NEurope
Dante

SEGA Superstars Tennis

No online:

E-mail for rants is [email protected]

We ended our play session with a few online matches against the folks at Sumo Digital in Yorkshire, England. Although we played on the 360, we were told that the experience would be identical over the PSN when playing on the PS3 (the Wii, unfortunately, doesn't have any online play to speak of). The matches were exactly what you'd expect from multiplayer tennis, and we were quite surprised at how well the game ran, especially considering the distance between the said participants.
Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/850/850539p1.html

I'm frickin' emailing them:

Hi, I'm writing to express my dissatisfaction with your decisions regarding this game.

I believe the Wii version would be best and could sell better if it had a online component to it.

Since Wii's launch with Wii Sports that people wanted a more in-dept Tennis game, so it comes as a surprise, as ridiculous that there's still no online tennis with realistic graphics on the Wii, but moving along with that...

Given the lack of tennis games and the obvious userbase for them, this could be it, the game everyone has been expecting, but it's not... Becarse it has no online, such a obvious option (and considering X360/PS3 has it) I just ended up deciding that without online, it's a game that I'll, sadly pass.

It's not even doable to say that Wii is not online or the public doesn't expect it to be anymore, I mean... Mario Strikers sold bucketloads just because it is online, Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart are coming online; Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 besides being a PSP port sold due to online... Hell, NiGHTS has limited online habilities (in a game that could lack them) How can Sega expect to compete with a game who is stripped down from it's multiplatform counterparts?

Thus, I request that you delay this game, give it extra work and priority and only release it when it's ready with online mode; otherwise... no purchase and I believe most people will do the same, informed people at least.

Thanks

Pedro Silva

Their e-mail address is [email protected]

I suggest you all do the same if we want it to have some impact, it's easy and if you're replying here it should take about the same time to reply to them as well; this game without online is not acceptable; make them hear that.

Well, no online is rubbish obviously, but the main reason why i'm not buying this, is the reaction on the motion controls not be responsive. With the game out next month, i know it won't be changed to work better.

Also, i won't buy this on 360/PS3 either until it comes way down in price, due to the fact that i have Virtua Tennis 3 and Wii Tennis (Mario Tennis as well come to think of it!) and it kinda brings nothing new to the genre at all! Yeah it's great using all the Sega stars and graphically looks impressive but thats about it at the mo! :)

Well, no online is rubbish obviously, but the main reason why i'm not buying this, is the reaction on the motion controls not be responsive. With the game out next month, i know it won't be changed to work better.

Also, i won't buy this on 360/PS3 either until it comes way down in price, due to the fact that i have Virtua Tennis 3 and Wii Tennis (Mario Tennis as well come to think of it!) and it kinda brings nothing new to the genre at all! Yeah it's great using all the Sega stars and graphically looks impressive but thats about it at the mo! :)

Hence why, I demand a delay, if the controls aren't up there yet (hadn't read anything about them being unresponsive yet), more the reason to do so.

This game should only be released when it's really ready, meaning online and good controls.

Hence why, I demand a delay, if the controls aren't up there yet (hadn't read anything about them being unresponsive yet), more the reason to do so.

This game should only be released when it's really ready, meaning online and good controls.

It'll be released next month, with no online or responsive controls (so IGN say, i wish they would have elaborated more though).

I'll be very surprised if Sega delay it and make it that bit better.

It'll be released next month, with no online or responsive controls (so IGN say, i wish they would have elaborated more though).

I'll be very surprised if Sega delay it and make it that bit better.

Me too, I don't believe it will; but still... I prefer saying it to them beforehand, since, if this was well done they'd have my money.

It's only fair to tell them why they won't.

It's only fair to tell them why they won't.

How come its up to the gamers to tell them though? They should know by now what makes a good game and what people want to see.

Its definitely foolish to not include online play in this, that was pretty much the only reason I would've got it- as well as gameplay... and Alex Kidd, obviously, but playing online would extend the longevity once all tournaments and stuff are won.

How come its up to the gamers to tell them though? They should know by now what makes a good game and what people want to see.

Its definitely foolish to not include online play in this, that was pretty much the only reason I would've got it- as well as gameplay... and Alex Kidd, obviously, but playing online would extend the longevity once all tournaments and stuff are won.

Better than them saying later on that there's no market (since the "inferior" Wi version sold less!), that they didn't felt obliged due to do so since "soccer moms don't play online", and if it wasn't so they'd get hate mail and "we care about online" as general response. (and that somehow they didn't)

At least on my end, I did all I could; Sadly the same can't be said on their side.

Sumo won't reply they are rubbish at getting back to you, I've tried contacting them for the site with no luck....

Haha, there's a House of the Dead court in the trailer! Looks fantastic. :)

I'm a bit miffed that there's no online mode for the Wii version, but I don't really mind because I don't play online games anyway. ;) Last one I played was Dreamcast Chu Chu Rocket (which would work brilliantly with the wiimote, I think).

I think the game looks good but no online is an absolute joke and no reason for it whatsoever! Also, if the controls are crap then what is going on!?!? Tennis got it right on day one, how is it possible to eff it up!!>?

looks like 360 and DS version for me if it gets good reviews.

is the DS version also online or not?

I wish SEGA would stop forgetting about their best franchise ever...

And Knuckles should be instead of Shadow.

Which is..?

ONM say you can have traditional controls in this game and say it works best - if the official mag doesn't want motion controls what the hell is going on!?!

I've just watched a new 360 video of this game and my god it looks really stunning, much more then i first thought! So if i was going to buy any version, it'll be that one...sadly i still don't see the point of buying the Wii version just to use the traditional controls and having the sub-par graphics, which is a damn shame...(as i like adding as many wii games to my catalogue as possible).

I also didn't realise how much effort has gone into actually using Sega's old mascots and games etc...

Quite impressed. Still not sure about buying it though, i think the price is putting me off as it is just tennis again, like i said before...

Anyway, it's kinda winning me over now i suppose.

Streets of Rage of course. The 2nd game is unbeaten in quality for the genre.

Personally I preferred Capcoms Final Fight over SoR.

it's going to be a bad game anyway pedro.. I know you're upset about it not being on-line but the fact it's on the 360 and ps3 indicated the motion controls will be tacked-on or substandard..

The graphics don't look great either.. It just has failure written all over it.

Personally I preferred Capcoms Final Fight over SoR.

sor stand to me as one of the worlds most over-rated series..It's just boring.

And Knuckles should be instead of Shadow.

it's not a sonic game just like smash bros isn't a mario game.. although i'll admit it looks it seeing as sonic is probably their only worthwhile character and sonic related characters.

edit: ah i see you meant SOR

it's going to be a bad game anyway pedro.. I know you're upset about it not being on-line but the fact it's on the 360 and ps3 indicated the motion controls will be tacked-on or substandard..

The graphics don't look great either.. It just has failure written all over it.

Let's wait until one of us has actually played it before deeming it the spawn of Satan.

Wii Sports didn't have online either, it's the way you play that counts (and the motion controls aren't 'tacked on'. The game isn't a GameCube port, it was made FOR the Wii). And are you joking about the graphics? They look superb!

Let's wait until one of us has actually played it before deeming it the spawn of Satan.

Wii Sports didn't have online either, it's the way you play that counts (and the motion controls aren't 'tacked on'. The game isn't a GameCube port, it was made FOR the Wii). And are you joking about the graphics? They look superb!

Lets be honest its most probably gonna be shit.

no im not going to wait to play it im sick of hearing that with games with sonic in it or sega games in general.. they are ALL failures until proving otherwise...otherwise you are just getting your hopes up for nothing.They have the ability to make a balls of games that are impossible to fuck up(see sonic the hedghehog gba)

wii sports is a free game that came WITH your wii. I never mentioned a thing about the gamecube but the fact it's also on 360 and ps3 and the controls have noted being shite indicated tacked on.. As far as im concerned the wii needs sole attension when it comes to creating games for it.this is why the best games for it are exclusive.

it's the way i play that counts? er ok i'll keep that in mind.

graphics are meh..looks very like super monkey ball wii. which isnot really a bad thing but that was a launch wii game. and a shit one at that.

sor stand to me as one of the worlds most over-rated series..It's just boring.

Then you must have an appauling attention span. I'd be surprised if you liked many games.