NEurope

- Three.

Sometimes words just hide between and behind each other. You have a feeling that you know needs expressing, and the only way to find the clearing at the end of the path is to start walking. The first step gives you the next word, the next gives you an idea. Thereafter you are encased in an avalanche that may not necessarily make any sense (or be spelt correctly) - but in any matter, it is the expression that is important, not the intention or the meaning.

Memories of bathtime! Never getting the amount of bubble-bath correct. Trying to figure out the right combination of hot/cold. Making waves. Dripping tap that my toe fits into. Toy boats. The growing sensation that you're actually sitting in a bowl of your own filth. The whoosh as the water escapes, at last. And other, more personal things that deserve ostracising.

My hands are tingling.

You just want to know my pasta bake recipe, don't you?

Yeah, basically. :love:

Today, I demonstrated to myself how much of an eejit I can be when tired.

I had no uni to attend today, so me being me, don't sleep until very late. Get woke up at lunch time, phone call from a girl I like and have been seeing more and more of lately. Its the first warm day in the area for a while, wants to grab some lunch and hang out in the park for the day. Me, being the absolute retard I am, declined this offer, using the excuse "I'm ill" and go back to sleep.

From previous experiences with girls, the random first day of sun in a while and just lazing in the park is the turning point. What the shit am I thinking?

Went back to sleep. Felt good.

Build Me A Well would be a cool band name.

Edit: No, it would get confusded with Poison the Well. TBH.

In my dream last night/this morning I remember one point where I had to sing Beyonce's part of Telephone.

Also thankfully, British Airways phoned to say my folio will be on the 9.40 flight into Edinburgh.

my interfering housemate (who constantly insults me and tells me she hates me yet always tries to kiss me when she's had the slightest bit of alcohol)

I think that's an avenue worth exploring. Both of you get drunk, and plow a few times to break the ice.

I think I need to learn to cook now. I've been at uni for about 6 months now and have only cooked about once. I feel weak and small :(

All you need to know, is that most things go into an oven at 190-220 degrees for around 20 minutes. That's it.

Pff, who needs ovens? All you need to survive Uni is a Wok. Woks cook everything.

All you need to know, is that most things go into an oven at 190-220 degrees for around 20 minutes. That's it.

this is like one of the truest things ever... however my oven is broken (lol) so for it its 220 for about 25-30 minutes (takes ages to warm up!!)

Pff, who needs ovens? All you need to survive Uni is a Wok. Woks cook everything.

Chicken, Chopped Tomatoes, Random Veg & Spices plus rice. An easy meal that's different every time.

I didn't have an oven for the (almost) three years I lived on my own, and I survived perfectly without it. Didn't even go out to eat (as there wasn't much nearby/no one would go with me), so depended a lot on my stove and microwave. =P

My back seems to be better today. It hurt all of yesterday; had to take painkillers and rely on my cherry stone pillow as well. Did go to aquagym but a lot of the exercises hurt and some I just couldn't do heh. Glad the pain is gone today.

Also, sunny day! :bouncy:

I'm helping my sister with her dissertation by transcribing several hour-long interviews she did about sustainable development attitudes in the alternative medicine industry. This would be more monotonous if it wasn't quite so infuriating listening to someone incoherently extoll the virtues of homeopathy 20 seconds at a time. It's like being forced to read the Daily Mail - the deeper you go, the angrier you get.

I'm helping my sister with her dissertation by transcribing several hour-long interviews she did about sustainable development attitudes in the alternative medicine industry. This would be more monotonous if it wasn't quite so infuriating listening to someone incoherently extoll the virtues of homeopathy 20 seconds at a time. It's like being forced to read the Daily Mail - the deeper you go, the angrier you get.

Ouch - I feel for you, dude!

I agree with Shorty woks and rice cookers are awesome, you can make so much with both.

Yet you can't make naan bread to go with it :p

Well the student turned up for once. Stayed for half the session. Quite an achievement for him. Will speak to him tomorrow and see if he'll sign saying he was there for the whole thing (ergo more cash for me).

Speaking of, day of financial faffing today. Ordered a Professional and Careers Development Loan info pack, had a meeting with my bank to make sure my money was in the right place for my impending change, decided I'll look for another job during the Easter break, shopped around for some other ISAs. I get the feeling I'm not going to see any of this summer, but should hopefully be worth it.

Bumped into frienquaintence (he lies somewhere between the two) twice yesterday. I wish I could pull of his bohemian coffee shop look, but I just look like a douche. Ah well.

Time for food! Then I should do some photoshop work afterwards. Been putting it off all week.

Someone on facebook joint a group "School for 12 years, College for 4 years, Work until you die...Great." but he hasn't had a job for the three years I've known him...people eh? :p

Edited by Ashley

Went to college. There'd been a small fire in the painting class's room (it was shut off, and the door was all charred - stunning) on Monday night, and so the painting class were all in our main studio, with us bunched into the sculpture court. Felt really rude, considering our course is actually meant to be so we get better/have better chances of getting in places, they're just doing an advanced kinda "spare time" thing.

Rude cunts.

In any case, I went home to take photos. Haven't done that yet, just been arathoning Buffy Season 5, and the airline thankfuly dropped off my portfolio they abandoned in London.

Listening to the free CD that came with Mojo, "Dream Pop". It's blowing me.

More crazy goings on in my Eastenders life...I think. Someone wanna verify my interpretation of this?

On facebook.

Dick (the sex offender sibling)'s kinda ex girlfriend and apparent baby mama posted a vague "woe is me" status, as she tends to, and when elaborating in comments:

I just don't know what my baby girl has done to be snubbed by one entire side of her family!!! I don't care that they dnt wan know me but their grandaughter/great grandaughter/niece has done nothing!! Two months n not a word!!! She deserves the world not this!!:,(

Then someone else said

How can some ppl stick by a violent sex offender and snub their own relative?!

Which, if she is talking about our side of the family (which I presume she is) then...that's a contradiction. "How can they stick by a violent sex offender [which is unfortunately our side of the family) but snub their own relative?!" Either way...someone is going to get snubbed ne?

Anyway yeah, does that sound like my side of the family? I'm not sure if she has any siblings and thus would be aunts/uncles to them that are mentioned.

But if it is us well,

1) You have a restraining order against Dick

2) You don't try and talk to us

3) It was about six months before I even saw the thing (or maybe longer, I forget)

4) NOBODY BELIEVES ITS HIS BECAUSE YOU'RE A CHEATING HOBAG

5) My nan just had a heart attack, kind of a more pressing matter thanks.

She's just urgh. Such a self-centered little bitch (the mother, not the child obviously). Lord help her (the child).

Oh wait apparently its 4 months old. Either way, I made no effort to see it. It was there at Christmas.

Tempted to put a status like "Ashley mises seeing his two nieces, Phoebe and Georgia Hilton" (not biological family, but like family to me) but she loves the attention, I won't give it her.

Haha it must be us, she's removed me from Facebook. 25 (or whatever), going on 12. Noice.

Edited by Ashley

Lol I just sat down to start all my tutorial work for the tutorial tomorrow, and I learn I've left my pencil case/calculator and everything else I need in my locker after labs yesterday. Fail. Ah well, I'll just go home before it and sleep instead. I feel really naughty and bad, but I'm past caring at the same time.

Just got back from my friend's birthday dinner. There's the most painfully amazing girl from university and I was bantering with her. She's from Italy but she talks like a native English speaker and when she says stuff in Italian I melt.

Exhausted now and I've got to wake up to do my Foucault presentation tomorrow morning. Should be fun.

Just got back from my friend's birthday dinner. There's the most painfully amazing girl from university and I was bantering with her. She's from Italy but she talks like a native English speaker and when she says stuff in Italian I melt.

Exhausted now and I've got to wake up to do my Foucault presentation tomorrow morning. Should be fun.

We tend to have that effect, it's gotten me out of a number of sticky situations.

BAH. Am swamped by Bibiography exercises, and Abracting and Summaries. The most menial work ever, so cannot be bothered. Its times like this I wish I was the son of a wealthy Arabian oil sheik.

We tend to have that effect, it's gotten me out of a number of sticky situations.

If only the same worked for Dutch. =(

She said 'mozzarella di bufala' and I could have started drooling.

Fuck it, I've hit a massive brick wall with my soil mechanics coursework, which is a problem as I'd hoped to have it done by tonight, giving me the chance to use what free time (it's a 9am-6pm tomorrow, non-stop) to double check my masonry coursework. Shit. They're both due in this Friday, and I haven't done them earlier because of bloody lab reports, which I still haven't finished - one I haven't even started.

Anyway, I'm getting really stressed out and feeling genuinely depressed - as much as I hate to do it whilst 'in the zone', as it were, and so close to he deadline, I know it's for the best. Fuck.

If only the same worked for Dutch. =(

I happen to love Dutch. I watched Zwartboek and was like....just yes.

Got to wait in the office for somebody from the FJF to present/take me to get a monthly train ticket. I already tried getting one before, was more complicated than the train staff made out to be.

I just wish they'd sort my flippin pay out first.