NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
thirtynine.

Podcast Downloader.

Ok, I dont like iTunes so i am looking for an alternative to get my podcasts delivered to me, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions?

ktnkzbai.

Ok, I dont like iTunes so i am looking for an alternative to get my podcasts delivered to me, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions?

ktnkzbai.

What don't you like about iTunes.

You can't beat a quick Google, can you? ;)

Bastard :P

What don't you like about iTunes.

It eats my ramz, I dont like the interface, i already use Foobar as my media player and i dont need another one?

Once you go foobar you don't go back ... or something else witty like that.

At least one advantage:

iTunes takes about 10 hours to start up and Foobar2000 has popped up by the time I move my mouse pointer from the start menu to where it appears.

At least one advantage:

iTunes takes about 10 hours to start up and Foobar2000 has popped up by the time I move my mouse pointer from the start menu to where it appears.

Yeah it takes a while to sort out your foobar with all the damn plugins but once its done its done for good and you dont use anything else.

At least one advantage:

I disagree :heh: I found foobar heavily lacking. Like the VLC media player of mp3s, it's great if you want something that will definitely, simply, play your mp3s, but very lacking when it comes to special features. My fav features of iTunes are podcast downloads, sorting by album (with artwork, I'm a fan of album cover-art), party shuffle and best of all, smart playlists. foobar just can't cut it imo. Oh and my iTunes loads in about two seconds, not... 10 hours ^_^

I disagree :heh: I found foobar heavily lacking. Like the VLC media player of mp3s, it's great if you want something that will definitely, simply, play your mp3s, but very lacking when it comes to special features. My fav features of iTunes are podcast downloads, sorting by album (with artwork, I'm a fan of album cover-art), party shuffle and best of all, smart playlists. foobar just can't cut it imo. Oh and my iTunes loads in about two seconds, not... 10 hours ^_^

You can do all of that with foobar, it just take effort. If anything its like the mozilla of browsers its great slimline etc but you need to take time to sort it out whereas with IE everything works from the strat but its a clunky piece of crap with a bad GUI

None of your other stuff interests me (I don't even know what a smart playlist is :p), but this is very easily done:

fooqv2.jpg

Shuffle and party shuffle are different! Here's a perfect illustration of a smart playlist in teh making ^_^

smartplaylistyz7.jpg

(PS didnt know you could get art on foobar :b)

Edit: oh yeah! Back on topic, yes I think Juice is good (Moria linked), I use it on my parents PC when I go back to theirs, along with foobar. Just to be a hypocrite.

Seriously you can get whatever you want on foobar, any feature thats on any other player is on foobar just takes time to find the plugin :P altho it would seem it lacks podcast downloaders :P

Alright that looks nice, but you know what? My whole collection is in flac format so iTunes won't even play anything.

Sign in to follow this