin film coming out...
:shakehead

... I hate those scary bastards!!