NEurope

I know what you mean. I wouldn't be able to breathe if Figaro (my fat cat) tried to sleep on me, but it's nice when Sparkle and Nero do so. Especially Nero, he's softer than a cuddly toy.

Ahh, you're lucky you have cats of varying sizes.

My cat is a nice cat really, he's just pretty big now. Sometimes he comes into the living room and tries to sit on my lap when I'm watching telly. He gets on, sits for a second, then usually goes off to see what my Mum is doing.

colleagues being dicks

I've noticed at work that I do comparably more work than the regular guys. One of them afterwards told me that they usually hire the temps that they've trained in the most areas. They've not trained me in anything. Bad bad bad.

Got my hours for the next 2 weeks, and while I pretty much just do 10 this week I'm doing 32 next week. Looking at that then realising I'm getting minimum wage for all the effort makes sad face take control. But I just gotta work my face off 'til xmas. If all goes well I'll have enough to cover rent for the rest of the year.

Tomorrow I find out if I'm still a student or not. Really getting nervous.

Congrats Odders!

This woman in another department (A in TS, ReZ) is always awful to everyone, she's rude and basically refuses to do her job. No one ever does anything about it. Today she hung up on me to get out of doing something, so today I made a stand. Well, I emailed her manager. Her manager didn't take anything on board and said he's only ever had good feedback, total bollocks. So one of my managers is meeting him tomorrow with audio evidence (Yours, ReZ) to perform a smack down. I'm proud.

Anyway I feel like I'm obsessively exercising. But it's probably just what a fit person would call normal.

WOW! Awesome. But...I'm not sure I know who that is. Andy? Can't remember work things when I'm not in work. Whats the audio evidence? Thats awesome.

As pretty much all of my friends from the year below are off to Uni tomorrow, yesterday was the final evening at the pub. Almost all the girls were reduced to tears at some point, which, whilst a little frustrating as I know all your worries and fears evaporated within the first hour of arriving at your halls, started me thinking: why didn't I have friends like these whilst at school? I have once again come to the realisation that my school sucked, and that if I'd been born when I should have (which would put me in the year below, I was stupidly premature), and had gone to Roundwood Park (their school), my seven years at secondary school might have been a hell of a lot happier.

As I my self am going back to Uni in a few days, this morning I did a little self-assessment of my summer. I didn't go interrailing, didn't get a job, didn't do engineering work experiance and broke up with my girlfriend. However, I made three close friends, and at least a dozen other good ones, so, all in all, I think it's been a good 4 months.

I've noticed at work that I do comparably more work than the regular guys. One of them afterwards told me that they usually hire the temps that they've trained in the most areas. They've not trained me in anything. Bad bad bad.

And I bet they say the others do more work? Tis bullshit.

Got my hours for the next 2 weeks, and while I pretty much just do 10 this week I'm doing 32 next week. Looking at that then realising I'm getting minimum wage for all the effort makes sad face take control. But I just gotta work my face off 'til xmas. If all goes well I'll have enough to cover rent for the rest of the year.

But feel a little better since minimum wage is going up in October by a rocking 7p. £5.73 Digivolve To?! FIVE POUND EIGHTYMON!

Count those savings.

Tomorrow I find out if I'm still a student or not. Really getting nervous.

What would you do if you won't be?

And I bet they say the others do more work? Tis bullshit.

But feel a little better since minimum wage is going up in October by a rocking 7p. £5.73 Digivolve To?! FIVE POUND EIGHTYMON!

Count those savings.

What would you do if you won't be?

I've not got to the point of complaining yet, seeing as I'm only a temp at the moment and may actually NEED the job full time. That extra 7p an hour should work out to pay for my council tax :D

... Which I don't think I need to pay. Got a letter from uni saying I CAN continue on my course, but with restrictions. I'm guessing the restrictions are caps, so I'll probably be paying £3k+ tuition fees for a max of 40% on whatever it is I gotta do. Will find out in less than an hour!

Freaking out.

Bah, not a good day so far.

My sister went out until late last night this morning; I even sent her a text to ask if everything was okay as I got a little worried (things were fine then). But at 4:30 am she calls my dad to tell him her bicycle got stolen. Now actually this is mom's bicycle and not my sister's, so now my mom is all moody and blaming my sister, making my sister be all upset (she was feeling guilty enough already). No fun to be in the house right now, so I'm staying in my room to finish some work until things cool down a little. >.>;

Bah, not a good day so far.

My sister went out until late last night this morning; I even sent her a text to ask if everything was okay as I got a little worried (things were fine then). But at 4:30 am she calls my dad to tell him her bicycle got stolen. Now actually this is mom's bicycle and not my sister's, so now my mom is all moody and blaming my sister, making my sister be all upset (she was feeling guilty enough already). No fun to be in the house right now, so I'm staying in my room to finish some work until things cool down a little. >.>;

That sucks. :(

*huggles*

Today has been ok, so far. My back is still a bit tired from the gym, and also my legs (particularly my calves) and abs are achiiiing from the workout yesterday. Haha, I'm in a world of pain today. :D

I've also sent off another application off today! This is for the school I visited the other day. I sent off one application yesterday, and I'm visiting them on Monday, so that they can put a face to the name.

:)

Had my last day at work today, and now I'm getting ready for the final night out at...where I work (Really bored of the place now, if I'm honest). It's going to be really hard saying goodbye to a few people. But thankfully, the two people I care most about are helping me move into Sheff/coming for a night out, so it won't be too bad.

Then tomorrow I've got to spend the morning delivering leaflets for the Lib Dems thing with Han whilst utterly hungover. Can't wait. :heh: Still, when that's done we get to spend our final day doing what we do best...laying on the school field (There's a wierd day of lessons going on for them tomorrow) judging all the children. Yay.

Jay - You've been doing alot of hours, don't listen to those you work with, its watch the managers see that counts!

Ine - Poor sister, my mum can sometimes be like that, I hope she calms and forgives her for it all! :smile:

Last day of week - boo! No more money from Dragtone for meee, I'm happy I've finished and it was reaaallll nice of my mum to help me out, but gosh I'm glad I don't have to do anymore invoicing :D

Going back to Sheffield early tomorrow, its going to be hell, with every fresher known to man moving in that day, but never mind, I need to join the gym, get some new clothes and give my blockbuster stuffs back.

:blush:

Had an interesting night last night. Met some friends of the boob-persuasion in my old uni town and we went for dinner then tried to find where to go that we could stay that night. Her ex wouldn't let me stay (didn't say that to my face of course) in spite of the fact he stayed at ours for nine months so ended up stopping at someone else's (someone better) instead. Anywho then we went out. Night started normal enough except grew a bit tired as they danced on a podium and I know from experience they just chuck me off (the sexism!) so I ended up looking kinda like some creep. Randomly talked to some girl but then disappeared. Then we went onwards to the 'after party' (first club only open til midnight) which is normally free but now apparently requires you to pick up a queue-jump ticket for £1.

On-route there was some drunk guy crashed out on the floor and someone trying to help him out who suddenly went "hey, I know you!" (nice to be recognised eh?), turns out from Game. My friends went on (using the "queue-cut-by-faking-lesbian" technique) and I kinda got stuck helping this person who we were about to get into a taxi when he threw up after we'd paid £20 already (£10 of the drunk guy's, £10 of the other person's) so the other guy had to get in the taxi and go clean it which meant I was dumped with the sick person, who had thrown up on my sleeve (thankfully it was an overshirt). A group of hot girls came along and one was like "aww we can't just let him stay here let's help!" and grabbed some nearby police but eventually left. Then me and the police tried to find some details out but wasn't very forthcoming. Eventually one policeman took his phone and managed to get some friends to come and pick him up. However then the queue was huge, the bouncers didn't believe I had a queuejump ticket that was thrown up on (granted, a lie) and I queued for about 90 minutes then my friends left anyway.

It was a different night out to say the least.

After about 4 hours of sleep had to go see my dad (urgh) and nan which was dull but not as horrible as it could have turned out to be. Now I need sleeeep. Oh and to wash my shirt.

Totally Radd!!.

So turns out I'm a student again. First semester I do one module, thursday mornings, and second semester I do three, totalling 60 credits to make me a Part-Time Student for £900. The extra credits on top of the credits needed to pass my degree means I can still get a high 2:1/1st. I'm still kinda fluffy with elation, and therefore convinced my future self is totally capable of such hard-working feats... We'll see.

Work was nice as everyone there was someone I liked and they 'trained' me at deliveries, which means I have a better chance of staying on after my temp is up.

Back home, got changed, and now I gotta go walk 30 mins to a dub step night sober, with no guarentee I'll enjoy the night, and that long horrible walk home which, these days, is really becoming a factor.

WEEKEND TOMORROW YAAAAAA! Need to sort out banks/finances a wee bit, then going t'shorty and nami's in the eve to hang with the chesterfieldians and drink and be cool. There's a boxing match on at 2am that my housemate has invited me to go watch at his mate's house. It finishes at 5am... then midday sunday I'm off to watch two Bad Movies at a mate's house. Then mondayworkaaaah!

...and therefore convinced my future self is totally capable of such hard-working feats... We'll see.

How many times have you said this though...? Just make sure you do it this time :heh:

We belieeeeeve in you. (I believe I speak for everyone when I say I speak for everyone)

Sigh,

Today and tomorrow not so much fun.

Today my landlord told me he doesn't want my current lodger in the house anymore. He wants the lodger out by Friday next week at the latest.

Tomorrow I have to tell my lodger the news.

The day started off fantastically with the train guard getting himself stuck in the train toilet in my carriage, meaning we were delayed in a station for 10 minutes whilst they tried to get him out. I got a video on my phone of the announcement and the door he got stuck behind but unfortunately not the valiant rescue, in which they basically decided "Fuck it" and used brute force to open the door. I'm pretty sure they broke the mechanism as I heard some nasty snaps as they forced it open :heh: It was hilarious to watch.

Ended up a bit naff at work, I got plenty done but not as much as I'd hoped. That, and our stockroom guy hd his last day today, so we're without someone managing stock - hurraaaah... should be fun come Halo ODST next week :heh:

Had a pretty heavy night out last night, sooooo yeah. Spent most of my day recovering, and playing Prototype, which got really samey really fast.

I bought Star Ocean the last hope the other day, but I haven't played it yet. I have such high expectations of it, but I don't want to play it and it be a really bad game.

My copy of Scribblenauts came today too from eBay, so had fun on that. It's actually a pretty good game, if only for a little while each day.

Had such an amazing night, but had to end it with saying goodbyes.:(

Actually so sad about Alex. Was horrible seeing her crying too. Though, I'll be seeing her for a couple of minutes tomorrow at least to get my (supposedly hilarious) present, so it'll be nice to be able to say non-drunken goodbyes. I've only become good friends with her over the past 3 months or so, but it feels like we've been friends for years. It's such an odd feeling. I just hate that we never bothered to talk to each other until then. Damn secondary school!

Edited by Slaggis

Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day everyone!

Have some free Monkey Island to celebrate!

I just be squaking at me shipmates, declaring war on their weak-legged tongues! I be scouring the other way be they not pirate at meeee.

Me throat be grated like a dead whale's bottom by the end of the day, arrr.

I'm off to Portsmouth for a little music festival. Since I don't want to ruin the pirate fun on this page so far...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg me 'earteys!

:hmm:Sorry shipmates, I tried.

Its okay Ell, as Pirates arrrr shit.

HOLY CRAP VUZE DEVICES BETA FOR THE WIN! This is so quick and easy! Its like media sharing but if media sharing actually worked!

Actually you're onto something Rez, what we really should be celebrating is this: http://dayoftheninja.com

Agreed. Unquestionably ninjas shit all over pirates. The only good thing that ever came out of pirates is DKC2.