NEurope

Chorus as in everybody singing along to it?

I mean did it do something a bit more original than saying Womanizser 200 times?

today i woke up midday again.

Watched and didn't watch Murray against Ferrero. Very slowly carried on cleaning some pictures.

Also messed about with twitter, facebook and flickr apps on my phone. It's badass.

Wait wait, about this whole Britney concert thing you went to Haggis, you mean to tell me that she didn't actually sing the majority of the songs performed live? That's fucking ridiculous!

My day has been good, if a little tiring. Went into Edinburgh. When I left the house, it was sunny but when I got over to Edinburgh, it was raining. Wasn't too wet but still didn't enjoy that. Got wet feet because of it and the fact my mother continually ignores the fact that I need new trainers and I've been telling her for the last couple of months. Some will say I should buy them myself but until I get a paying job and plus she said she'd get me new ones. ::shrug: Anyway, because of the weather I didn't stay for too long. About an hour and a half. But was nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Didn't do one thing I wanted to but I guess that can wait till I'm next in the city in August for the Interactive Festival.

Have to decide on something to watch this evening as I'm doubting there's anything credible on the TV tonight, although I haven't checked the listings but it's Saturday and any movies that are normally on the channels are normally crap.

Wait wait, about this whole Britney concert thing you went to Haggis, you mean to tell me that she didn't actually sing the majority of the songs performed live? That's fucking ridiculous!
Reportedly she only sings one song live.

It doesn't matter to him, he paid [how much?] just for proximity.

Oh come on... for starters Beyonce can sing!

That's like saying Susan Boyle is a better musical artist than Oasis, because she has a better voice.

Ridiculous.

Well no, because you're comparing two completely different categories of music... a solo classical female singer and a male rock/pop band.

However, do it properly... Oasis/Kings of Leon, Susan Boyle/Sarah Brightman, Britney/Madonna/Beyonce and you can make a case.

The fact you comapre Britney Spears to Madonna is just stupid. Sure they fit LOOSELY into "mainstream/popular music", but other than that...wtf.

And it's just...true that Madonna is "better" than Beyonce, as an artist. However Madonna's stabs at "urban/hip-hop" are chit compared to Beyonce. I'm not a liar. Beyonce is great fun and talented, but is definitely a singles artist.

I'm gonna pick one of the truly brilliant Madonna albums like Erotica or Ray Of Light for this listening party thing. Then you can compare Ray Of Light to any of Beyonce's albums or Britney albums and see for yourself. :)

An artist isn't their singles.

LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD

Aw fuck, the shitty music discussions from the music thread have infected the HWYD thread.

As opposed to "Got up, had breakfast/ my job sucks/ exams suck / life sucks etc/ partied".

Aw fuck, the shitty music discussions from the music thread have infected the HWYD thread.

Ain't that the truth.

As opposed to "Got up, had breakfast/ my job sucks/ exams suck / life sucks etc/ partied".

Well that is the whole purpose of this thread is it not?

Yes because every post is like that. You've written some stupid posts recently, whats happened to you?

Well technically the threads title is "How was your day?"... not "How is your day going?"

But anyways, moving on then...

Come on guys, peace and love. Group hugglesaurus.

My day has been ok. I sent an application off to a school a few days ago, and they replied back saying Thank You and have given me loads of information about the place. Pictures, information about what they stand for, etc. It's really quite nice and it shows that they care.

Going to ring them up on Monday to ask for a look around the school. I can definitely see myself fitting in well there, and it would be nice to work at a place that actually cares. :)

Spent the majority of the day playing guitar, which I've done a lot lately to pass the time. Guitar and applying for jobs, pleasure and excruciating paaaaain.

hugglesaurus.
And there we have word one million and one.
Guitar and applying for jobs, pleasure and excruciating paaaaain.
Are you really that bad? ;)

And there we have word one million and one.

Are you really that bad? ;)

Hugglesaurus is a great word. :D Also, Hug Attacks, Cuggles (which are a mixture of...cuddles and hugs/huggles). It's an excuse to grope, basically, and be close to those amazing creations called breeeasts. :)

And heeeey, screw you sucker! I'm not too bad at the guitar thing, and I think I'm getting better at the applying/writing personal statements stuff. I'm not all that great at bigging myself up though, which is what you're meant to do in these sorts of things.

personal statements make my skin crawl. They make me feel like a liar and a charlatan, at best. I hate writing them.

personal statements make my skin crawl. They make me feel like a liar and a charlatan, at best. I hate writing them.

It's really all about...taking bad stuff that you do and making it sound amazing.

"Chats absolute bollocks" soon becomes "great social skills and the ability to collaborate with others."

"Lazy and half-arsed and pedantic" becomes "Calm and collective, with attention to detail."

But then if you apply to a job internally (ie you know the people hiring) your kinda somewhat fucked - can't get away with white lies :D

If my job is made permanent I have to re-apply and be interviewed by my boss .___.

I don't need to liiiie on my statements. I am that good at what I do....aaaaahahahahahahaha.

It's glossing. Wonderful, magical glossing. It is the ketchup to my chips. If only my statement were edible. Mmm.

Raining: You know what you have to do. Flirt like mad, show off a little cleveage here and there. Throw in the word "dirty" or "filth" here and there, and you'll be fiiiine.

You know what you have to do. Flirt like mad, show off a little cleveage here and there. Throw in the word "dirty" or "filth" here and there, and you'll be fiiiine.

Let us know how that works out for you Flink.

Let us know how that works out for you Flink.

I'll have you know that I have been hitting the gymage recently, and so my pectorals are in half-decent form.

In fact, I'm tensing them right now. HWOAAAAAR. Just tensing whilst I watch the job offers come in. Aaaaaany second now.

Still tensing.