NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

Updated Info

Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

- Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans.

- Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

- The look is not really similiar to the teaser trailer. A "cartoon-shaded style that manages to evoke SF II reimagined in 3d"

- runs in 60FPS

- Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

- camera doesn't budge

- Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

- Takes place after SFII Turbo and before SF III

- Controls are traditional- "in its current early state, the game feels remarkably close to Super SFII Turbo"

- Game is more aggressive- more about attacking than defending. Many of the SF III and Alpha gameplay systems have been scrapped.

- Producer says they haven't decided what platforms or even if there will be an arcade version. Version Shane played was running on a P.C

- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

- Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible"

this game looks really good its a 2.5 d game not like naruto where run around the screen i think this game when you fight its like 2d but when doing some special combos or special attacks counter attacks the camera switches i really hope they dont mess this game up like the Ex games in my opinion Third strike is the best street fighter game there is

Sounds good to me, can't wait to see how it turns out!

this game looks really good its a 2.5 d game not like naruto where run around the screen i think this game when you fight its like 2d but when doing some special combos or special attacks counter attacks the camera switches i really hope they dont mess this game up like the Ex games in my opinion Third strike is the best street fighter game there is

Grammar?

Also, Ex was made by someone else. Capcom had very little to do with the game.

Sounds better.

2D Gameplay so there you go, the fighting stays 2d, just with a different art style.

Online and microtransactions tell me 360/ps3/maybe PC. Possibly arcade version too (not like that'll apply to us saps in the UK who only get arcades at the seaside and major city centres).

WELL, EDIT: Other consoles are a maybe but without the online and microtranses. They might even try and get some help for N Wi-Fi.

- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

- Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible"

That makes me believe they will put it on every system out there

Sounds interesting, but I hope that in the focus on offensive, they don't scrap any counter or parry system altogether; I mean, SF2 is out there, and they shouldn't try to make a 3D update, every new generation of SF has been about something totally new, with Alpha, it was the custom combos, with 3 it was the parrying/ further developed cancel system. They have yet to specify exactly what new addition this game will bring. This guy helmed Alpha and New Generation though, so I know it's in the best of hands. Just get the fucking graphics sorted!

I'm really quite happy with how Street Fighter 3: Third Strike looks in all honesty, I wish they would just get a big ol' team of skilled 2D artists and keep the same art direction.. I still play it to this day

There are two meters:

- The Revenge Meter, which builds up by getting hit.

- The Super Meter, which we will assume builds up by attacking.

The Revenge Meter:

- The Revenge Meter is made up of four sections.

- There are 3 uses for the Revenge Meter; they are EX moves, Saving Strikes, and an unblockable attack (I didn't catch the name of the unblockable).

- EX moves act just like in SFIII. They cost one section. They can be canceled with a forward, or backward, dash.

- Saving Strikes are executed with HP+HK. They cost one section. They are invincible. They can be canceled with a forward, or backward, dash.

- The unblockable move is done by charging a Saving Strike. It cost three sections. It is invincible.

The Super Meter:

- It is to be assumed that there is one section in the Super Meter.

- Currently every character has one super. Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken, for example, is done the same way as in ST. It uses the Super Meter.

- An Ultra is performed by doing the super motion with two buttons. The Ultra cost the Super Meter as well as one section of the Revenge Meter. It is longer than normal supers, and include dramatic camera angles.

Taunt:

- Taunts are performed by pressing MP+MK

Throw:

- Throws are performed by pressing LP+LK

Quick Rise:

- Performed by pressing...I forget, but I think it is down+P+K as you hit the ground.

Oh cripes, that sounds hot. The only thing that worries me is the whole "one super" thing. If Ken's super is Shoryuu-Reppa rather than Shippu-Jinrai, then I'm not going to be happy. No sir. And if that's the case, Ryu won't have Shin-Shoryuken either, which would suck as it's the most kick ass super ever.

I heard one is coming early january but i think this game looks awesome too bad its set before 3rd strike :(

I hope it has some actual info rather than speculative poo. EDGE is a quality publication though, so it should be alright.

Ryu won't have Shin-Shoryuken either, which would suck as it's the most kick ass super ever.

For real? I remember pulling that off in Alpha 3 and it was pretty weak, was there some sort of secret to unlocking its power or something?

The Shin-Shoryuken in SF3: Third Strike was by far one of the most powerful moves in the game.

It was stupid powerful, not to mention awesome looking. Screen-zooomage!

Yeah, if you cancel into it from a fierce punch, it takes off over half the opponents life gauge, not to mention that there is a window for attack as they're coming down. It's range is pretty weak though, if you don't get it from right up in their face, Ryu does a weakened version.

Here you go: This guy uses the Shin Shoryuken special really well

For real? I remember pulling that off in Alpha 3 and it was pretty weak, was there some sort of secret to unlocking its power or something?

No there wasn't even for a level 3 it was incredibly weak i think there is reasoning behind it being weak in alpha and so power in SF3.

Basically ryu was a master of the ha do ken while ken was a master of the sho ryu ken, as you probably know ryu trains everyday to become a better fighter where as ken is just a show off, i personally believe that in 3rd strike ryu mastered the sho ryu ken and go to a level of power beyond ken.

Just my opinion of course.

It's also absolute bullshit. Each of Ken's Shoryuken's does more damage than Ryu's equivalents, added to that is the fact that you can actually hit the opponent with two consecutive weak shoryuken's before he hits the ground, cancelling into it from a close strong/fierce punch combo is hilariously powerful. Ken >>>>>>> Ryu.

Do you seriously think that the "story" has any bearing on the character's in game fighting ability?

As stated above I actually prefer Ken the most. He seems to have the speed and that final kicking combo is ace...when it hits.