NEurope

Just had the most stupid work man/builder come to the door. Asked if there was anything that needed doing and when I asked him quotes for some external jobs he just didn't seem to have a clue and didn't want to say anything.

Also told me there was a dead pigeon on the roof, so I go and have a look, only for it to start moving around... fucking numpty!

Yeah... don't think you'll be doing any work here matey... move along!

Just had the most stupid work man/builder come to the door.

Lol random sort-of coincidence, I've just had a guy come to the door asking about something building related... basically we're having our roof done atm, it's almost finished and this guy was thinking about having some work done to his roof and was admiring the work that had been done on ours.

He basically just wanted to know about what the roofers were like - they are pretty decent people as it happens - do they clear-up at the end of the day - which they do - and are they reasonably priced - which they are - so anyway I answered the questions as best I could, he thanked me and seemed to go away happy enough, said he would give them a call based on the positive feedback I gave them.

My good deed for the day I guess? *shrugs* :smile:

I want to go to the cinema. But there is nothing decent on apart from Drag me to Hell which my girlfriend refuses to watch.

Oh, woes of mine.

Britney was fucking amazing, as was the attempt to find our hostel drunk and then the relaxing in Hyde Park the next day.

We got to the 02 after having to experience masses of sweaty people on the tube which was literally to the point of bursting it was so busy. There were these two obviously gay older guys singing some Britney song to "ease" the tension on the tube. It was amaaaaaazing. We got there, and had the best freaking time, she was brilliant and the atmosphere was amazing. Did not want to leave.

When it finished, we made our way out of the 02, and just sat there listening to some music and getting a little drunk. Little did we realise we'd lost the directions of the hostel. So, we tried the tube, got this random woman (who was lovely) to call the hostel for us and say we'd be late, and then we asked this bus driver and he said get on his bus. We did, and ended up on the other side of London at half 1 in the morning. The bus stopped, and he told us to get off. We just looked at each other and were like "We're so going to get stabbed".

We found this (what we now realise to have been) un-licensed cab and he got us to the hostel, though it cost a ton of cash to do so. When we got there, they were really lovely, and we got some free Pizza which at the time seemed like the best thing in the world.

Woke up the next day in a bad mood due to the lack on an ensuite, but managed to man it. We were about to get on the train back, and we figured we might just go and spend some time in Hyde Park or something. Spent about 5 hours just relaxing/reading/photo taking/listening to Battlefield and looking angsty. Marks and Spencers + Hyde Park = So good.

So all in all, an amazing day and a half. :D

There were these two obviously gay older guys singing some Britney song to "ease" the tension on the tube. It was amaaaaaazing.

Was the queer man cabaret better than Britney? What was the tension?

Woke up the next day in a bad mood due to the lack on an ensuite

You toff! O_O Where did you think you were darlin', The Hilton?

Was the queer man cabaret better than Britney? What was the tension?

You toff! O_O Where did you think you were darlin', The Hilton?

There was some guy that came on and pushed everyone further in. Everyone was UTTERLY pissed from that point, and the slightest movement seemed to annoy everyone to the point of randomly swearing. There was abysmal amounts of swear coming from everyone.

No, we booked a room with an ensuite, but because we were so late it got given to someone else.

No, we booked a room with an ensuite, but because we were so late it got given to someone else.

I'll let you off then O_O

Did you saver the one song she managed to sing live. *lame*

*lame remark*

No, though she did sound brilliant singing everytime live. Though, I couldn't give a toss if the whole concert was mimed. Once there, it's in your head that she's singing those songs. I mean, Britney performing some of my favourite songs ever that close to me, I couldn't think of anything better. I was so amazingly happy during those 2 hours, I couldn't remove the massive smile from my face.

Edited by Slaggis

I couldn't think of anything better.
Her singing them?

Actually all her recent songs just seem to be her singing through a voice distorter, so she probably should mime those as she couldn't sing them anyway!

I don't think it's a particularly lame remark.

Beyonce manages to put on one hell of a show and still sing all her songs live, so why can't Britney.

Edited by Retro_Link

Her singing them?

Actually all her recent songs just seem to be her singing through a voice distorter. So maybe she has to mime!

I don't think it's a particularly lame remark.

Beyonce manages to put on one hell of a show and still sing all her songs live, so why can't Britney.

I'm not saying she can't, I'm saying I don't give a toss that she doesn't. Apart from the odd time, has she ever actually sung live? No. So, why would it bother me now? I went to see Britney on stage, and that's what I saw. Worth every penny, and I'd gladly go again if I had the cash.

Though, I couldn't give a toss if the whole concert was mimed. Once there, it's in your head that she's singing those songs.

You would happily pay for a delusion?

Thanks to mom starting another discussion again about me still not being able to drive a car, I've now been looking at boring theory stuff for a while. It's suuuuuuuuuuper boring.

Also, this site had gory pictures of "what might happen if you don't wear a seatbelt". I think I'll have nightmares tonight or something...

From what I've heard isn't it just loads and loads of circus-esque gimmicks and shiz flying around to distract from her mediocre dancing?

I get the experience is different and so on, but I'd prefer listen to the CD, and go see...Madonna.

I get the experience is different and so on, but I'd prefer listen to the CD, and go see...Madonna.

You're bullshitting me. Please say you are.

You're bullshitting me. Please say you are.

Madonna is the same as Beyonce, sings live, dances the entire time with amazing choreography, and I actually like a god amount of her music. (not of late though)

And she's a genuine entertainer who isn't threatening to keel over in a fit of madness like some people. Provocative too. And not in a shit "F U C K me lol!" way like Britney.

I love this song/performance in particular.

You would happily pay for a delusion?

Obviously. No. It's not like I'm not aware she isn't singing, but once there that doesn't even come into your mind. You don't care in the slighest, and it seemed the thousands of others there didn't either.

Madonna the same as Beyonce? Haha. You never fail to make me laugh, Paj. Though, usually for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Slaggis

and go see...Madonna.
That's even worse!
and it seemed the thousands of others there didn't either.
I dunno, there's been a good few fans complaining on the radio etc...

But still... if you enjoyed it, that's all that matters.

I'd prefer not listen to the CD, and go see a real band.

But that's just me.

That's even worse!

I dunno, there's been a good few fans complaining on the radio etc...

But still... if you enjoyed it, that's all that matters.

Thankyou, that's exactly my point. No one should go to a Britney concert expecting live singing, it's hardly like they advertise it as such either. They know we know, but the majority of fans don't give a toss.

But yeah, it was fan-freaking-tastic. :D

I'd prefer not listen to the CD, and go see a real band.

But that's just me.

Well obviously. I like Madonna, but not enough to go see her. I'd prefer to see several "proper" bands for the price of one ticket to any of these pop women.

Madonna the same as Beyonce? Haha. You never fail to make me laugh, Paj. Though, usually for all the wrong reasons.

I meant in the fact she goes the whole hog. Is willing to work and put on a show worth the money.

That's even worse!

It's quite sad that Beyonce/Britney/Katy Perry/Gaga/Ashley Tisdale/anyone whining over an electro backing track is now cream of the crop. Madonna has made some great music considering what "genre" she's in/her status. Just cause she's still around means she's being compared to superior people nowadays (compared to her music now, fair enough, it's too shit and urban).

However, nothing any of the above have, or will make, could rival Like A Prayer (the album), Erotica, Ray Of Light, etc. They just want the money and No.1's. Challenging (for a perceived girly pop singer), provocative etc.

I'm not a massive fan, but people who don't like her, write her off for not being as attractive (musically and visually) as the current pop whore/not knowing what she's done for her contemporaries. She neve repeast herself etc.

[/rant]

You don't have to like her. Just realise she's better than Beyonce as an artist. It's not hard. :p

Thankyou, that's exactly my point. No one should go to a Britney concert expecting live singing, it's hardly like they advertise it as such either. They know we know, but the majority of fans don't give a toss.

People should expect live singing at a concert, no matter who is there. If you wanted miming, put on MTV and enjoy the videos, paying £X just to stand in the same room as them whilst they don't even put in any effort just isn't worth it for me.

But as you say, if you don't care, tis fair enough. Quick question, did Womanizer actually get a decent chorus?

ON A SEPARATE NOTE!

I decided to report the "company" I applied for to the police for fraud, as I've had no sign of the charity we were hocking, plus the general holes in what they were saying.

I'm doing alot of this recently, I reported my workplace to the department of health too for their illegal goings on.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

You don't have to like her. Just realise she's better than Beyonce as an artist. It's not hard. :p
Oh come on... for starters Beyonce can sing!

Oh come on... for starters Beyonce can sing!

Compare American Life to any of Beyonce's albums, then tell me Beyonce is better.

American Life is one of best "mainstream" albums I've ever heard.

Sure, Beyonce is a better singer, but a better singer doesn't an artist make.

But as you say, if you don't care, tis fair enough. Quick question, did Womanizer actually get a decent chorus?

Chorus as in everybody singing along to it? It did, though Hit Me Baby One More Time got an even better one. To the point that you could literally only hear the crowd in places, it was brilliant.