NEurope

I'm just enjoying sitting in my underwear relaxing after another week of what is basically an unpaid full-time job. On the negative side lab work is incredibly repetative and I have to work with a pretty irritating guy who cannot follow a set method without unnecessarily questioning it repeatedly all day. On the positive side I'm getting to mess about with harmful chemicals which is always fun and the experiments seem successful so far.

Wow, that sounds ridiculous. Surely restricting you to 45mph on the motorway simply makes it more dangerous?

Are you allowed above 45mph while learning? Because I've been up to 70mph several times and I'm still learning. I would have thought that not being allowed to go that fast while learning would be counter productive, because you wouldnt learn how to go fast until your on your own. Or is it simply once you've passed and you're on your own? Still seems stupid too me.

A law I learned of recently: apparently, drivers under the age of 18 aren't allowed on the road past 10pm. No idea why, no idea what difference it makes, no idea how they enforce it. But apparently it's a law, at least here.

I'm not sure... I don't think I've been over 45 yet.

I did say to my driving instructor, "this is a 60 we're on now, right?" she said that it was, but for me it was 45. Whether she meant when I pass/learning or both, I'm not really sure.

Its a bit silly going 45 on a motorway, but well, I don't think i'll be on a motorway in my first year of driving!

Also: this is only a northern Ireland legislation, so you guys in the mainland wouldn't be restricted like we are.

Just had an interview with Primark. Haven't got the job officially but I pretty much have. She even said that she would have something to offer me.

So yeah only minimum pay (£5.20) but I'm more bothered about experience and hopefully can get a transfer to Aber when I go to uni.

£5.20??! how old are you?

also!! today is getting to feel like trying to control one of my kid's classes in japan. one of my delivery drivers didn't show up so i only have one guy delivering - and he's getting stressed at the kitchen 'cause they're out of eggs and want him to go pick some up and raaaarghhhhk.

Edited by bluey

Got a ceiledh for my mum's work today I have to go to for whatever reason. Can't be arsed. Bumlez.

I'm so scared, as Chair can't find the presale code he got for early Tori Amos tickets. My pants are wet with fear.

Stayed up all night last night playing an epic heroclix match with chair and our significant other. (part 3 of the trio)

It was stunning. My X-Men vs. Chairs' Avengers vs. 3's Power Cosmic Fuck Me team. I could have won. If I'd hit with Professor x twice on Thanos (missed 4 times - bastard).

lttp: glad you're okay letty.

Glad you're fine obviously but why on earth was he doing 70mph and such a tight road? Sounds ridiculous.

Yeah it does sounds ridiculous but my brother does 85mph on tight roads. ::shrug:

Sorry to hear that Dante. =(

Also sorry you lost your suit jacket Jim. People are stupid.

My day's been okay, better than yesterday. Have had... "toilet issues" for two days now, probably a side effect from my medication. It's better today I think (got some medicine that helps now), but was horrible yesterday. Also made me feel really tired and somewhat ill. Oh well.

At least it's a bit better today, though still not back to normal. Evil pills. >.>;

Also, I realised that since I'm on these drugs, I won't get to drink any alcohol on Thursday, when I am supposed to celebrate the end of lectures with my friends. How am I supposed to sing along to Singstar without a bit of alcohol in my system? =(

18. (How old did you think I was?)

Well that's not minimum wage for an 18 year old is it?

I believe you are correct. Its increasing soon to £5.75 (I think) and its going up by like 20p, so Moogle.....sort dat shit out.

Yeah. Goes up to £5.75 or something when you hit 22.

Well in light of yesterdays, I've ended up with severe whiplash >.< Spent the majority of the day lying on my back on the floor at work. Productive...

Here's a pic of one of Nethy's eyes for lols;

dsc02677r.jpg

Still can't really believe it happened.

^ good that you're ok and it's only superficial wounds, although whiplash is horrible. Have had it twice myself, once from a car crash and the other time from a basketball incidence (which was apparently spectacular to watch from what I've been told by people who saw me fall backwards). Hope it goes away soon, although it can linger from my experiences which is not nice.

erm... another lazy day. Just sat and listened to music and watch some TV. Was going to go out but just didn't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow. Seems my week beginning the 1st of June (so the week E3 runs) is now occupied as I'm being roped in to help with news and info from the show over the course of that week at another website. Will be good to get some more journalistic experience behind me, even though I have several published things on said website, but I know they'll be constantly hounding me for stuff which is slightly annoying but I'll just have to cope. Just waiting for access to the staff boards there so that it's confirmed.

Yeah. Goes up to £5.75 or something when you hit 22.

WRONG.

Minimum is £4.77 goes up to 5.73 when you are 21.

Kthnxbi.

Blehh. My whole family is pretty much falling apart today.

My mums bitching constantly today (apparently she has a buggered knee because of too much gyming) and I'm getting most of the blame. Well fuck me you have a fucking swollen knee. (welcome to my life x100) My sister must be on her period or some shit, she's in constant bitch mode.

And like normal I'm the centre of the blame. The problem of the family. Oh fucking yay.

Its all centred on arguments about my mums car - basically its coming up on 7 years. She will probably want/need a new one. She suggested me giving her the trade in value and her getting a new one. Dad won't agree unless mum starts work again to pay for a new one. And my sister seems to think its all my fault and I'm being selfish or some shit. The sooner I get my own place the fucking better.

In other news my aunt called today and she's nearing the end of her chemo. (yay) The shadow in the scans have no gone (even more yay!) But shes lost all her hair/fingernails/toenails. Kinda sucks but I think its probably one of the better outcomes! :smile:

Impressively I woke up at 9am and by 10.30 I was in a town about 10 miles away (which involved showering, doing my (as someone described it today) "1960's haircut", walked just over a mile to the train station and getting the train. Anyway. Met my friend and her kids, pottered around and looked after the kids while she went to a bank meeting. Went to see my dad and spent most of the rest of the day bumping into people (mostly ex-colleagues) explaining my Japan itenerary to each of them.

Going to finish learning the Hiragana alphabet tonight before watching a film. Although currently watching one of the cats watch the hamster.

Here's a pic of one of Nethy's eyes for lols;

dsc02677r.jpg

Still can't really believe it happened.

As long as that's a piercing and not a momento caused by a piece of flying shrapnel!

The sooner I get my own place the fucking better.

Amen to that! I know exactly what you mean, can't wait to get out of here!

Great news about your Aunt :)

This morning I went to work (bluurgh) and later on to a BBQ at my friend's house (had the most amazing lamb ever to be bbqd). We just chilled with some beers and chatted, t'was fun.

Also been sorting through some of my stuff today and apparently on the 25th May 2000, I started a diary that lasted 1 day. It makes quite cringeworthy reading if anyone's interested, bare in mind I was 13!

Dear Diary,

1 day until half term! But 2 weeks until summer exams. There are loads of arguments recently. The main one being between two friends of mine, Caitri and Caro. Caitri’s known this cool skater boy (Tom) for ages and they’ve been friends all their lives. But Caro, one of Caitri’s best friends, fancies him and is a bit obsessed by him.

At first, Caitri didn’t want her to go out with him, but there wasn’t much she could do. Then a few days ago, Caro started a diary where she expressed her love for Tom! And Caitri was a bitch about it. It also contained emails from Tom saying he would prefer Caro’s company to Caitri’s. This caused major arguments and their friendship is hanging on by a thread. At the end of the day they had just about made up, but I don’t think it will last long.

As for me, I love (well maybe not love) a boy called Daniel. He is my brother’s mate and is totally gorgeous. I first started to notice and talk to him when he came round before rugby practice on a Wednesday night. Then in half term he stayed for a whole week because his parents went to Germany to pick up their new Mercedes. We talked alot and I kind of got the impression he liked me. On one of the days that week we all went to Chessington World of Adventures. When we were having lunch, mum suggested that my brother, Dan and I go around by ourselves; I said they wouldn’t want me with them and he said ''Of course we do'' like a real gentleman. We then went on loads of rides together and it was the perfect day.

Since then, he has been around loads for rugby practice, boxing matches and pre-party beers. He was even at our house for the Millennium. He probably has a girlfriend, I don’t know. Nevermind, I also fancy Gav and Ian (who played for Chelsea youths, not anymore though) so I'll just see what happens!

It’s 11 o’clock, I better go to sleep. Last day tomorrow!

It just makes me laugh that I come across SO shallow, stupid and immature. Shhh, anyone about to make the obvious joke! :p

Haha that's funny Molly. I started a diary to be like my mum/sister when I was about 9, but I pretty much just listed everything I bought in the shops. I dread to think what other stuff I wrote but I'm pretty sure I threw everything away as soon as I realised how embarrassing it was!

Brilliant. So many options, so I'll just leave it.

As Paj would say ; Film script, like the case of friendships struggling told from an outsider peering in, reflecting ten years later. I love. [/Paj]

Today.....I didn't win lotto. Well annoyed. Found some clix on the cheap though, and got some awe50me sculpts I

A) don't have.

b) can use for customs. :)

Everyone talking about getting their own place is making me feel inadequate now, I'm getting ready to settle back in at home for at least a year. Though with the family split off in every direction, it'll basically be my own place anyway. :heh:

That kinda reminds me of something I did at new years: a timed email to myself. Basically summarised all my thoughts on my current life, my future life, etc, and sent it through some website or other which will mail it back to you at a specified date. So I sent one 1 year ahead and one 10 years ahead. Shall be interesting to see how things change in just a year, and what stays the same.

oh FUCK today. fuck it right in the ear.

i'm officially ending saturday early with the help of one-too-many sleeping pills (s'ok - they're japanese leftover drugs so i actually *have* to take about twice the recommended dosage for them to WORK on my stupid western body.)

so that's it.

everyone start talking about how SUNDAY is going for you.

as of....

NOW!