NEurope

I happen to love Dutch. I watched Zwartboek and was like....just yes.

Well technically I speak Flemish, which in my opinion sounds a bit nicer than Dutch (at least the way I speak it, not those silly people living near the coast, their dialect is horrible). =P

Sooooo stressed. Have another presentation in front of the jury next week and I don't feel like I have anything to show. So I'm somehow gonna have to work my ass off to get at least a few illustrations done, and part of my dissertation too.

And all I really want to do is sit outside in the sun...

Went to college this afternoon after spending the morning taking photos. Didn't actually talk to my tutor about my work, but being there helped solidify my ideas a bit. Also talked to the other two tutors about my Kingston interview.

I was stunned by a playlist of Britney Spears remixes I made. Come on Diplo.

Also Martha and Rufus Wainwright have been coming from my speakers a fair bit since Tuesday. I'm such a fan, but feel like I don't know anything they're telling me, or that I haven't been listening.

So y'all remember how I filmed that thing at work, and nearly lost pay rise but had my bonus cut in half for two years. Well this was the second year that they cut my bonus.

Cept' they totally forgot to cut it this year. I'm not in a hurry to point out their mistake. :p

Not only that but we got told our redundancy amount today. Come June I'll be jobless (bad) but I hated it (good) and £6737 better off.

Not ONLY THAT, but we also got told that basically we'll be dual running with the Bristol contact centre starting from really soon, like as soon as next week, so its gradually going to get less busy and less busy.

Win. Like...genuine win.

Today was too good. Tomorrow will be worse due to my massive fear of the dentist and me needing fillings tomorrow. :(

Good times ReZ, Drinks are on you at the meet then?

I feel awful today, came home at 4 and now I'm just lying about watching TV and eating snacks. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

So y'all remember how I filmed that thing at work, and nearly lost pay rise but had my bonus cut in half for two years. Well this was the second year that they cut my bonus.

What did you film at work?

What did you film at work?

Drunk quiz night. I then put the banks logo on the video. Lol. :D

In fact, I have got the notes that the manager wrote (they watched the video and took down notes). The notes include "Rape - just surprise sex.

Tom - the other one. cock sucking lips."

And other such amazing things. I'll be uploading it in June. :)

JUST GOT ACCEPTED ONTO THE MASTERS THAT I WANT TO DO!!!

all i need is a 2:2.... hopefully ill get that :p

no interviews or portfolios or anythin... woopee :)

Started my first of 5 ESSAYS OF EVIL!!!!

700 words done, 16000 to go...

WOE!

Holy fuck that's insane. I'm glad I didn't choose and essay heavy degree, I hate writing essays. Good luck with that!

Got a calculus exam tomorrow morning, and I've left it until now to learn how to derive the rate laws even though it'd be much simpler if we were allowed to just memorise the integrated forms and use that, but no! I'm doing that anyway and making up fake working out so it makes it seem like I've done it. Overall I'm pretty indifferent anyway, the majority is easy.

Think I've lost my pencil case, bad times :( I liked that little fella. I'll get me a nice shiny new one to make up for it.

Went on another insane-o run. I probably shouldn't be doing them on coffee and an ibuprofen, but again, indifference. I've lost a lot of weight, but my BMI's still in the healthy range so all's cool.

Home tomorrow night as well, whoopee!

Holy fuck that's insane. I'm glad I didn't choose and essay heavy degree, I hate writing essays. Good luck with that!

Cheers!

Four of the essays I am pretty happy doing. The Religion one I have to do, why did I pick that module!?!, is just 5000 words of bastard. I just don't even want to do it on and I generally have no idea.

I'm aiming to get Firsts on four of them. Got two Firsts out of four in the first term, four out of five this term? Fingers mega crossed.

Four of the essays I am pretty happy doing. The Religion one I have to do, why did I pick that module!?!, is just 5000 words of bastard. I just don't even want to do it on and I generally have no idea.

What's the essay on? I'd happily pitch a few ideas, I know quite a bit about that kinda thing (and no, I won't just rant...).

Finished two pieces of coursework today, BAM! Only one (a poxy 2,000 word health and safety essay) and a two lab's to go before the holidays, after this weekend, life's gonna be good.

What's the essay on? I'd happily pitch a few ideas, I know quite a bit about that kinda thing (and no, I won't just rant...).

This is part of the problem, there aren't really any set questions. You have to come up with one that is about philosophy/religion and death.

I was thinking about doing one about the history of Heaven and Hell in Christianity, but then I might do it on religion in Japan since that would help me revise for my Ethnography of Japan exam.

...Bah, annoying.

Thanks for the offer, though! When I finally decide on something I'll let you know. : peace:

Edit: Okay, I think I've decided. I'm going to do "Critically discuss what is ancestor for the Japanese and how Japanese Christianity has to deal with the notion of ancestor?"

...fun. But at least I can revise for my other exam with this.

Edited by Daft

Oof, good luck with the essays Daft, sounds like a whole lot of work!

Made a list of things I should do this week for my presentation. It's always easy to make a list, but a lot less easy to actually do all of those things heh. Failure is me. =P

Edit: Okay, I think I've decided. I'm going to do "Critically discuss what is ancestor for the Japanese and how Japanese Christianity has to deal with the notion of ancestor?"

...fun. But at least I can revise for my other exam with this.

Assuming you mean ancestor as in the whole Japanese ancestor worship thing (an area I will freely admit I know less about than Abrahamic religions and they relationship with the western world), I would suggest you look into the idea one can pray to have deceased relative sent to heaven if they haven't been baptised, an idea that was popular in the Catholic church at the time Christianity first reached Japan. I'll have at think about it and a read around, and get back to you hopefully with something more substantial.

What subject do you study, by the way? As much as I like my course, I'd much rather research and write an essay on that than on the current health and safety regulations in construction and the reasons behind them.

You know it's getting on for 1:30am and you've had too much caffinee when you're simultaneously discussing religion, discussing the West Lothian Question, and learning the Melbourne Shuffle. :indeed:

Started my first of 5 ESSAYS OF EVIL!!!!

700 words done, 16000 to go...

WOE!

If you get that exclusive interview with me in, that will most certainly shave some words off.

Trudat. I typed up 3 interviews for one of my g/f's Uni projects and the transcripts totalled 22,000 words.

Assuming you mean ancestor as in the whole Japanese ancestor worship thing (an area I will freely admit I know less about than Abrahamic religions and they relationship with the western world), I would suggest you look into the idea one can pray to have deceased relative sent to heaven if they haven't been baptised, an idea that was popular in the Catholic church at the time Christianity first reached Japan. I'll have at think about it and a read around, and get back to you hopefully with something more substantial.

What subject do you study, by the way? As much as I like my course, I'd much rather research and write an essay on that than on the current health and safety regulations in construction and the reasons behind them.

Yeah, I have a vague background on religion in Japan, my other module is an Ethnography of Japan and I did an Aspects of Japanese Culture course a couple years ago.

I do Social Anthropology (I used to do Japanese but changed halfway through the second year), although sometimes I wonder whether it should be called Applied Social Theory sometimes instead. This mega essay is part of a religion module I picked called Death and the Meaning of Life - I kind of regret picking it since the essays I have to do have slightly different requirements to what I usually have to do so t's bit of the unknown.

Social Anthropology is great. I actually enjoy writing essays for it and in class you can't shut me up. :heh: I used to be one of those students who sat in class and said nothing but SA really brings it out of me.

If you get that exclusive interview with me in, that will most certainly shave some words off.

Trudat. I typed up 3 interviews for one of my g/f's Uni projects and the transcripts totalled 22,000 words.

So that's why my firend is conducting an interview...how sneaky...

A £500 project I was hoping to snag fell through, so I'm down £500 just as I'm planning to buy a new car. And some little shit has snapped half of the number plate off my current car. Today is not looking like a good day.

Wow, I've not posted in here for awhile. :D

I don't remember anything past yesterday so the last week or so of my life are forever lost in mans fickle memories!

I AM SITTING IN MY PYJAMA'S AT HOME. :grin:

life is good. :)

So yeah came home from Uni yesterday! Train was delayed a bit so my sister and nephew where kept waiting a bit longer.

Got home settled in to the comfy lounge chair. It's nice to have wireless internet again. :)

Apart from Bathing my nephew and dinner. I pretty much sat there for the rest of the evening watching One Piece/talking to my friends/drinking fizzy drinks.

RIGHT! for once on the train I didn't fall asleep and didn't feel sick while playing my DS. :D I got through the first chapter and a bit of Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations. CHUFFED!

*puffs out his thermal horns*

What I hate about Wales train stations? THE WIND!

Because I live near London and thus have used the tube numerous amount of times. Whenever I feel the wind at a platform I think "Ooh train"

Since I've been conditioned this way every time the wind picked up I kept checking if a train was there. :laughing:

I am going on an EPIC TREK to sainsburys in a minute to get some ingredients for the meal I'm cooking my parents tomorrow for when they get in!

I just need to get lunch and pick some walking tunes for my iPod. Dastardly!

Chris Moyles is a scary-man watched a quiz thing with him in it yesterday and the whole affair creeped me out!

Ooh BIG NEWS! from the past few weeks. I got into halls for next year. :yay: So I don't have to worry about housing, yet!

Not sure what the Jane I would'e one it I hadn't!

Coolness, I don't say this nearly enough, or at all for that matter, but I love you and your hopelessly happy posts. It makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong with my life! :love:

Aww but even still, I'd just hug him and not let him out into the open world in fear of him losing his innocence.

What I hate about Wales train stations? THE WIND!

Because I live near London and thus have used the tube numerous amount of times. Whenever I feel the wind at a platform I think "Ooh train"

Since I've been conditioned this way every time the wind picked up I kept checking if a train was there. :laughing:

That made me laugh haha. Love you Coolness.

I just got back from my first game of squash in yearssss. And it was fun, though oh so very exhausting haha. I looked like a super red tomato, and we'd only been playing for half an hour. =P

We clearly still kinda suck (me more so than my sister) as most of the time we were hitting the air instead of the ball, or the ball kept going out (the ceiling took quite a beating).

But yes, fun times. Going back on Tuesday woohoo!

Some stupid fucking seagull flew down and stole my sandwich right out of my hand.

And my missed my assessed practical which is worth 20% of my module. If I get a high enough mark on the exam (should do it easily) will I still pass or will they fail me?

That made me laugh haha. Love you Coolness.

I just got back from my first game of squash in yearssss. And it was fun, though oh so very exhausting haha. I looked like a super red tomato, and we'd only been playing for half an hour. =P

We clearly still kinda suck (me more so than my sister) as most of the time we were hitting the air instead of the ball, or the ball kept going out (the ceiling took quite a beating).

But yes, fun times. Going back on Tuesday woohoo!

I love squash, try to play 2 times a week but I hurt my shoulder at the end of te Summer and only started playing again in January so just taking it easy. It's the best sport to burn calories (if you play a full game for an hour it burns roughly 800) which is fantastic.