NEurope

Sorted my room out today, well half of it anyway. Got rid of a bag of stuff for the garbage dump, recycling plant and the charity shop(s). Still got a bit to go through as well. Probably got a few more bags to fill as well. Got stacks of old Nintendo mags, all for the recycling. Also found the old Norton disks as well, which are smashed to bits.

I think I'm having one of those months where shit is finally falling into place. I finally got round to decorating my room, booked my driving test (although thats for May) and now I've got an interview in London tomorrow.

I'm excited and shit scared about the interview, I emailed the company months ago about a job and they got back to me last week about a similar job, but not the one I applied for. I could probably do the job but not without some training, I even told the bloke in the email I've not got much experience in that area but he still thinks I'm a strong candidate so I'm just going to roll with it and see what they say tomorrow.

Sounds good, Ramar. If they know your situation they must be pretty keen to have you on board. Hope it all goes well - what's the job?

Sounds good' date=' Ramar. If they know your situation they must be pretty keen to have you on board. Hope it all goes well - what's the job?[/quote']

They want me to do level scripting, though I applied for gameplay programming.

Sounds good, go with whatever you can, even if you can't do it, its an experince and will help for others! ^_^

I can't decide who is more odious and dislikeable, Richard Dawkins, or Jean-Francois Lacan. I puke bile.

Anyway, having a cozy day, found some awfully cheesy power ballad backing tracks on youtube, and am having so much fun soloing along to them. Now I understand why being in The Darkness would have been the best job ever.

Sounds good, go with whatever you can, even if you can't do it, its an experince and will help for others! ^_^

Yeah definitely, thats basically been my thoughts about it. It can't harm me to go and speak to them, if I don't get it I can learn from the experience. This being the first interview and positive response I've had from a company since graduating last July.

That's cool man. Good to see you're making progress.

Which company is it with?

Good luck with everything Ramar :)

Speaking of jobs applied for two retail jobs today. Urgh. Not looking forward to the summer. Is it weird the best possible outcome would be to work 7 days a week? I just need to horde money and I'll be fine.

Also realised today I had completely forgotten about the existence of my father for the best part of a week. Oops?

I'd actually quite like to work in a shop for the summer, always look back on my retail days with fond memories.

Not a great day for me, couldn't find out anything about my car so I'm pretty much resigned to the fact it's going to be written off. Based on the likely payout I'll get I won't be able to afford to replace it either, brilliant. My only real hope is that my Dad still has a bit of money packed away and we can buy the car and get it repaired ourselves, not ideal but could be the only option I have. Godamnit.

To make matters worse, I got home today and met the new tenants downstairs (some nice girls as it happens so not all bad) but the landlord in all their wisdom has said they can park outside the flat, which would be fine, but theres only one space which I use. Even if I do get my car back its going to be a pain in the backside if I'm fighting for a space to park it all of the time.

Add to all of this the fact I'm going through a breakup and being sued by the idiot that crashed into me (wtf) and it's generally a very low point at the moment.

I think I need to have a few beers.

I think its mostly the loss of weekends and the likely reduction to minimum wage. I like being on £8.something an hour!

Sorry to hear about how shit things have been going lately though :(

Understandable issues! Thankyou, luckily I have located a flatmate so I'm off to drown my sorrows. :)

A few days ago, I had to photoshop a new body onto a kid because he was in a bit of a camp pose (knelt down in front of one girl, with his elbow on another girl next to him. He also had a limp wrist thing going on with his hand) and some of his lovely school buddies took the piss out of him for it. I think it took me the best part of an hour to change due to him various things overlapping and being a pain. Today I got a nice thank you card from the parent of the child, which was unexpected and awesome.

What the hell kind of useless insurance pay out doesn't cover the cost of replacing it?

Setting off to Dublin tomorrow at 5am :) Back in a few days, how will you cope without me?

Answer: Well

It seems that the National Wage increase has changed from April to October since I last looked. The main thing was the age (they're changing the higher limit from 22 to 21). Still, it only affects just over a week of pay for me so it's not too bad.

I've also got two days left in work before I'm off for a week (visiting my family in Wales), so I'll be able to play Layton and Picross 3D on my sister's DS (hopefully she isn't too busy with the game I recommended for her birthday - Super Princess Peach).

Today, I finally came to the realisation that I'm being shafted and that it has to stop. 8 months ago when I started working I thought I could put up with a few nights of extra time to get the shop on its feet. It wasn't going to be something that happened often by any means, after a while I'd be working a normal day like everybody else. Fast forward to present day where I've been asked to do 4 hours unpaid overtime tomorrow and I'm not having any of it. I said I wasn't going to and he's told me I am. He wants me in at 8am when I'm meant to start at 12 tomorrow. Usually I'd agree and sweep it under the carpet but tomorrow I'm turning up at 12 and speaking to HR in the hours before. It's making me depressed and constantly angry, and I can't keep going like this.

My main concern is finding work elsewhere. I remember what it was like for the 6 months when I was job-seeking, it was horrible, but at least I wasn't getting bullied daily. I need out, and fast.

You can't get fired for not working unpaid overtime. But I suggest making a complaint higher up and getting out quickly!

Bleh, bit naffed off today, next door are just doing my head in and yes I could call 101 the non-emergency number but it doesn't seem to do fuck all and I will continously still here them screaming, loud music/loud tv, right now I can actually hear them talking word for word. I'm not sure if thats because they are too loud or this house has too thinner walls or both.

I'm trying to stay positive and realise this is only for another 2 months, but by god I've put up with noisy neighbours since July, if I get this in my next flat I'm quitting uni and going home, I am that grouchy.

:(

What the hell kind of useless insurance pay out doesn't cover the cost of replacing it?

Basically I'm getting fucked at both ends. The policy will cover the value of the car, the big problem is I have to effectively pay the depreciation and the loan off after one year instead of the planned three. It's the main thing I'm pissed off about, through no fault of my own I'm losing a chunk of money plus my car, and worst of all I totally understand why it's happening.

At the end of the day things aren't that bad, I still have it much better than most and I fully intend to maximise that. It's still a shitter though, but what can you do? Things will take their course and we'll see what happens :smile:

At least I'm drunk.

Dyson,

That sounds crappy but at least you seem to have a plan of action of where you want things to go. Once your set in motion I think things should work out ok.

nightwolf,

God noisy neighbours are pretty much the worst thing you can possibly come up against. I really hope you get a decent place sorted out when you move again. It would be a real shame to have to give up uni over it - you should do everything you possibly can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Hope it works out well for both of you.

Today I met a girl called Issy and she's very very pretty.

Today I met a girl called Issy and she's very very pretty.

Good times!

nightwolf' date='

God noisy neighbours are pretty much the worst thing you can possibly come up against. I really hope you get a decent place sorted out when you move again. It would be a real shame to have to give up uni over it - you should do everything you possibly can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Hope it works out well for both of you.[/quote']

Thankyou, I'm just incredibly grouchy and tired, originally they were quiet, but the other side were noisy for months and that finally got sorted. Then I find out we have drug drealers next door possibly committing murder (that guy later died) and then some of them got to move back in and have caused me issues all over again. I've got 8 weeks until I go home for download and then I'll be moving out.

I'm tired of staying up til gone 3am just so I don't have to have my tv on to sleep.

Daft: Ooo are you going to go 'after' Issy?

Good times!

Indeed. Sorry to hear that you're having a shit day. Swings and roundabouts!! :)

Daft: Ooo are you going to go 'after' Issy?

I dunno. I sensed we had good eye contact...if you know what I mean. :heh:

I dunno. I sensed we had good eye contact...if you know what I mean. :heh:

Oooooo! ^_^

Or...it could just be me misreading everything! :heh:

I guess we'll see.