NEurope

Move sand? In what way?

And picking up litter would be fine by me. Do they provide one of those gnarly grabber things? If they did, I'd spend the whole day grabbing peoples arses with it. "Whoah! It's got a mind of its own! It's become self aware! RUN!"

I should be on a register...

i dunno, there may be a truck involved....

if i get a grabber, its getting a name, and yes, i'll grab people with it. i may even pull my arm inside my shirt and pretend to be a robot.

shit, if i dont hear back from this job i'll be heart broken now :(

Ah yeah, I've seen people "combing" the beach with tractors. Not entirely sure why though.

My day was fine until I watched the 4th episode of 24 series 6. *cries*

Its been ok most of the day, nice weather as such. My PC at home actually decided to work properly today, no random CD drives opening up whenever they felt like it.

Got a phone call from a nice young lady at 5:15pm, she invited me over to hers. Only problem was i was tired, was back at home in Caldicot. She lives in Chepstow, 10-15 minute bus/train ride away. I didn't ruin anything, she invited me over tomorrow at lunch and after work so everything is hunky dorey.

I got a call from another pub, I say pub, it's a cafe by day, "wine bar" by night. Which I handed my CV into ages ago, asking me if I was still interested in workings. But the hours they're offering are practically the same as what I'm doing now [iE Friday/Saturday nights] which is bullshit. It was weird when they called because I'd just stepped outside of work to get some fresh air on my contacts.

Multi-quote fail.

Is that why you keep the ones in your signature hidden? :blank:

Ah yeah, I've seen people "combing" the beach with tractors. Not entirely sure why though.

Because there's only so much fag ends and used johnnies one man can pick up with his bare hands.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I can't find my guitar tuner, which I'm angry about, because I have an urge to play my guitar right now.

I'm no good at tuning it by ear.

Reminds me of a live Cash record I have where he can't tune his own guitar mid set. Couldn't read sheet music either.

But then if I find something that sounds good, I'll never be able to recreate it exactly.

This has been a tough week.

The day I wake up early the journey to get a flu begins. I suppose it's my fault. When it comes to stuff like this I think 'I'll only get better'. So I don't care what happens I'll just put up with the suffering.

Major dilemma, either I earn some money this weekend to earn money. Or I spend money to go to London for the weekend. Thing is the money to pay for it all... is why I'd work.

the major thing is where to stay. Anyone know of a cheap hotel/hostel that'll let one person stay in a room in London close to centre/Docklands?

But then if I find something that sounds good, I'll never be able to recreate it exactly.

Then record it now. You're so bad.

Bleh.

I just feel a bit crap really. I don't know why. Something about tonight didn't feel right, can't put my finger on it. It was almost awkward. And the lack of communication since coming back hasn't really reassured my worries either.

Typical, really..

hmm on the holidays now.. at the moment I feel a sense of relief... but we get so much holidays in this country.. I have 4 months off haha.. so I'm guessing it's gonna turn to boredom very soon...hopefully games will help me pass the time...

Bleh.

I just feel a bit crap really. I don't know why. Something about tonight didn't feel right, can't put my finger on it. It was almost awkward. And the lack of communication since coming back hasn't really reassured my worries either.

Typical, really..

This was your date I take it.

You've probably said but how do you know her?

How was the movie, meal combo? do anything afterwards, pub, club?

What was awkward, lack of conversation, seemed bored...?

So... tired... gonna have to get some sleep in a minute!

Edited by Retro_Link

This was your date I take it.

You've probably said but how do you know her?

How was the movie, meal combo? do anything afterwards, pub, club?

What was awkward, lack of conversation, seemed bored...?

So... tired... gonna have to get some sleep in a minute!

Haha time for answers then :D

I met her at college, couple of years ago. I was kind of in their friends group a little bit but mainly through association. We spoke a little bit but never really got to know each other until recently, can't really remember why we started talking more, one of those odd late night MSN conversations where we just get on like crazy.

Movie was good, very little talking throughout but that's to be expected. Good banter before and after, the meal goes great, conversation flows well, and I offer to pay, which I go ahead and do. We then walk to the train station and I offer to walk her home which is another 20 minutes away, with the intent of dropping her off and turning around and walking back to the station. What actually ends up happening is I walk her home and am offered to go in for a drink before heading off, which I figure sure, why not. Unfortunately at this point the conversation just stopped, I seemed unable to speak about anything of interest and just felt plain awkward for a good half an hour or so. Eventually making my leave, we depart on a hug, which is as physical as it got all night.

I think that's what weirded me out. The only hug we had was at the end of the night, and even that felt awkward, but she did seem to have enjoyed herself and responded positively to questions about going out again. Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but I'm not sure. Conversation on MSN tonight seemed normal if not a bit restrictive.

Shoulda' fucked her.

Thats what a man would've done.

----------------

Does anyone have a Windows XP installation disk you can send me and I can borrow? My PC is fucked. I'll pay for postage (if you want) Please...desperate. Asked everyone I know and no-one has one. :(

Dyson it doesn't sound like it went too bad.

At least there was conversation for the most part; there's little worse than a boring date with nothing to say... awkwardness!

Maybe she felt she had to invite you in after walking her all that way home and then you having to walk back again. Maybe she did just want to offer you a drink to keep you going, or maybe she was hoping you'd kinda tale charge and it might lead to a bit of romancing. That's probably why it got awkward, no-one really knew what was going on?... she didn't get how you were feeling and thus you got 'the hug'?

Also, you may think you're being the gentleman, but really I think it should be probably be 50/50 money wise on the first date.

Maybe she felt she had to invite you in after walking her all that way home and then you having to walk back again. Maybe she did just want to offer you a drink to keep you going, or maybe she was hoping you'd kinda tale charge and it might lead to a bit of romancing. That's probably why it got awkward, no-one really knew what was going on?... she didn't get how you were feeling and thus you got 'the hug'?

This. Totally agree.

Yeah totally. She invited you in, so she expected some loving. Maybe not the sex0rz but some snogging at least. Missed opportunity Dyson, but you'll get another chance as she seems to like you. They dont invite you in unless they do! Remember that.

Man you're scaring me Dyson. The girl I may be going to the movies with next week to potentially watch the same film, was in my group at college but only sort of since shes an ex-mates ex.

I agree, no-one knew the situation, but if she wants to go out again! DO EET.

Anyway, had exam this morning, I'm super hyper now I just can't stop typing random stuff to people. Also got paid, which I'm happy. Also got an email inviting me to a presentation to receive a certificate about my voluntary work at the school! THE MAYOR OF READING shall be attending! Wow! :)

To be fair, its about time they and the world... recognised how great I was!

Just spent the last hour and a half looking at jobs. Not a whole lot available. Either I don't have the experience people are looking for (which seems to be everyone who's looking to fill vacancies) or they just don't get back to me. Ridiculous really. Not really fussed for working anywhere specific, just need some form of work over the summer. There's an Asdas opening in my town but I've checked numerous websites and there is no mention of jobs going there yet. Perhaps I may be able to get something once it's open, which shouldn't be too long. Also found two vacancies in a Debenhams in Perth, one of which is a visual adviser, part time. Sounds alright but because I don't drive, it'd be a nightmare trying to get there for 9am if that was when I was to start. Just have to keep looking and hope something comes up and they at least get back to me.

Also got an email from the advisor of studies apologising for tuesday (I should bloody think so) but he can't meet on friday. I really don't want to go in next week as I have no reason to go in but I've replied asking when or if he's available even though it's not really what I want to do. Think I'll shoot another advisor an email in a little while and see if they can meet to sort it out tomorrow.

Ok at this precise moment in time, i am not sure if my current job will remain as is. Had an email sent this morning about impending job redunences. There is a meeting today probably to inform us about who is going as such with the option for an appeals process.

Oh well, its been nice here where i have been working for the past 2 years. Must be the 2 year curse upon me again. I could turn on my boss and really tell the big guys about what she is really like to attempt to save my job.

It could be job centre time again, of which i am refusing to sign on again.

Edit: Got told, 44 people are leaving. 24 from the non-shift offices, factory etc and 20 from the shift lot in the factory.

Edited by Jimbob

BACK IN BRIGHTON!

Left sheffield for leeds, it was raining. Left leeds for brighton, it was raining. Get to brighton? SUNSHIEN! Wintasy.

Went back through london yesterday for a family mournsome gathering thing. Felt awkward. Weird. But nice to see 'em all. Uncle phoned from Oz and said that he based his eulogy on the facbook message I sent him *is proud*.

Going t'pizza with a pal today, then LAGOON with him and another pal, for Old Skool law-breaking drinking and Go/funsies.

Then tomorrow will be a day with the ever-decreasing-status-'ex' girl, who was nice enough to come back down with me when i got the news about my aunt, and has offered to get her mum to drive us all back up.

Saturday I'm trying to get a mate who's moved to hastings to come back here. Kinda avoiding seeing my dad while I'm down as I don't want to have The Talk: Part 5 - What To Do When You Fail At Uni. May spend teh day watching movies I found on this PC.

Sunday meet up with blast-from-the-past, the day before her birthday; my 'ex's' old best friend, and they seem to have stopped talking, though the b-f-t-p's birthday is on monday and blah blah.

Monday I'll hook up with Jed, arrange flytes or ferri or wtfever to get to germany in june. Tuesday I get awkward car journey back to leeds then train back to sheff, hopefully in time for Tuesday club! Wednesday I shall read a book outside my house, awaiting the DHL delivery guy, and though he doesn't know it yet, Dan will be coming over for some Marvecatalan! Thursday I have nothing, but probably juggling, Friday is house partaaay, saturday is hangover day off, sunday is Repo: A genetic opera with the nami, the shorty, the dan and the ex, if all parties are ready and willing.

So there you go, stalkers, I sure made your lives easier.

I should probably be happy because today was my last lecture of this year (just some more assignments, presentations, papers and an exam now), but I'm not.

Just got back from seeing the doctor again, and apparently the scan of my leg showed the infection had created an abscess, which has spread from my bone to my soft tissue. I'll be on antibiotics now, and on Friday I will probably find out if I need surgery on it or not. =(

Thing is we don't know how I got it, as the doctor said this kinda stuff only really happens after having a wound of some sorts (usually an open wound). All I have had is maybe some bruises. >.<;

Eenuh, dude, that sounds frightful. Hope the antibiotics work alright. Finger's crossed!

Better than Synecdoche, New York, I'd imagine. But then it is Charlie Kaufman, you can kind of guess that already. :heh:

I'm going on a 'date' to see this movie in a coupla weeks :) bingo bango!

Health-wise, it's not safe to drink more than two cans a day. That's why the guys handing them out opened them before they gave them to you. They know that you know that you can only have two per day.
MMMM SAFETY *drools*

yeah that made no sense.

don't make me get failbear out.

Er yeah, it made perfect sense :P Litterature. You all failed. Retro_Link and Jav win.

Its been ok most of the day, nice weather as such. My PC at home actually decided to work properly today, no random CD drives opening up whenever they felt like it.

Got a phone call from a nice young lady at 5:15pm, she invited me over to hers. Only problem was i was tired, was back at home in Caldicot. She lives in Chepstow, 10-15 minute bus/train ride away. I didn't ruin anything, she invited me over tomorrow at lunch and after work so everything is hunky dorey.

More fail! Too tired?! to go on a bus?!"121 Go be tired with her!

Bleh.

Typical, really..

and the other post...

you weren't prepared for teh INDOOOORS! Conversely, you were too prepared. Plans are ftl. Go wiv flo.