NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

According to 1up, this is coming to PS3, 360 and PC (wtf) at the end of the year. Excellent!

Yeah, PC was pretty obvious. The arcade board that the game runs on is basically a PC anyway.

This is gonna be epic! When's it out? End of the year?

I can't believe there's a new Street Fighter and a new Soul Calibur in the same year! :D

New Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34663.html

Still think this is one ugly looking game!

That is because its very old footage with Street Fighter 2 gameplay and Faith no More.

"HEY YOU REMEMBER STREET FIGHTER TWO RIGHT? WELL GET READY FOR STREET FIGHTER FOUR! WHAT HAPPENED TO STREET FIGHTER THREE YOU SAY? WE FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT JUST LIKE STREET FIGHTER ONE"

New "vengeance" trailer looks great, although the character animations look a bit stiff and not as fluid as in the SF3 series, and I'm still bummed out about the lack of more than one special per character.

and I'm still bummed out about the lack of more than one special per character.

Thats for real? :shakehead Aww man, this is sounding (and looking) more like a de-evolution of the series. I mean WHY do that? Speaking as a ken fan, I like his triple Shoryuken special as much as I like his rising Shoryuken special as much as I LOVE his kicking special...So, basically, WTF.

>(

Also I want cammy's Killerbee Assault back.

His Jinrai special is by far the most useful, since a maxed out meter lets you do it three times in a match. It's a total lifesaver in SF3. SF4 also looks far too slow at the moment.

Deshiken:

And of course, the infamous Daigo moment:

SF4 just doesn't look as anywhere near as fun to watch.

New "vengeance" trailer looks great, although the character animations look a bit stiff and not as fluid as in the SF3 series, and I'm still bummed out about the lack of more than one special per character.

Super and Ultra Moves

Super moves will return in Street Fighter IV, however, the team is still undecided on how to implement them. Currently, the team is considering three options, the first being similar to Super Street Fighter II Turbo where each character has one set super (this is the option the game is currently using), the second is based on the Street Fighter Alpha series where characters have multiple supers (but without the Alpha series' multilevel chargeable supers) and the third follows Street Fighter III where the players choose which super they want to use for their character before the match.

In addition to the series staple Super Moves (since Super Street Fighter II Turbo), the game will also feature Ultra Moves. Ultra Moves are performed by performing a character's Super move but executing it with 2 attack buttons (much like an EX Special move). The Ultra is a long and cinematic move featuring a lengthy combination of punches, kicks, etc. Along with the regular Super moves, the Ultra will be the only time wherein the camera will break from its normal fixed position to offer a more dynamic, cinematic view of the action.

Saving System (Focus Attacks)

The system that has been referred to as "Saving" for the time being, but will be renamed "Focus" for North America, is a new system that is being introduced in SFIV. The system features a four-segment "Revenge" gauge that builds up as the character takes damage. A player can use one segment of the gauge in combat by simultaneously pressing both medium punch and medium kick to unleash a special attack that will deal instant damage and render the opponent immobile for a short time. The buttons can also be held down and charged to unleash a devastating unblockable attack at the cost of 3/4s of the full "Revenge" gauge. The gauge can also be used to fuel EX Specials—stronger versions of regular special moves—at the cost of one stock of the gauge. Both the Saving/Focus move and EX Specials can be "canceled" by dashing towards the opponent (the move will still be performed and will still do damage however), this dash can again be "canceled" by performing another EX Special or Saving/Focus move, this however will require pinpoint timing so that only skilled players may execute this kind of combo.

Ono has stated that this system was incorporated in order to shift the emphasis away from combos and toward a more realistic system he has compared to boxing, in which "the skill is in reading your opponent's move before he starts moving ... We haven't forgotten about combos and linked moves, but saving makes it so that you have to read your opponent."

The system aims to make ground attacks as viable a way of approaching opponents as jumping was in previous games. The saving system is a core part of Street Fighter IV's gameplay and will continue to evolve as the game is developed.

Street Fighter IV will feature online gaming and is the fifth game in the series to do so (the first four being Super Street Fighter II X—Grand Master Challenge for Matching Service which was only released in Japan for the Sega Dreamcast, the Xbox version of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, the Xbox Live Arcade version of Street Fighter II′ Turbo: Hyper Fighting and the latest being Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3). Unlike other games such as Virtua Fighter 5 or Tekken 6, Street Fighter IV will reportedly not feature any item collection or customization. Producer Ono is also looking into the possibility of utilizing microtransactions for future downloadable content updates which might include new characters and stages, however, he stated that the final decision for that would be up to Capcom as a whole.

His Jinrai special is by far the most useful, since a maxed out meter lets you do it three times in a match. It's a total lifesaver in SF3. SF4 also looks far too slow at the moment.

Deshiken:

And of course, the infamous Daigo moment:

SF4 just doesn't look as anywhere near as fun to watch.

Ahhhhhh, watching those was like a quick fix...SF3 rules. Thing with SF4 is that it reminds me too much of the EX series, which I hate with a passion (Skullomania + Volcano Rosso = Brrr....).

Emphasis should not be put on 3D visuals; show me some skillful HD 2D stuff Capcom, maybe even cel-shading would have done the trick - something vibrant, flairy, full of SF character and online. ;D. Seeing Ken do the V-sign with his SF4 counterpart doesn't quiet feel the same as in anime form. :/

Excuse me, but this game looks fucking outstanding.

Agreed. Looking forward to it! Think I'll pick up the PS3 version. I think this is a game I'd want to play using the Dpad.

Only thing I want is Ken with long hair and multiple specials, and I'll be the happiest guy on the planet.

Excuse me, but this game looks fucking outstanding.

Agreed...what a great year for fighters this is turning out to be.

Does anyone know anything about Capcom releasing a controller for the 360 to coincide with the release of SSF2THDR?

My brother was on Capcom's official forums the other night and apparently a Capcom employee told everyone not to invest in Arcade Sticks or 3rd party controllers because they have something planned to help with people complaining about the 360s D-pad (no mention of anything happening on PS3) so I assume there will be some sort of 6-Button pad being released with a better D-pad?

I'm looking forward to this game. I'm obviously a bit saddened by the lack of a parry system, but overall I think the game looks pretty darn good fun.