NEurope
Dante

SEGA Superstars Tennis

Then you must have an appauling attention span. I'd be surprised if you liked many games.

ok this is the second time you've attacked me and the last time you completely ignored my reply.....I don't know why i bother. but anyway..

I find it boring compared to other sega series..Streets of rage can be completed in around 3 to 4 hours maybe...So it's a load of balls saying i have a short attension span considering i have completed advanced wars,and many long rpgs etc etc..

I have no real reason to why i find it boring..those games never appealed to me..its very dated and doesn't stand the test of time and quite frankly final fight IS better in every way and came first.

ok this is the second time you've attacked me and the last time you completely ignored my reply.....I don't know why i bother. but anyway..

I find it boring compared to other sega series..Streets of rage can be completed in around 3 to 4 hours maybe...So it's a load of balls saying i have a short attension span considering i have completed advanced wars,and many long rpgs etc etc..

I have no real reason to why i find it boring..those games never appealed to me..its very dated and doesn't stand the test of time and quite frankly final fight IS better in every way and came first.

Well I'll try Final Fight...then I'll tell you what I think. But it doesn't make sence not liking one game, and liking another similar. Especially if you've completed Advance Wars (only that one?;)).

Streets of Rage 2 stands the test of time better than all games bar Super Mario Bros.

Well I'll try Final Fight...then I'll tell you what I think. But it doesn't make sence not liking one game, and liking another similar. Especially if you've completed Advance Wars (only that one?;)).

Streets of Rage 2 stands the test of time better than all games bar Super Mario Bros.

i cant of another game thats longer than advance wars at least for me.

SOR is one of the most dated games ever... Imagine if it was released on it's own as a gba game even without any improvements? .......nope it woulnt work.. but games like super metroid could easily hold its own on the gba.

that's how you know whether a retro game has stood the test of time... If SOR was made now then it would have rpg elements and combos and what not..

it's just nostalgia gettin to you.

On a scale of 1 to 5 out of 10 how bad will this game be?

Im saying 4.

I expect it to be excellent. It can't go far wrong, being based on Virtua Tennis.

Im saying 4.

On Wii? I'm going for...5 or 6. On 360/PS3 i'm going to say 7 or 8!

The Wii version should have had online play and brilliant Wii-mote controls, it sadly doesn't...it also has sub-par graphics in my opinion, we know what the Wii is capable of, and this just looks not as polished as it could.

Online play, Superb graphics and Achievements for the 360 one...kinda make that the one to go for, if you can.

EDIT: Didn't understand your scale...1 being the worst, 10 being the best i went for...:D

EDIT: Didn't understand your scale...1 being the worst, 10 being the best i went for...:D

I meant your score out of 10 for the game, but you could only choose scores between 1 and 5

basically im saying it will be crap on wii. get mario power tennis

I am going to say -10

you could be right

i cant of another game thats longer than advance wars at least for me.

SOR is one of the most dated games ever... Imagine if it was released on it's own as a gba game even without any improvements? .......nope it woulnt work.. but games like super metroid could easily hold its own on the gba.

that's how you know whether a retro game has stood the test of time... If SOR was made now then it would have rpg elements and combos and what not..

it's just nostalgia gettin to you.

Dude....have you EVER even seen Streets of Rage 2?.....It's not nostalgia, it feels like a game of today would. Viewtiful Joe didn't really have any real combos, like "true" fighting games....sounds like you've been sniffing too much Street Fighter & (the overrated) Devil May Cry glue.

Anyway....I've played a couple of levels of the 1st Final Fight:

Meh

It doesn't seem much better than SOR overall gameplay wise. The fighting seems more personal, which can be seen as either bad or good, but it also feels a bit more combo-y than any SOR, which is good, especially considering the games age. However, there are enemies that can hit you on the ground, AND you can get caught in the slowest combos ever of any enemy on any game EVER, which is pretty crap, and that brings me on to there being no special moves, in order to get out of such flawed ememy combos.

The music bored me to hell, which is no excuse for age, and surprising, seeing as though mcj metroid obviously doesn't get affected my this droney boringness, even though he gets bored with the seemingly equal game of SOR.

What I find strange about this game is its obsession with you seemingly beating up raving (stereotyped) gaybar gang style homosexuals.

Overall I found the game generally on par with SOR, though it looks much nicer, it's the gameplay that matters to me, unless the visuals make playing the game difficult or very unappealing. The games both have okay physics, though FFs are better, it sometimes means it diminishes the gameplay.

However, with no 2P mode, the game falls below SOR in my eyes.

I'd also like to point out that this game has aged significantly.

And also, SOR1 I have minute (my newt) nostalgic feelings for, not the type mcj metroid seems to suggest.

We'll have to wait for FF2 to come out so we can test it against SOR2!!!!!1

Final Fight: 7.5/10

Im saying 4.

It'll be 8 - 8.5 on the best version I reckon. I've read good things about it.

Jesus guys what's wrong with you? None of you have played it, why the hell are you impression that the game is going to be crap?

Jesus guys what's wrong with you? None of you have played it, why the hell are you impression that the game is going to be crap?

call me crazy but sega haven't exactly got the best track record..added to the fact that reports have said that the controls are meh...its multi-platform,no on-line?

all this stacked against it before any decent previews...its going to be shit.

Dude....have you EVER even seen Streets of Rage 2?.....It's not nostalgia, it feels like a game of today would. Viewtiful Joe didn't really have any real combos, like "true" fighting games....sounds like you've been sniffing too much Street Fighter & (the overrated) Devil May Cry glue.

Anyway....I've played a couple of levels of the 1st Final Fight:

Meh

It doesn't seem much better than SOR overall gameplay wise. The fighting seems more personal, which can be seen as either bad or good, but it also feels a bit more combo-y than any SOR, which is good, especially considering the games age. However, there are enemies that can hit you on the ground, AND you can get caught in the slowest combos ever of any enemy on any game EVER, which is pretty crap, and that brings me on to there being no special moves, in order to get out of such flawed ememy combos.

The music bored me to hell, which is no excuse for age, and surprising, seeing as though mcj metroid obviously doesn't get affected my this droney boringness, even though he gets bored with the seemingly equal game of SOR.

What I find strange about this game is its obsession with you seemingly beating up raving (stereotyped) gaybar gang style homosexuals.

Overall I found the game generally on par with SOR, though it looks much nicer, it's the gameplay that matters to me, unless the visuals make playing the game difficult or very unappealing. The games both have okay physics, though FFs are better, it sometimes means it diminishes the gameplay.

However, with no 2P mode, the game falls below SOR in my eyes.

I'd also like to point out that this game has aged significantly.

And also, SOR1 I have minute (my newt) nostalgic feelings for, not the type mcj metroid seems to suggest.

We'll have to wait for FF2 to come out so we can test it against SOR2!!!!!1

Final Fight: 7.5/10

It'll be 8 - 8.5 on the best version I reckon. I've read good things about it.

i cant get over this.. how do you think that streets of rage holds up to games today? the genre is dead.. it can't survive anymore without rpg elements or customisation or something...viewtiful is NOTHINGlike streets of rage. and neither is street fighter..

games like this aren't being released anymore and for good reason...it would first get slated for it's length,its repetitiveness..the music is better in streets of rage... Final fight MUST be played in the arcades...the snes version is terrible by comparison..im not saying you played the snes but just in case you did.

I liek streets of rage but it's massively over-rated and too many people are blinded by nostalgia...its still fun but mind-numbing these days.

Yeah, Streets of Rage is only a nostalgia game- but I thought McJ would love it. :heh: I've played all three and in my opinion the third is probably the best... but they are all immaterial really. I haven't played Final Fight in the arcade but it ain't that great on the Snes and by no means a classic.

But waaait a second, this is the Sega Superstar Tennis thread so lets talk about it and take the SoR chatter to the Retro board or the Wii Channels section, eh? Before it boils over too much. But before we forget about them, has Streets of Rage been involved in Superstar Tennis?

I seen on GT that Chu Chu Rocket has some involvement in it, so thats another plus for me. Though I really don't hold out any hope that the game will have good controls cos we all know Sega just can't seem to make a decent game anymore, the fools.

By the way- Double Dragon and Rival Turf was where the beat em up action was to be had. :wink:

I agree, i thought my scores were pretty fair as well as a guess.

c

i cant get over this.. how do you think that streets of rage holds up to games today? the genre is dead.. it can't survive anymore without rpg elements or customisation or something...viewtiful is NOTHINGlike streets of rage. and neither is street fighter..

Well you were talking about combos, VJ is a fighter, whatever way you look at it, and has relitivly simply of, and I'd hardly call it having RPG elements either.

I know they're nothing alike, but it doesn't mean they don't share similarities.

games like this aren't being released anymore and for good reason...it would first get slated for it's length,its repetitiveness

Yeah; it would. I would go into more depth as to why, but being 1/2 psychologicalness:wtf: of people, means it gets confusing.

I will say you've made your point with that it wouldn't be released how SOR2 was today, but it would only need a few touch ups, and the genre definately isn't dead. Devil May Cry is a fancy version of games like Final Fight & Streets of Rage when it comes to the fighting.

Final fight MUST be played in the arcades...the snes version is terrible by comparison..im not saying you played the snes but just in case you did.

Well I did; but rules of comparisons is comparing similar counterparts. i.e. SNES vs. MegaDrive

Anyway...the point of my comparison/review was that Final Fight 1 and SoR 1 both aren't that great and are equal. As you were arguing FF > SoR, and as a series maybe, but I'll have to try the others.

Got a review copy of this today, is it out yet? But yeah, seems like alot of fun, enjoying it thus far.

Thing is, in the challenge mode I can't play with motion controls on the mini-game challenges, only in proper matches. Anyone else having this problem? Can you fix it or is it a horrible glitch?

Would like to know before I post a review.

Ordered my copy today so it should hopefully be here tomorrow. Really looking forward to this.

This Friday got some friends coming over for a huge multiplayer session. At the moment I have Guitar Hero 3, Smash Bros Brawl, Sega Superstar Tennis, Big Brain Academy and WarioWare. Should be fun :)

I rented this game to get some multiplayer action while i had friends over. I was embarresed and turned it off after 10 minutes. Its a shoddy tennis game that sega should and could have done better.

I expected Virtua tennis esque gameplay, with sega characters to add to the fun. I ended up with Tennis for hoes 1995, albanian version.