NEurope

uuurgh.

...i woke up this morning randomly at 8am, i went to bed with a cold and woke up with a cold and a sore throat and a thumping headache >__> but i was quite happy to find jamba online :grin: after chatting for a while i felt a bit better, so i tried to get some more sleep before i went to work...

i wasnt feeling good at all - but i went to work without calling in sick!!! *go me!!* but as soon as i arrived the school director took one look at me and was like "AWW HELL NO.." and called for a sub to come cover my shift. hehe.. it was nice of her to look after me like that!! i hardly had any lessons booked though... so it wasnt much of a problem for them..

unfortunately, the sub couldnt get there in time for my kids class... so i had to dose myself up with caffeine mints and go for it!! i got through ok... the kids are soooo cute... i taught them some colours and classroom objects and "hello, my name is ~" stuff, and to do the "rock on" \m/ sign with their hands and shout "got it!!!" when they've found their homework page ~ nyahahaha! :laughing:

but now i'm home and feeling pretty naff... tomorrow is my day off though... so i've got time to look after myself. ^________^

Why the fuck (I'm sorry for the swearing that may occur in this post, but I'm so angry) do bad things happen to good people? It's just not fair. :(

I got an email this morning from the parents of my old mate back in Cambridge. She died in hospital on saturday night:(. She was in a car crash (The same fucking thing happened to another of my old mates last year, I made a thread about it. This is now both of my old best mates, gone.) She'd recently found me on facebook and I chatted to her on msn alot about old times. I can't believe it, I don't understand why all this is happening.

I had two best friends during my time in Cambridge, and now they're both gone; forever. I was sat in college at break, when a "friend" came in and started insulting me about something that happend on saturday night (some joke thing) and I almost burst into tears. I walked out of college and came home and just hugged my mum and cried for about 10 minutes. I hadn't told her what had happened because I knew with all the crap going on at the moment it would just make things worse. Now I feel even more terrible, because I've made someone else feel bad.

I don't know what to do in all honesty. I have a crapload of work to do, and I just think "what's the point?". If something like that can happen to two good people in such a short space of time, then whats the point in even trying anymore? :(

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make such a long post.

Why the fuck (I'm sorry for the swearing that may occur in this post, but I'm so angry) do bad things happen to good people? It's just not fair. :(

I got an email this morning from the parents of my old mate back in Cambridge. She died in hospital on saturday night:(. She was in a car crash (The same fucking thing happened to another of my old mates last year, I made a thread about it. This is now both of my old best mates, gone.) She'd recently found me on facebook and I chatted to her on msn alot about old times. I can't believe it, I don't understand why all this is happening.

I had two best friends during my time in Cambridge, and now they're both gone; forever. I was sat in college at break, when a "friend" came in and started insulting me about something that happend on saturday night (some joke thing) and I almost burst into tears. I walked out of college and came home and just hugged my mum and cried for about 10 minutes. I hadn't told her what had happened because I knew with all the crap going on at the moment it would just make things worse. Now I feel even more terrible, because I've made someone else feel bad.

I don't know what to do in all honesty. I have a crapload of work to do, and I just think "what's the point?". If something like that can happen to two good people in such a short space of time, then whats the point in even trying anymore? :(

Awk Josh mate, you always have it so rough....

So many bad things happen to you and your just such a good person :(

I hope things get better soon.

uuurgh.

...i woke up this morning randomly at 8am, i went to bed with a cold and woke up with a cold and a sore throat and a thumping headache >__> but i was quite happy to find jamba online :grin: after chatting for a while i felt a bit better, so i tried to get some more sleep before i went to work...

i wasnt feeling good at all - but i went to work without calling in sick!!! *go me!!* but as soon as i arrived the school director took one look at me and was like "AWW HELL NO.." and called for a sub to come cover my shift. hehe.. it was nice of her to look after me like that!! i hardly had any lessons booked though... so it wasnt much of a problem for them..

unfortunately, the sub couldnt get there in time for my kids class... so i had to dose myself up with caffeine mints and go for it!! i got through ok... the kids are soooo cute... i taught them some colours and classroom objects and "hello, my name is ~" stuff, and to do the "rock on" \m/ sign with their hands and shout "got it!!!" when they've found their homework page ~ nyahahaha! :laughing:

but now i'm home and feeling pretty naff... tomorrow is my day off though... so i've got time to look after myself. ^________^

Hope you feel better real soon! :(

How awful. :(

I have an interview in ten minutes. WISH ME LUCK.

How did it go?

At the moment my day has been alright. Finish work in two hours. :)

I've been calculating how much the removal of the 10p tax band will cost me...

Its not pretty.

What is the 10p tax band? What does it all mean Basil?

*sigh*

Until this month, if you earned less than £18K (i'm on 17Kish) you only paied 10p per pound you earn on tax. Now, you'll pay 20p if you earn under that much.

So, a hell of alot of people (my self included) who are single with no children and under 65 are now paying much more in tax.

*sigh*

Until this month, if you earned less than £18K (i'm on 17Kish) you only paied 10p per pound you earn on tax. Now, you'll pay 20p if you earn under that much.

So, a hell of alot of people (my self included) who are single with no children and under 65 are now paying much more in tax.

Your kidding right? o_o

*curses*

I sometimes think us single workers suffer the most.

Tip: Don't vote labour for the next election...

Theres been a huge up-roar about this, like massive. I don't know how people on here don't keep up with current affairs.

Well so much for sorting out the distribution of wealth. This government sucks.

The other choices aren't much better though, in my opinion anyway.

My day has been ok, waiting for the girlfriend to come round >_>

*sigh*

So you pay more for earning less money?

It´s like common sense but backwards...

It´s like common sense but backwards...

Well you pay more tax over certain brackets.

I think if you earn above 34k you pay 40%

My da earns that sort of money at his job, and sometimes he does less overtime to fit under the bracket, and ends up making more money... Sensical?

Thats the jist of it. The government twists it again by saying we'll get money back in another way like benefits.

But what if you don't qualify for them? Then what? Food prices are going up and every month i have no money to save (although i'll be honest, i do buy alot of excess).

Thats the jist of it. The government twists it again by saying we'll get money back in another way like benefits.

But what if you don't qualify for them? Then what? Food prices are going up and every month i have no money to save (although i'll be honest, i do buy alot of excess).

Lets face it, you aren't going to win saving either these days, there isnt really much to be made by savings other than tax free ISA's..

:(

Well I read the article on BBC...although it only said losses could be £232 or something.

Meh, its still bad news.

That's what I've been telling everyone for ages now. :shakehead

It's absolutely ridiculous, I really don't know what was going through their minds when they came up with this idea. Low-earners are going to be earning even less now

I think if you earn above 34k you pay 40%

It's something like that, but you don't actually pay 40% on all the money you earn. You pay 40% on the money you earn which is over 34k.

I don't know what all the bands are but it works something like this.

Under 17k - 10p / £1 on all the money you earn.

17k - 23k - 20p / £1 on the money which is in that bracket.

23k - 30k - 30p / £1 on all the money which is in that bracket

The numbers are just made up as I don't have a clue what they are but that's the jist of it. As Raining_again said, sometimes its worthwhile not working as much as you normally do will get you more money at the end of the day.

That's what I've been telling everyone for ages now. :shakehead

It's absolutely ridiculous, I really don't know what was going through their minds when they came up with this idea. Low-earners are going to be earning even less now

It's something like that, but you don't actually pay 40% on all the money you earn. You pay 40% on the money you earn which is over 34k.

I don't know what all the bands are but it works something like this.

Under 17k - 10p / £1 on all the money you earn.

17k - 23k - 20p / £1 on the money which is in that bracket.

23k - 30k - 30p / £1 on all the money which is in that bracket

The numbers are just made up as I don't have a clue what they are but that's the jist of it. As Raining_again said, sometimes its worthwhile not working as much as you normally do will get you more money at the end of the day.

Sounds about right. My dad pays more tax than I earn some months (we are talking just into 4 figure sums here). Its really quite shocking, and blatantly unfair on the folk that hit just over the quoted money.

@ jordan ~ yeah i'm really enjoying it... apart from this one kids class of older boys on saturdays... but hopefully i can whip 'em into shape now i know they're little bastards... i'm going in prepared next time :grin:

@ hayz ~ thanks!! actually since posting that my joints have started to ache and i think i have a bit of a fever... i'm feeling pretty dizzy right now... i guess i have the flu >___>

off to bed goes bluey @___@!!

Theres been a huge up-roar about this, like massive. I don't know how people on here don't keep up with current affairs.

Yep, looks like it could destroy the party. Dear god though, don't vote Tory, they'll just be the same but worse.