NEurope

Today, my Dad said that he was talking to a Jamaican woman who apparantly has seen me around the town. She mentioned that I had a distinguishable walk. My reply was "whaaaaaaaaat?" People have mentioned it in the past, but they say different things. My brother says I walk with my "arms", meaning that they're swinging from side to side, military-esque. Somebody else mentioned that I walked like a monkey. Haha. I want a sexy waaaalk.

I was saying to Slaggis some time ago that the way someone walks can be a turn off. Some are just really...unattractive. But I think I'm weird. There's someone around uni that was in one of my classes and he walked as if he was trying to break the speed barrier and swung his arms so violently he'd knock over an elephant if it crossed him...it's not you is it?

I was saying to Slaggis some time ago that the way someone walks can be a turn off. Some are just really...unattractive. But I think I'm weird. There's someone around uni that was in one of my classes and he walked as if he was trying to break the speed barrier and swung his arms so violently he'd knock over an elephant if it crossed him...it's not you is it?

Haha, I don't walk as crazy as that. I try to slow down when I'm walking now, as I used to walk at a fast pace before. A friend of mine saw me get off the bus once (from the other side of the street) and he said that I was looking up at the buildings, then behind me, then everywhere else, as if I thought I was being watched or something. Heehee.

I got home to find that Mass Effect 2 hadn't arrived. I was a bit annoyed, since I ordered it from GAME, they shipped it a few days ago and normally get me my pre-orders 1-2 days before release day (today). In fact, I was really annoyed, because I had a night in on my own and it seemed like the perfect night in. So... I drove to Tesco and bought a copy.

Work was... ah who am I kidding, it's far to dull to talk about. Although we did find this funny.

Ah everything is covered in snow outsiiiiiide. Stupid snow go away, I'm so tired of it by now. I want Spring to come!

Watching women's tennis, come on Justine! (she'll probably lose)

Have a big family reunion thing to go to in a few hours. We'll be cooking in teams. Gonna be interesting I think. Though with almost 40 people coming I wonder how it's gonna work heh.

Last night was WIN

After...6 weeks? more? too long, cooped up inside with no social life and coma inducing stress me and Luis hit up the town big time :)

Went to a gloriously cheap pub in town first that does £1.43 pints of bitter then went to a wicked DJ night up at The Harley and got cruuunk on Sailor Jerry's. Savage self destruction. Reader, it was magnificent.

Met some hotties- including my ex who went and broke my heart. It wasn't awkward though, which is kinda cool. I got her number back so hopefully seeing her again to just hang out.

edit: oh and Bayonetta arrived this morning. Free stuff ftwlol

Finished exams yesterday, so a load of the civil engineers went out last night, which was awesome fun, but I've been repromanded for not getting food afterwards by being hit with a minor hangover... I'm now meant to go home for the weekend and part of my week off, but I'm still in bed, so I guess the later train it is...

I've had such a lovely past three days. Chris came round on Wednesday night, and I've been with him since then up to about an hour ago. It wasn't planned, which makes me all the more lovely. I've never found it so easy to spend that much time with someone before. There's literally no awkwardness there at all, it's just...lovely. :)

But, this fucking bus driver seemed intent on ruining another nice day. We got on the bus, and he glared at the tenner I gave him and went on this "ARE YOU KIDDING ME. LOOK AT ALL THE SHOPS ON THIS STREET, YOU COULD HAVE GOT SOME CHANGE. HOW DARE YOU STEP ON THIS BUS WITH ONLY A 10 POUND NOTE" rant. Then, he got his change thing out and he had terrifyingly large amounts of the stuff! Stupid cuntface. I glanced at the driver and said "Thanks for being such a twat" and went to sit down. He then did the same thing to this couple, and then apparently (I got off, but have been told) another guy asked him "Why you so sad?". Amazing. I'm praying he dies in bus related fire really, really soon.

Edited by Slaggis

You shouldnt really get on a bus without the right change, buses have to keep to their time.

But if loads of people did it, I assume it's a weird bus?

You shouldnt really get on a bus without the right change, buses have to keep to their time.

That's no reason for being utterly rude is it? Plus, if he had the change (which he so obviously did, he just couldn't be arsed with reaching down to grab it) why does it matter?

Rude people annoy me so much.

Rude people annoy me so much.

And yet you still talk to me (or at least used to, not heard from you in a week :p) you penis holster.

Ever had one of those days where everything you do is crap? No matter what I try and draw it comes out looking rubbish. So far only done two faces which look okay. Another looks stoned. And another actually creeps me out. BLAAARGH.

But I also tided this morning, which was mostly procrastination.

Currently have books strewn out all over my bed. Reminds me of being at uni.

Although it is nice and sunny outside (although fucking freezing) which is a bright side at least (no pun intended). And the cat is currently sleeping next to Darth Vadar.

Thank God you were polite and said:

"Thanks for being such a twat"

*Sigh*

It was deserved. Why be polite to someone that obviously has no intention of being so themselves? I see I should have said nothing. Obviously no one here would have said something similar...

Edited by Slaggis

Bus drivers are usually able to change a £10 note, it doesn't particularly take that long to do!

I have the day off, which is nice, although I had to ring up at 8:30 to tell work I was ill and therefore cannot work, I assume they want me in tomorrow regardless, which is alright I suppose, I just hope I get better between now and then, waking up not being able to breathe is quite something.

Gonna spend the day lazying around, clean my room, get some food that kinda thing and play games. Woo.

I thought after posting maybe it's just buses in Edinburgh? We have to put the change in the little box, if it's over the amount needed, tough. No change or anything. As far as I know.

Different places different rules. And even different operators I believe.

Apparently I was wrong.

You're not a boy?

We have that no change box here at Reading University.

As for Slaggis's issue, I do appreciate that he was quite rude, but really you get on a bus to pay a small amount, people usually get some change beforehand because if everyone did it, it must be pretty annoying. I'm not sympathising with the bus driver totally because sometimes you haven't been shopping or anything but they just want to drive rather than getting change constantly.

And yes, your comment about some people being rude sort of sounded hypocritical that you made a comment to his face as leaving. Saying it afterwards would have sufficed. And the wish he would die soon, pretty harsh maybe?

How much was the bus fair?

I get annoyed when I'm working at a till at people buy cheap stuff with notes (like buy a 70p coffee with a £10/£20), and I'm in an actual shop, with loads of time...

If everyone did it not only would it hold the bus up but he wouldn't have any change to give.

How much was the bus fair?

I get annoyed when I'm working at a till at people buy cheap stuff with notes (like buy a 70p coffee with a £10/£20), and I'm in an actual shop, with loads of time...

If everyone did it not only would it hold the bus up but he wouldn't have any change to give.

It was 2 pounds something for me, and a pound something for Chris (So about £3.30, I was using the note to pay for them both). Sure, were it 50p then fine (Well no, still not fine). But it's not like it was some horrendously small amount. Plus, he had the change. I don't see how shouting at me (and others) and then mumbling to himself about how he hates people whilst driving could ever be deemed acceptable.

His attitude was wrong but the point was valid enough. (the driver that is)

Edited by Raining_again

I've been rejected on the bus with a note before, always best to carry change to avoid hassle.

Oooh controversy! Well I am a guilt-ridden individual so if I'm facing that situation I feel really bad and apologise to the bus driver before I even ask for the fare, then offer them altertives like "I can get the change when I get off it it's easier for you?" sort of stuff. The situations are sometimes unavoidable, but he was clearly having a bad day.

Cash is over-rated anyway, its all about debit cards. Life is cheaper on card. :heh:

Cash is over-rated anyway, its all about debit cards. Life is cheaper on card. :heh:

This is true. Things feel almost free when using a card, it's terrifying.

*Sigh*

It was deserved. Why be polite to someone that obviously has no intention of being so themselves? I see I should have said nothing. Obviously no one here would have said something similar...

I feel what you're saying, and probably was deserved.

Personally I wouldn't have said something similar, but it seems you had to be there to hear the full bullshit of this rant you recieved.