NEurope
Cookyman

Too many games - cant cope!

In the run up to Chrimbo the release schedule is getting a bit crowded. We're literally spoiled for choice. Now I have already preordered Metroid and Mario and am contemplating getting Guitar Hero III as I hear it one of the best versions and Wii guitar works really well plus its online! (yay).

But then there is also Table Tennis, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008, Endless Ocean (Forever Blue), Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2, Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games, NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Cheggers' Party Quiz (I'm kidding!), Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure, Ghost Squad, Nitrobike,Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Bully: Scholarship Edition.

My wallet can only stretch so far! thank god some games have been delayed until next year!

NiGHTS has been delayed till next year but alot of the stuff I don't really need.

Besides Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy I mostly want Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars 2 and NiGHTS which are all coming out this year in the US but they don't look like they're coming out over here in the UK this year.

I'd say that Zak n Wiki and Endless Ocean are your two definites there matey. Many of the others are quite middle of the road or are yet to prove themselves. Depends what you like though.

I'm getting Metroid and Zak n Wiki. I'm actually gonna wait to see what Mario is like first cos at the moment, I'm not that fussed. Would like EO but yeah... there's Assassin's Creed and Orange Box around...

Yeah Wii has a great line up this xmas :D

I'm getting Metroid (like most people) next week. I didn't like the other 2 that much but will definately get this.

Then I should also be getting Mario Galaxy and Zack and Wiki, and if my wallet isn't too badly hurt, i want GH3 aswell. That said, I also want a 360, especially for Xbox live (and now that SFIV is confirmed) i'm gonna start saving.

I'm beginning to feel the same...swamped! My to buy list reads like this at the moment;

Zelda; Phantom Hourglass

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Mario Galaxy

Table Tennis

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Endless Ocean

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Zack & Wiki

Ghost Squad

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Guitar Hero 3

Obviously not going to get all of these.. but something is gonna have to give...already delaying getting Metroid for a week just so I have more time to appreciate Zelda...but then I'll likely not complete Metroid before Mario Galaxy!

I think for me that Mario and Zach and Wiki is the minimum. Wouldn't mind the others like if I have the time and money. :cry:

meh, zelda, mario and maaaaaaaybe metriod, the others? nah i only really want games i know i'll love

I think for me that Mario and Zach and Wiki is the minimum. Wouldn't mind the others like if I have the time and money. :cry:

Nice choices :heh:

In the run up to Chrimbo the release schedule is getting a bit crowded. We're literally spoiled for choice. Now I have already preordered Metroid and Mario and am contemplating getting Guitar Hero III as I hear it one of the best versions and Wii guitar works really well plus its online! (yay).

How can the Wii version be one of the best? I mean, you can't even download or create your own songs, which form my point of view is the most important improvement over the first game (GH2 had it for 360).

And about those other games...

I won't buy Mario & Sonic, since I guess it's gonna be some kind of button masher (or Wiimote epileptic spasmathon, allthough that's a term I just came up with), and I'm just generally not interrested in sportsgames.

Raving Rabids 2... I'm tired of these minigame collections. Of coursem the original was the most humorous, and one of the best.

Generally I think you're over impressed with these games. Most of the ones you've listed won't have a too long lasting appeal. Of course, several of those will most probably be awsome (Zack & Wiki, Umbrella Chronicles, Nights, Tomb Raider are certain bets).

I haven't decided if I'm gonna save Mario Galaxy until Xmas, or get it at launch. Probs launch tho, or it will be to difficult to avoid the spoilers till Xmas.

Might pick up Metroid next week. Have only played Echoes and I did'nt really like it...

Defintley getting Medal of Honor Heroes 2 :)

How can the Wii version be one of the best? I mean, you can't even download or create your own songs, which form my point of view is the most important improvement over the first game (GH2 had it for 360).

I don't believe you can create your own songs in GHIII, I mean that'd just be impossible, and importing songs isn't going to be something they want you to do. If you want to download songs then fair play, but I find their prices a bit too steep for what are a few songs I probably don't like anyway.

Anyway, my wallet is being hit hard this Christmas, I have a Birthday and Christmas to fall back on though. My list of games that I plan on getting (provided they release in 2007):

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Super Mario Galaxy

Guitar Hero III

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Zack and Wiki

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

And it doesn't seem to get any less packed once we hit 2008. I haven't played Super Paper Mario for a second time since I bought it a month ago, so I guess I'm going to have a long wait on my hands before I finish getting all the games I want.

I don't thiink I've ever had a gaming flood like this.

I don't think I will have too little time.

I know I will buy:

Metroid Prime 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Forever Blue

Dragon Quest Joker

FFXII: Revenant Wings

That's it. Maybe I will buy RE if I have nothing else to do. I might buy a PSP too, so then it will be about five more games. I'm sure I will have enough time anyway.

Now I have already preordered Metroid and Mario

Those are the only two games worth buying on that list. There's far more better games on other platforms worth getting over most of the filler stuff you listed there. :blank:

Those are the only two games worth buying on that list. There's far more better games on other platforms worth getting over most of the filler stuff you listed there. :blank:

Filler stuff? Where?

I don't believe you can create your own songs in GHIII, I mean that'd just be impossible, and importing songs isn't going to be something they want you to do. If you want to download songs then fair play, but I find their prices a bit too steep for what are a few songs I probably don't like anyway.

Anyway, my wallet is being hit hard this Christmas, I have a Birthday and Christmas to fall back on though. My list of games that I plan on getting (provided they release in 2007):

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Super Mario Galaxy

Guitar Hero III

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Zack and Wiki

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

And it doesn't seem to get any less packed once we hit 2008. I haven't played Super Paper Mario for a second time since I bought it a month ago, so I guess I'm going to have a long wait on my hands before I finish getting all the games I want.

I don't thiink I've ever had a gaming flood like this.

Well actually in an inteview on gametrailers the developers promised an editor where you quite simply import mp3's and use an editor to put out the... thingys:P I'm not sure, but I think you were supposed to upload your songs to an online gallery were other users, free of charge, will be able to download it...

Filler stuff? Where?

I was about to quote 3/4's of his list, but it'll run into debate and move it off the real topic. Truth is that most of those games are PS2/arcade ports with tacked on Wii controls, when most of the ports can be found for under £15 on another platform which they were originally released for instead of buying them on the Wii at full price (which is what the majority of them will be priced at).

I understand we all have different tastes in what genres and IP's we like to play, but if you were really going to buy all them and you haven't already got a 360, then I'd seriously think you aren't much of a gamer for example. When you struggle with finding the time and money at the end of the year to play all these releases you really need to single out what is absolutely worth playing......or other wise you'll be sitting there with a load of releases that you didn't even finish or enjoy all that much because you were rushing through them.

The only Wii games I'm buying the rest of this year are Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, RE:UC and (probably at christmas) Metroid. I'm not really interested in most of the second tier games like NiGHTs, M&S or Forever Blue, and I'll be getting Rock Band instead of GH3 probably.

Well actually in an inteview on gametrailers the developers promised an editor where you quite simply import mp3's and use an editor to put out the... thingys:P I'm not sure, but I think you were supposed to upload your songs to an online gallery were other users, free of charge, will be able to download it...

Sure that's not the PC / MAC versions? I can't honestly believe they're going to be charging for online download packs while you can just make any songs you want.

I've heard nothing about it, sounds like an easy way to kill the sales of any sequel or spin off though.

Well, the games i really think that are worth of buying.... are:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (i'll buy)

Super Mario Galaxy (i'll buy)

Zack and Wiki (i'll buy)...

And.... no more X'D. At least, not that interest me. These, for me, show us a good potential of Wii already.

This is the impression given by (hmmmm now it was either a Gamespot or IGN podacast) but apart from PS3 and 360 having HD graphics there was very little difference and lets face it in Guitar Hero games high def means fuck all :heh: . As for downloadable content yes it's true downloadable content will not be available initially for GHIII but I'm sure they will get round to it - thats a cash cow - they'd be mad not to. The Wii Guitar has also been very well received and the online play is very good.

Well thats why I've only preordered 2 the other games on that list just caught my attention I'm not buying them all - my lotto numbers havent come up! lol :heh: As for there being far better games on other platforms good - you buy them then I only have a Wii!

What with a few games being delayed I didn't think it would be much of a struggle this year but a quick glance at the release schedule means my credit card will be abused.

Already pre-ordered Metroid 3 and Mario Galaxy

Other must-buys* look like including Endless Ocean , Lego Star Wars , Guitar Hero 3 , Dewys Adventure , RE : UC , Zack and Wiki and Harvest Moon : MM (unless delayed again).

And no doubt I am going to get tempted by a few things on the VC along the way.

* Dependent on reviews

Metroid Prime 3 - One week left :)

Endless Ocean - Awaiting decent reviews first

Super Mario Galaxy - buying it on day 1.

Mario and Sonic - I need another party game. Probably Xmas present.

Link's Crossbow Training - I guess this is out in early December. Hopefully half price with Zapper

Pokemon Battle Revo - Finally an online Pokemon for home consoles. Probably Xmas present.

Early 2008 should be great as well. I expect Battalion Wars II, Wii Fit, DK Bongo Blast and Smash Bros Brawl in Q1.

I'm definitely getting:

Metroid Prime 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Harvest Moon MM

Zack and Wiki

I could get some other games, but I think this should be enough to tide me over till 2008 when Brawl is released.