NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

sf4.jpg

Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.

Trailer.

Youtube

Wallpaper

5ad1c52beo4.jpg

Hehe...

HEHEH :D

YES.

YES A NEW STREET FIGHTER! HOLY SHIT :D!!!

Yeah okay, i don't care if thats not gameplay footage, that was a damn nice looking trailer.

about time!!

Street Figher III: Third Strike is superb but I want a new game. Hope it gets released on arcade first for few months then on all consoles.

:o:O:O:O:O:O

Oh fuck yeah!

Better be 360, if not i'm DEFINITELY buying a PS3.

I swear i just heard the sounds of The Bard exploding.

1UP

As Capcom's media event gets started overseas, the company has already dropped one spectacularly major, but long awaited, announcement by revealing Street Fighter IV is currently in development. Capcom's community website has been counting down for over a week now, as gamers have speculated over what could be such a big deal.

The short teaser is nothing more than some Ryu and Ken stylized artwork of them fighting, with no word on what platforms the game is coming to or a projected release date. Clearly, Capcom is strictly teasing at this point.

Of all games, Street Fighter IV is probably worthy of such a countdown, considering Capcom released the original iteration of Street Fighter III back in 1997. A few months later came 2nd Impact: Giant Attack, which tweaked the gameplay and introduced two new characters, eventually followed up by 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future, bringing back Chun-Li and an addition four new characters, in 1999.

Unfortunately, we don't know anything more than that, and any impressions or announcements from the event are embargoed until later this week. Until then, let the speculation begin on what Capcom's bringing to the table in their latest numbered sequel in the Street Fighter series.

Whoa, best game-related news ive heard in recent memory!

Im guessing this will be 360/PS3 affair. Either way im happily forced to buy another console

It could possibly be on the Wii, it'd probably me celver in Japan. If it's 2d.

I'm betting 360/ps3 for a game like this though.

Also, the font looks like the Mario Strikers font..

Excellent.

Hard to think much until I see a screen though.

Still, a 4th Street Fighter is not something I expected. Without a silly title too, so I will rename it, Street Fighter Ultimate Hyper Champion Adventure Magic Bear Edition.

How will they advance the series, apart from pretty sprites. Does it need advancing?

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this news!!! It was Street Fighter IV and Shenmue III that I thought I would never see. And you would never guess that I LOVE Street Fighter :heh: <<<

In an ideal world SFIV would be announced for Dreamcast - the home of the 2D beat 'em up. But 360 will do just fine. The only thing that would make this shite would be if Capcom made it in 3D. If there is a God please don't let them do it - Street Fighter IV MUST be in 2D.

I'm off for a lie down - be still my beating heart:heart:

OH YEAH! Awesome News! :grin:

I never expected this! :D

I love Street Fighter! :) The Video (although not showing the game) was Great!

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this news!!! It was Street Fighter IV and Shenmue III that I thought I would never see. And you would never guess that I LOVE Street Fighter :heh: <<<

In an ideal world SFIV would be announced for Dreamcast - the home of the 2D beat 'em up. But 360 will do just fine. The only thing that would make this shite would be if Capcom made it in 3D. If there is a God please don't let them do it - Street Fighter IV MUST be in 2D.

I'm off for a lie down - be still my beating heart:heart:

Hell yeah a Dreamcast version would be amazing. I hope 360 gets a Hori Arcade stick now. Playing SF with that Pad is hard work.

Another thought just entered my mind-blown... mind is that even if SFIV turns out a bit pants then at least we can be safe in the knowledge that there will be updates of the game afterwards. Please let Cammy be in SFIV. even if I have to wait for IV ver.3 she has to be there!!!:bowdown:

Just to show what i mean by the fonts:

MarioStrikers_big_378090.jpg

sf4.jpg

'cept street fightyer's is more jaggedy, it just reminded me of it in my head.

Haha. The good times keep rollin. Thank fuck for my DOA arcade stick too, this is gonna be sweet. Still more than a year away though apparently, hope they keep parries in, bring back the old fighters make movement a bit more fluid and expand the stages. Oh and I need more cancels to learn for Ken!!.

*Goes and practices 3rd strike some more*

Wait, the question on my mind is will this be 2D or 3D. I mean if they leave it 2D (which of course everyone here would agree with me that is the best choice) then surely it won't sell that well if they're trying to re-invent the series or something.

Wait, the question on my mind is will this be 2D or 3D. I mean if they leave it 2D (which of course everyone here would agree with me that is the best choice) then surely it won't sell that well if they're trying to re-invent the series or something.

:blank:

They could change nothing and it would still sell bucket loads.