NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

Buy the 360 HD Drive + Get 5 FREE HD DVDS!

Remember this is Choze, he has an opinion on everything but never a valid one.

Transformers on HD DVD looks ace, I was lucky that it came out in Canada the day I was coming back from there so I picked it up in the airport. 7 hours later and I was at home watching it!

till the end of the year young Tellyn

Isn't it till the middle of January?

Isn't it till the middle of January?

Yeah... i just checked... and we are both wrong, its the end of January

I might actually have some money next week so I think I'll pick it up then!!

Was looking at the Gamefaqs forums, and saw Best Buy are doing a deal, Buy the HD DVD player and get Heroes season 1 HDDVD and 2 HDDVD's of your choice for free.

If we got a deal like that in the UK, I would not think twice about buying one.

Im pretty sure most reviews i've read say it isn't the worst, hardly the best either though. Picture quality is fine but it lacks options like slow, zoom etc. One bonus it has over Gen 1 HD DVD players is the loading times, they are almost non-existant on 360 wheras some early players took a while to load parts of the special features, menus etc.

In terms of quality its the worst player but yeah in access times its not so bad as its fast. Plus its a cheap add on. Doesnt do HD sound etc. PQ is so so for HDDVD. You get what you pay for here. Its not a bad stop gap solution if you dont mind spending that much.

In terms of quality its the worst player but yeah in access times its not so bad as its fast. Plus its a cheap add on. Doesnt do HD sound etc. PQ is so so for HDDVD. You get what you pay for here. Its not a bad stop gap solution if you dont mind spending that much.

If it doesnt do HD Sound how was I able to watch Transformers in Dolby Digital plus then?

It doesnt support Dolby True HD

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=910

Click the above link for differences.

To be fair I think it's the Xbox that can't do Dolby HD. If you use the xbox HD DVD drive in a computer you would be able to get Dolby HD. But yes, it is a cheap solution.

On the other hand. How many people have a dolby HD decoder in the first place?

Does anyone know if Die Hard 4.0 is coming out on HD DVD?

Nope, it's a Fox movie who only support Blu Ray. As for how good the HD-DVD drive is. It's pretty damn awesome for what it is. It's load speeds are the best, ok it doesn't do hd sound (not every HD-DVD does either, and little if no Blu Ray do) and it's picture quality is good.

Can someone with the drive tell me, if you've ever tried, if the HD-DVD player plays imported DVDs?

I know I'm not really thinking into it, but instead of just trying to work out/being explained could someone just try it and see if it works?

Ta.

It won't play any standard definition DVD. Or if you meant imported HD-DVD then yes, it will.

It won't play any standard definition DVD. Or if you meant imported HD-DVD then yes, it will.

Well then that sucks. Don't know if I watch DVDs enough to warrant a purchase.

Well then that sucks. Don't know if I watch DVDs enough to warrant a purchase.

Just play Standard Definition DVDs through the 360 itself........... :blank:

Thats funny, I watched lost through my hd-dvd player yesterday. good source phee.:heh::smile:

Sign in to follow this