NEurope

hahahaha.

Rez. Now there's a man to whom nothing is scared in language.

could be worse, you could have said Rez :p

But I was also being serious; can't say i've noticed it in Friends.

Ooo, they do say it a fair bit. "Like" seems to be something that has come as part of the deal with telly from America. Although, I've noticed a lot of teenagers uses it when they're trying to seem gangster-ish.

Like soon becomes "liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike" :D

Okay, so I kind of found out how I managed to get home yesterday. I was at the party and went to "watch the sun rise" (This, I'm told, is a direct quote from me.) and passed out sitting up in a chair outside. My friend, the very lovely birthday girl, couldn't move me and I was gone when I got up a few hours later.

I remember sitting outside. I still don't remember leaving.

Apparently, employers are becoming increasingly worried at the number of job applications they receive written in txt spk.

I'd love to see one of those.

"i did wrk xperience. it was peng"

It does elicit a certain morbid curiosity, yeah. I'd probably fly in to a rage at whoever wrote it, mind.

"Like" is so common in the dialect around here. To some people it's like, every second word or something. It's rediculous.

"Like" is so common in the dialect around here. To some people it's like, every second word or something. It's rediculous.

It's-a what?

It's-a what?

Itsa me, Mario!

Haha.

Ok, I've had my chuckle. Now I will sleep.

Goodnight, suckers.

I use it when trying to describe things.

"You know, like a parrot?"

For example. Dunno why you'd be saying something is like a parrot but there you go.

It's-a what?

My spelling owns, leave me alone.

Don't know why I spelled it like that. Isn't even as if they are close on the keyboard or anything.

Also, I used "like" in the sentence saying it annoys me when people overuse "like". Irony.

My day ends good. I have been ripped off by my halls internet service for IPTV. So I was annoyed... and thought why not write a complaint letter. Love writing them, makes me feel old and angry. If anyone wants to read my complaint letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Kaiser Sose and I'm a student at the Storhtes Hall campus at Huddersfield. I am writing in regard to the payment made near the beginning of the academic year 08/09 for the MCW services of IPTV for the period of 42 weeks. This service was advertised by the MCW group as being £1 per week for IPTV services that would continue for the 42 weeks period. At the time it was not expressed in any way that MCW were in the process of being bought out by Keycom or that the service would be in any way changed. Once it was known that they would be under acquisition by Keycom it was still not clear what would happen to this 42 week service I had bought. Thankfully, I was assured that the IPTV would continue, just as before (With the exception of the access IP address changing), under Keycom; but under better conditions (for the service had been down for over a month before the changeover period).

However, I am extremely disappointed to say that the service under your supervision only worked for a number of weeks; since early January it has not been functioning at all. In this time I have contacted your service via e-mail and phone. It is unfortunate that neither times were my enquiries dealt with what-so-ever: the e-mail was never replied to and the callback from the technicians which was promised was never received. Here you can understand why I feel devalued as a customer, especially because the other services, such as the Internet, was - throughout the year - dysfunctional (to the extent of refunds being given by your company). Imagine my frustration when the only contact that is made by your company is to issue new user ID's for the Internet connection, and free IPTV. On hearing this I was confused to what I had exactly paid for at the start of the year. Nevertheless I decided to use the service on offer, to find the mandatory client-install didn't even work. However, this did not come as a surprised from the same company that had provided sub-standard service throughout the year and had given little support for my technical troubles.

As you can now probably understand, I am unbelievably disappointed at the general service from your company, and can't help but feel robbed. Although the original agreement wasn't from your specific company, and therefore you may argue that blame does not fall on you; I must point out that through an acquisition of a company it is only fair to stand by any original agreements made by MCW. Finally, to help you understand my biggest annoyance of it all: what have I paid for? What have I, in times of financial struggle and hardship, paid for? I am left wondering.

I eagerly await your reply.

Thank you,

Kaiser Sose

Edited by Dan_Dare

Interesting complaint letter.

Got back from Download at 6am, went on wednesday and camped with a group of amazing people, drank alot, ate space cakes somebody had brought, had alot of laughing gas.

Fun was had.

Left really early with two of the guys at 2am because riots were abit idiotic and abit too close to all our tents, knackered now! Managed to see all my favourite bands, pendulum was awesome everybody dancing in the sun ^_^, slipknot were so fantastic, they honestly felt honoured to be there, shame that manson was awful, he was an utter tit on stage!

Hopefully I'll see all the people I camped with at sonisphere, I is happee.

Hopefully I'll see all the people I camped with at sonisphere, I is happee.

Glad to hear that you had a good time nightwolf :) are you going to Sonisphere as well? me, my bro and his friend from college are going to that :o just got tickets for it, gonna be awesome hopefully. ^^

Hope you watched Journey, Nightwolf. They were reason enough to go to Download.

I didn't, I don't listen to journey. I watched:

Lacuna coil

Hollywood undead

The blackout

Devildriver

Staind

Billy talent

Killswitch engage

Slipknot

Def Leppard

Papa roach

Trivium

Prodigy

Pendulum

Manson

Fightstar

Static x

and a few others I can't remember right now!

Yeh they were there but shockingly, they weren't a headline act which is disgraceful because there's nothing more awesome than 10,000 plus people singing along to Don't Stop Believin'.

Anyway, music aside, I've spent the larger part of an hour looking at job listing. Getting depressed now. They're all asking for stupid qualifications specific to what you're doing and while that doesn't really put me off of applying, because it's likely they could still give me the job, most are now asking for a driving license. :shakehead I'm not really looking for something full time, purely part time but there are virtually no part time jobs going in the areas I've checked. Slightly annoying. Perhaps I'll ask around in some of the stores nearby, just hand a CV in and hope I get a phone call.

This week is gonna suck. Got 8 games to play through and complete before my copy of The Conduit arrives, and as that's the big game for the Wii this summer I'll be pushed to get that written up prior to the games release. At least I'll be able to relax once it's done for a week or two before getting back into the routine again.

I hate it when dumb qualifications get in the way. All the local govt jobs I've found (entry level, really) require typing qualifications. I can't get those because of my Cerebral Palsy so I'm kind of locked out. It proper sucks.

good choices there Nightwolf! Sounds like it was good fun! LOL@ the blackout though, used to "know" them quite well, they stayed around where I lived for a little while and we saw them practicing and chatted a few times. I didn't really rate them, don't really now but they seem to be doing well for themselves.

Daddy has a new pub now... it's weird seeing him [and strangely the regulars] in such a "futuristic" looking place, after seeing them for so long in a "traditional" pub. But it seems to be going well for him and new business partner.

I won monies on the Sticky 13, which pleased me greatly.

how is 'hus', in any way 'who's' ?

Depends on your pronounciation of the letter U.

Hus = Hussy, WRONG.

Hus = Hoos, RIGHT.

You're right - it was more aimed at the 'in 25 years the language will be rubbish'. People think spelling things the way they sound is acceptible -- but they're not. I sent supergrunch an example, hopefully he'll remember where it was and put it here to show you what i mean.

Intentional mistake? Answers on a postcard please.

I've phoned up that school who sent me the information the other day, and I've organised a visit for Wednesday morning. I've already sent an application off there, but hopefully they'll meet me and offer me an interview or something. Just gotta make a good impression now. Ahh, God, if you're up there, heeeeeelp meeeee.

Ahh, God, if you're up there, heeeeeelp meeeee.

Fuck you :blank: I need him at the moment.

:awesome:

Fucks sake, hazard perception can kiss my ass. I really just cannot get this right. I'm in for a long night of revision i thinks :(

Theory tomorrow! I'm pretty much expecting to fail on the basis of the hazard perception.

Good luck. :)

How amazing are duck pancakes from Chinese takeaway, just the best thing.

Duck pancakes are fucking amazing. Duck spring rolls can fuck off though.

Passed my theory test woooooooooooooooooooo /o/

47/50 multiple choice and 53/75 for hazard perception!

Well done. :)

Found out this morning that my sister has had her second child. It's a boy, Jake Thomas.

Congratulations. Mould him. :)

Britney was fucking amazing, as was the attempt to find our hostel drunk and then the relaxing in Hyde Park the next day.

We got to the 02 after having to experience masses of sweaty people on the tube which was literally to the point of bursting it was so busy. There were these two obviously gay older guys singing some Britney song to "ease" the tension on the tube. It was amaaaaaazing. We got there, and had the best freaking time, she was brilliant and the atmosphere was amazing. Did not want to leave.

When it finished, we made our way out of the 02, and just sat there listening to some music and getting a little drunk. Little did we realise we'd lost the directions of the hostel. So, we tried the tube, got this random woman (who was lovely) to call the hostel for us and say we'd be late, and then we asked this bus driver and he said get on his bus. We did, and ended up on the other side of London at half 1 in the morning. The bus stopped, and he told us to get off. We just looked at each other and were like "We're so going to get stabbed".

We found this (what we now realise to have been) un-licensed cab and he got us to the hostel, though it cost a ton of cash to do so. When we got there, they were really lovely, and we got some free Pizza which at the time seemed like the best thing in the world.

Woke up the next day in a bad mood due to the lack on an ensuite, but managed to man it. We were about to get on the train back, and we figured we might just go and spend some time in Hyde Park or something. Spent about 5 hours just relaxing/reading/photo taking/listening to Battlefield and looking angsty. Marks and Spencers + Hyde Park = So good.

So all in all, an amazing day and a half. :D

Awww man, I was about to rip you for writing "went to Britney concert" and then "Man up" in the same post, but you got ripped for like three pages, so I'll just stick with I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

From what I've heard isn't it just loads and loads of circus-esque gimmicks and shiz flying around to distract from her mediocre dancing?

I get the experience is different and so on, but I'd prefer listen to the CD, and go see...Madonna.

Rather kill myself/everyone I love tbh.

LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD

Fucks sake, word.

Aw fuck, the shitty music discussions from the music thread have infected the HWYD thread.

I hear ya.

As opposed to "Got up, had breakfast/ my job sucks/ exams suck / life sucks etc/ partied".

This is a ridiculously idiotic post. Examples of the similar

"Rate the last film thread is always just saw this film, it was shit. Saw this film, it was good"

You mental person.

Yes because every post is like that. You've written some stupid posts recently, whats happened to you?

Preachin' it.

Come on guys, peace and love. Group hugglesaurus.

*Hug*

personal statements make my skin crawl.

I am awesome.

Gee, I didn't realise this was the music thread [/onepagelate]

TBF better than three pages too late.

I hate text etiquette.

It just feels really pointless that there were obvious sparks between the gorgeous guy from the library and myself and I just want to meet up with him and text him and know him, and everyone's telling me not to because it's not the done thing - you have to wait x number of days.

Fuck that shit man, text him big style.

On facebook somebody wrote on one of my friend's wal:

How chavvy is that? Since when is the identity of the father a closely guarded secret? He may as well have just asked if she knew whose it was.

Jesus, even I feel sick.

which is precisely why I explode when people say "would of" instead of "would've" sometimes.

Moogle was the first to inform me of this, and now I feel annoyed by it too.....

Apparently, employers are becoming increasingly worried at the number of job applications they receive written in txt spk.

And yet, here I am, unemployed.

the fuck, forum? the fuck?

dat shit be mega hax.

hahahaha.

Rez. Now there's a man to whom nothing is scared in language.

And to think I planned the previous comment before reading this post. I am megawhynahax though.

I am teh back from Butlins. It was kewllllllll. I spent loads on arcade machines, including the fucking incredible Pac-Man-Ball/Pac-Ball (whatever it is called) 10p machine. If you havn't seen it...its fucking amazing, I'll upload a video of me playing it, total pimp style.

Also have some fucking cool (erm only a few) pictures, but one of me being MEGA MEGA SKILLZ on a machine. Total hax.

Saw a "Circus Hilarious" show, which was hilarious as they (advertised) and as they had four "dad" volunteers up on stage, and the silly dick/clown was taking the piss out of one saying he was gay....so fucking hilarious, and he was like "Oh...he's not smiling" mega hilarious. Like he got him to get his back to the audience to hold a uni cycle and went "Hold the pole. NO the bike!"

Erm what else? Good ice cream, and pizza. Erm. Pokemon cards. Erm. That was it really. Popped to Chicester (where I was born) today, looked around.

I'm now back, not to work till Wednesday (awesome) seeing The Hangover tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to (Todd Phillips + Guy from American Office, and that other actor I like = huge awesome) and then Transfuckingformers on Friday. Ahhhhhh well excited for that (haters fuck off)

Fuck you :blank: I need him at the moment.

:awesome:

But...but...no God can help you.

;)