NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

The Alien quadrilogy is more than just nice.

It's fucking lovely.

The Alien quadrilogy is more than just nice.

It's fucking lovely.

I occasionally feel compelled to draw posts. This is one of those occasions.

CIMG0272.jpg

alien0973qajr5.jpg

I want to inhabit the greatness of Alien. Especially that bit ^

MAN SUMMER!

... I think A-Team showcases much more awesum, and expendables has too much love-plot. But the UFCaholic in me is pretty hyped for both!

So Iron Man 2 is getting a few poo reviews.

Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel....For a film riding a wave of unbridled achievement from its predecessor, "Iron Man 2" begins with a curious sense of panic. Characters all talk at once. Hesitant story lines launch in all directions. The soundtrack and music clang away, but onscreen little happens until a big set-piece at a Grand Prix race nearly 20 minutes into the movie.

http://io9.com/5525691/iron-man-2-reviews-range-from-unwatchable-to-awesome

Will find out for myself tonight =o

but onscreen little happens until a big set-piece at a Grand Prix race nearly 20 minutes into the movie

So it takes roughly an hour less than the first one to get going?

Ive read a few mixed reviews but im still looking forward to it.

One thing though is that I think some of the problems being caused are from all the Avengers stuff they had to add just messing up the story a bit.

I wish all this Avengers bullshit could just be left for after all the films!

It's bad enough slapping it in Iron Man 2, but the fact that possibly the only Thor and Captain America movies are going to have their stories tainted by having to include some Avengers crap!

Why would it taint it? It's mostly just after-film moments and tiny cameos so far (not seen Iron Man 2 though obviously).

What I'm saying is, why include it at all yet. It sounds like it may have gotten in the way of Iron Man 2, and what with no Captain America/Thor sequels planned (until after the Avengers at least), it's safe to say there'll be more than just an after credits cameo because they need to set the characters up for it (like they're reportedly doing with Iron Man more in this sequel), especially with CA being the lead and all!

Anyways, I haven't seen IM2 either, so best not to judge yet... but there really was no need to set the Avengers up throughout all the other films! They need to establish the characters, not just all this rushing about for a stupid 2012 deadline!

I agree in sentiment I suppose, I hated the concept of planning it all for a single Avengers film...it would be nicer to have let it evolve naturally. That said, it might never have happened with all the established characters and actors involved if they hadn't decided to link them all together before the actual Avengers film. Because it's already being established and set up there's more chance they'll get all the people from the other films into the single one etc.

I suppose it annoys me more than some, because I have no real opinion yet on the Avengers. Not having read it, I don't view it as this amazing realistation, but more something that's getting in the way of and potentially somewhat ruining these films I'm so excited about!

I assumed that might be it, I know the Avengersx very well, but to be honest, I'm not that excited for the movie...it might be good if they base it on The Ultimates (which was an early 2000's re-imagining of the Avengers team which would translate well to screen, and is generally good), and I think they are, but it's not keeping me up at night. I'm just really worried about things like Thor being rushed out...Thor could be worthy of an epic on an Avatar-scale, visually...and it worries me in that respect.

But then I have 0 interest in Thor unless they put Enchantress and Executioner in it.

Thats all completely and utterly ridiculous. Avengers doesn't hamper Iron Man 2 at all.

And the first major action scene is 20 minutes in? How on Earth is that a problem.

Iron Man 2 is awesome. Not without its flaw(s) but its fucking quality, and a great comic adaptingadaptiiotion film win glof.

^ Well if that's the case then awesome!! :D

I'm seeing it tomorrow night :yay: so all will become clear then!

Really?... all looks very rubbery to me... like Lord Zedd's (off of Power Rangers) gimp suit!

Where's all the chainmail and armour?

Maybe some CGI 'sparkle/shine' effect is going to be added to the outfits or something?

Edited by Retro_Link

Really?... all looks very rubbery to me... like Lord Zedd's (off of Power Rangers) gimp suit!

Where's all the chainmail and armour?

Maybe some CGI 'sparkle/shine' effect is going to be added to the outfits or something?

Now you're making me want a new Power Rangers movie!