NEurope
Noku

Street Fighter IV

Dunno if this thread should really still be in the Wii section, realistically I don't think "SFIV" is ever coming to Wii. If there was ever anything it'd be a spin off.

It would work fine but WHY bring street figher 4 to the wii

There is no REAL reason.. Gamecube didnt even get any(and no snk vd capcom 2 doesnt count)

n64 got none either.

The fanbase isnt on wii. It woulnt be the BEST version and it would sell badly.. That's my opinion I think it's pointless

While I see the logic in your argument, there's no denying that some people don't have the resources to have several current-gen consoles (ie, moi), and that those people shouldn't be denied the right to play SFIV. I will support this statement by saying "NI!" for no particular reason (and apparently by farting in my own general direction as well).

While I see the logic in your argument, there's no denying that some people don't have the resources to have several current-gen consoles (ie, moi), and that those people shouldn't be denied the right to play SFIV. I will support this statement by saying "NI!" for no particular reason (and apparently by farting in my own general direction as well).

this is true but it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Wii gamers would benifit from either a brand new game(maybe a new alpha who knows) or something else..

Something which puts the wii and it's strengths into use.. As it stands though street fighter iv is almost Everything the wii is against.

It's too complex for even the wiimote and nunchuck.. it NEEDS classic controller or gamecube which not everybody has.

I haven't been following this thread at all really.. but what I will say is that instead of trying to get a traditional fighting game to work with the Wii controller it would be great if a beat-'em-up was designed specifically for the Wii to take advantage of the features it has..

Look at Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on the DS. It is nowhere near as good as what is available on other formats and clearly wasn't designed to take advantage of anything the DS has to offer (mainly the touch screen!) ..however, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 went a totally different direction! Konami didn't try to fit the Wii controller into, for example, the PS2 version but rather redesigned how to play football around the controller and pulled it off amazingly!

It would be great if there is a Street Fighter for the Wii.. but it doesn't have to be the same as other versions! They could come up with a totally different experience.. and anyway, just download Street Fighter II Turbo on the VC for your traditional fix :heh:

this is true but it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Wii gamers would benifit from either a brand new game(maybe a new alpha who knows) or something else..

Something which puts the wii and it's strengths into use.. As it stands though street fighter iv is almost Everything the wii is against.

It's too complex for even the wiimote and nunchuck.. it NEEDS classic controller or gamecube which not everybody has.

ok you go play your waggle mini-game collections while I wait for developers to finally see the wii isn't just a gimmick console

ok you go play your waggle mini-game collections while I wait for developers to finally see the wii isn't just a gimmick console

Try reading my post you tard.

Bundle it with TWO arcade controllers! Didn't see that one coming, did ya!

It can always plug into the back of the wiimote, or the wiimote could even be inserted into the controller, GHIII style. Bundling that game with a controller didn't do much to its sales, now did it?

At which point the game won't sell becuase of price. Even the cheap shitty arcade sticks cost £20 each so you'd be lucky to see a bundle under £70. How many people would honestly pay £70+ for Street Fighter?

There's also Capcom's point of view to take in to account. Is it really worth the time and resources to port this game to the Wii? Most publishers are asking this question at the moment and most are coming to the conclusion that a completely new game is a better investment.

Try reading my post you tard.

"putting the wii strengths to use" why would you need that for a two dimensional fighter game

Sorry if i sounded like a douche earlier but I want to play this game and I don't want, for the lack of better terms, stupid logic like "it doesn't play like other wii games" to stop it from being developed.

"putting the wii strengths to use" why would you need that for a two dimensional fighter game

Sorry if i sounded like a douche earlier but I want to play this game and I don't want, for the lack of better terms, stupid logic like "it doesn't play like other wii games" to stop it from being developed.

I want games on the wii to take advantage of it's features.. I;m sure streetfighter would make an ok game on wii but If i had a 360 or a ps3 then I would buy that version instead. The controllers are more suited to beat em ups,way better on-line and better graphics.. Not to mention that there hasnt been a proper nintendo estreet fighter game since 2 on the snes so.

If there was a new street fighter it should take advantage of the wiis possiblities.

why are we even complaining that it's not on wii?

i mean with resident evil 5 I can feel nintendo fan's pain.. With the series playing a big part on the gamecube and now switched to 360 and ps3. But with street fighter its pointless.. Its like being upset that metal gear solid 4 isnt on wii.

What makes you think it would sell well anyway?

If you want to play 4 so badly then buy a 360 or a ps3 and stop whinging.Also don't quote me on something I haven't said.

Still considering it...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10647

In yet another response to the question of whether Wii would see a version of Street Fighter 4; if it was to happen, it wouldn't be a Watered-Down effort.

From Vooks.net, in an interview, Capcom's Yoshinori Ono, the lead Producer of Street Fighter 4, had the following to say;

We’ve had a lot of requests for Street Fighter IV on Wii. Since it’s a 2D fighting game, it’s doable, but whether we’d try we don’t know. We’d have to see. If we can sell it, we might consider it.

Interestingly, he added that any potential Wii version wouldn't suddenly turn into a Pocket Fighter-Equivilant;

It would be a straight-forward Street Fighter IV—it wouldn’t be a kid’s version.

Not really a question that needs more answers, but would you like to see a version of SFIV on Wii? Have your say below.

Just do it!

I wouldnt mind another Pocket Fighter game, the first one on the Saturn and PSOne was an awesome little fighter.

I wouldnt mind another Pocket Fighter game, the first one on the Saturn and PSOne was an awesome little fighter.

Ah man, I've not played Pocket Fighter as far as I know, but Gem Fighters is SO good! :bowdown:

If it makes them money they will do it. Will it make them money when you can get it on XBRIX and PSTRII? Im not sure about that.

I have no idea why they think it wouldn't sell well.

Because I think a lot of gamers would rather buy it on 360/PS3 and they're worried that because of that, it wouldn't sell that much.

Because I think a lot of gamers would rather buy it on 360/PS3 and they're worried that because of that, it wouldn't sell that much.

Well they should look at Guitar Hero 3 sales and worry no more! Does anyone buy PS3 games, I thought people only brought PS3s as knock down price Blu Ray players lol

Well they should look at Guitar Hero 3 sales and worry no more! Does anyone buy PS3 games, I thought people only brought PS3s as knock down price Blu Ray players lol

But guitar hero fits in well with the Wii's target audience doesn't it? GH has always been the kind of game that casuals can come in and play. A fighting game with a hardcore following and lots of depth is something else altogether.

But guitar hero fits in well with the Wii's target audience doesn't it? GH has always been the kind of game that casuals can come in and play. A fighting game with a hardcore following and lots of depth is something else altogether.

But Good Hardcore games do sell well on the Wii. Each console has its Hardcore fans who will do their research and buy the good games. Each console also has its other users. On the Wii, this is casual gamers. On the HD consoles, this is Chavs and Fadders. The Crappy games, if they sell will sell to the other users who haven't done their research. Casual gamers will buy Casual games Crappy or otherwise, Chavs and fadders will buy more mature looking games, though not always good ones. This gives the Illusion that Hardcore games only sell on the HD consoles, but this isn't true. Its just Bad Hardcore games only sell well on the HD consoles. Street Fighter (from what I've heard) is a good game. Therefore it will probably sell well on the Wii.

But Good Hardcore games do sell well on the Wii. Each console has its Hardcore fans who will do their research and buy the good games. Each console also has its other users. On the Wii, this is casual gamers. On the HD consoles, this is Chavs and Fadders. The Crappy games, if they sell will sell to the other users who haven't done their research. Casual gamers will buy Casual games Crappy or otherwise, Chavs and fadders will buy more mature looking games, though not always good ones. This gives the Illusion that Hardcore games only sell on the HD consoles, but this isn't true. Its just Bad Hardcore games only sell well on the HD consoles. Street Fighter (from what I've heard) is a good game. Therefore it will probably sell well on the Wii.

Nicely formulated!

Ok, well they should take RE4 for example then! An amazing game, aimed at the 'hardcore' audience, on it's third release and sold 1.4 million copies! This rubbish that games either don't sell on Wii or that 'hardcore' games don;t sell on Wii has to stop.

The Wii has had 23 games that have sold over 1 million copies. 188 million Wii games have been sold so far.

The PS3 has 8 games that have sold over 1 million copies. 94 million PS3 games have been sold so far.

I would say the Wii is a safe bet!

Awesome, you hit the nail on the head there me lad!

Apologies if this has been posted before. Anyone know why this ain't coiming on the Wii? i knew Capcom and Nintendo had thier differences after the Snes but i assumed all was sorted by know.

er...lol.

have you seen the thing? the graphics and animation are insane. No chance of a wii release.

er...lol.

have you seen the thing? the graphics and animation are insane. No chance of a wii release.

.......no it's possible .. lol :)

er...lol.

Maybe not release the same version as you're seeing on other systems, but there are many ways around that. I mean, there's an Assassin's Creed on the DS, which was a game touted as the next big thing. It depends how far Capcom want to go in replicating the same experience for the Wii. It's possible, but it depends on effort.

I vaguely recall that Tony Hawk's American Sk8land took a vastly different approach on the DS to Wasteland on the other systems. It was cel-shaded. So, as long as Capcom want to bring Street Fighter 4 for the Wii, I believe they can in some form.